Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shame on CCFC...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shame on CCFC...

It really looks like CCFC will be the cause of inflation in eircom league players saleries. Three players on the bones of €6,000 a week, and to make that public...

Look at Pat Dolan's legacy at St. Pat's and ye are giving it loads about the new super-power in the South. Take a step back and realise that if Shelbourne and Bohs are to keep the same squad , the squad will have to take a 30% wage cut. In general there is a deflation in players value and earning potiential and off go CCFC and fat Pat to buck a current trend, something with has to happen. I can understand JOF and GOC commanding the rumoured cash, but an slightly above average Neil Fenn, I ask you...

One player, we were speaking to for a while introduced an agent, and the agent went €950 pw (52 week)... he was told to ****-off... he came back and significantly lowered his demands... no player should hold an eL club to ransom, Fenn did and got what he wanted... a big €10,000 (per season, I heard) signing on fee...
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

thecorner
    we can afford
    ye cant
    get over it

ccfc-first eircom league team to reach the champions league proper

its all geared up towards this

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where is all this talk about players earning 2,000 a week coming from? I'd be surprised if any CCFC players are on more than 1200 p.w/ 52 weeks p.a.

I'd be especially surprised if Fenn has ben offered that sort of money.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by thecorner
    we can afford
    ye cant
    get over it

ccfc-first eircom league team to reach the champions league proper

its all geared up towards this
    Blah, blah, Big Club blah, blah - Bohs circa 2001, anyone?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Blah, blah, Big Club blah, blah - Bohs circa 2001, anyone?

I remember it well!!!
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xlex, where are you pulling these figures from?

Fenn told Pats (according to Dodge, no reason to doubt it) that city had offered him 10000 a year sign on, there's a very good chance he was lying in the hopes Pats would bump whatever they were offering. I doubt he's on 2000 a week.

I doubt any city player is on more than 12-1300 a week, maybe they have a win bonus structure that perks it up a bit, but that only compares with what Bohs and Shels are paying their best players. We have the home gates / merchandising / sponsorship to pay bigger wages now but Brian Lennox is a smart businessman and he's not going to let city pay a player more than he's worth to the club.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Think it's a ludicrous comparison anyway, but totally ill-founded.... United aren't near top payers in the EPL, despite highest gates, merchandising etc. That's why MUFC plc turns in the profits it does...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shame on the those that are so quick to have a go at CCFC, that they can't get their feet out their mouths fast enough to utter complete bullsh*t when they hear the latest rumour flying around......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Conor, forget about the muck over the water... I wouldn't even compare anything with the stupid wages over there... but if you do, just look at how inflated wages which the top three pay and how some lesseer clubs have fell to the depths of administration after relegation.

Basically when Shels and Bohs were looking at reducing their average wages and the upper wage 'ceiling' CCFC came out and signed Fenn for stupid money... I'm not into this bargaining theory, agents are pushing upwards in this league and thus wages will go up... and we all will suffer from this.

I'm not believing rumours of €2,000 a week for JOF and GOC, but I don't believe it to be far of the mark. conbined €3,000... at least. net, maybe €6,000 isn't that wild...

but what i'm saying is that Irish football needs a recession in players wages at the moment because their is so much to do in order to get our houses in order for the UEFA licence...

Now, Bohs and Shels have to reduce, I think Longford has to reduce and I'd be sure everyone has to reduce their wages budget. Signing Fenn for that rumoured money is only going against the grain of what is happening in Bohs and Shels, and what should be happening league wide. Perhaps Bohs and Shels, the leading lights are leading the way in another necessary direction and we should look to them and take heed...

Agents are going to be a danger in this newer age of eL soccer and because of these monkeys, who try to control players for their own ends, we may have clubs hitting the hard wall or either corruption or death. Nobody is making a vast amount of money in this league, let alone clubs, so why should players.]

Now, I'm not picking at Cork, Drogheda played another game. But we really need to see the long term benefits of everything our club does, and by extension, the league to ensure a steady growth and a steady progress.

You can say that because lennox is a good business man that he can't do no wrong, nobody knows how a man will react to pressures from supporters or from people such as Pat Dolan, especially as Lennox will not be liable for CCFC after his day, he still can take a chance, a gamble, if you like and lose... he might be held liable by supporters but at the end of the day he won't be... differant altogether if you were a members club alá Bohs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Xlex, wel said my friend .... well said !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question

Heres a few questions for y'all...

Whats is a fair average yearly wage for an eL professional footballer?

Is Crowe worthy of 85k as year?

Is the Bohs squad worth on average 40k a year?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    either the FT wage is driving up PT wages or PT wages are driving up FT wages, but I don't have any solutions on how you regulate it...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Shame on CCFC...

Originally posted by Xlex
    It really looks like CCFC will be the cause of inflation in eircom league players saleries. Three players on the bones of €6,000 a week, and to make that public...
    because these figures are bandied about on the net they're assumed to be true...shame on internet spoofers more like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I take your argument Xlex, and it's well thought out, but it's flaw is basing it on the Fenn signing, the reports of sign on bonus and wages are purely speculation. I've seen no official figures, just those bandied about on EL forums. They're more than likely a gross exaggeration on what the real terms are.

thecorner
    after having time to think about this topic i think its a disgrace the money city are paying players

with all the starvation in the world and all the people on the streets in our home town, the herion problem in the city also...the money could be better spent

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God

Xlex, everything you say is built on a house of cards.

Sure we might as well go into Championship manager and add up all the wages and take that as gospel if we are accepting "dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean lei" internet proof

Just imagne the conversation between Fenn and WhoAreYa

Fenn- (thinking to himself before he had a chat with WhoAreYa; well City are offering me a decent deal, might as well chance my arm with this bunch, see if I can get more. Should have a bit of fun with this fella anyway)

EC- Com'on sign for Pats

NF- Eh, give me a decent wage, say €700 pw and a signing on fee of €3500

EC- We're a small club going nowhere fast, we cant afford that. (to himself - cráp our supporters will go mad when they see we have no ambition or hope. I wish Pat was here to tell me what to do, he's the Batman to my Robin)

NF- Good luck

later than day in McDowells

EC- Tried to sign Fenn today

Pats Fans- How did it go.

EC- (thinking to himself, well I can try to undermine Dolan again with a 'O'Callaghan to Longford' and keep the Pats fans on side coz they hate him) ..erm.. he was looking for €10,000 turning up fee, five comely maidens of virtue true, a peach floating in perfume in a large mans hat, a rare first draft of the constitution with the word suckers in it on top of a weekly wage of €2,000. I told him to go back to Mullagh land. (smooth Eamo, smooth)

Pats Fans- A rite, bleedin Mullaghs, Cark are going broke. Better get online. Deadly buzz. Here Anto did you hear.....
    Last edited by SÓC; 08/12/2003 at 9:55 AM.
    Oh no not them again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'll admit that some of the theory is flaky but if we had a first division player who hasn't been proven in the Premier ask us for €950 net a week (PT, 52 week) why wouldn't Neil Fenn (GOC, JOF) be on circ 1,200 - 1,700 a week gross, easily translating into a combined €6,000 a week gross... FT...

and I'm speaking about alledged figures on the net, but sometimes these aren't to far from the truth. If Joe can come on here and dismiss then because he know's different fair enough but to put it down to 'internet rumor' is being defensive...

as for soccfc, fair enough, house of cards, it would appear that alot of clubs are in fact sitting like a house of cards... it's speculation, that's all. but Shels and Bohs, St. Pat's previous problems are all very real..but at the crux of my issue is that we all have UEFA licences to meet and clubs are breaking their arses to pay players, upgrade facilities and set-up youth structures, and at the bottom of it all is the fact that players are making a small fortune and clubs are finding it hard to ****... the only reason Fenn got the reputed contract is that Shels and Bohs always seem to be ready to pay silly money to players that they all of a sudden don't have....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex

and I'm speaking about alledged figures on the net, but sometimes these aren't to far from the truth. If Joe can come on here and dismiss then because he know's different fair enough but to put it down to 'internet rumor' is being defensive...
    that i can't do, for certain, but speaking from past experiences with regards internet rumours and the little bit of insight i do have into ccfc i would say that the figures mentioned here are exaggerated

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joe
    that i can't do, for certain, but speaking from past experiences with regards internet rumours and the little bit of insight i do have into ccfc i would say that the figures mentioned here are exaggerated
    fair enough joe, alot of what i said is conjecture, i'm sustaining my arguement based on something which may or may not occurred. But if the basis of my point were proven true it would be a dangerous and valid assumption...

I still don't think we're that far away from a serious crash from clubs in over their heads in Ireland, I feel the problems may also stem for a current club board going all out to secure Europe knowing that they personally won't be liable...

In one way I feel Drogheda were the most blatent abusers of the trust that was placed in a board by the FAI and Drogheda's supporters... contary to what I said earlier...
    Last edited by Xlex; 09/12/2003 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Actually every player is getting paid €100 a week and are proud to do it for the love of their club/

Work for Victory !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast