Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: THE Joke!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking THE Joke!

Pike Rovers, when did they become an Eircom League club?

To travel 6 Hours to stand in a field that a Sunday Morning League side would be quite unhappy about is a JOKE!! Unfunny too.

To have TV3 show THAT as one of the most important games of the season and even come over to the Derry fan's and ask them to create a bit of atmosphere...........you really have to ask what damage YOUR club has done to the image of the EL!!

YOUR Club is a Joke! We paid to get in whilst stragglers just walked in the side of the road..

The only thing that Limerick has to offer is hospitality, we got that in bucket loads but for all the spoofing about the image of the EL YOUR Club ruined it on National TV! JOKERS!!
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    To one degree, I'd have to agree with you. It is a joke, and we do have sub-standard facilities for EL standard. If you have been reading this forum for the past 9 months or so, you'll find that we have all been highly critical of the condition of our club, its committee and the lack of support and funding we receive.
    However, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Ye are a much bigger club than us, yet the rate of ye're imminent decline is far more accelerated than ours. The Brandywell is turning into a rundown hovel (which ye don't own either btw), ye have had three managers this season, and are fighting for your very existence as a premier league club. Yesterdays result puts you in even greater jeapordy.Success on the pitch for you is very much dependant on one man who is ageing and always injured these days, and right now I know that I'm far happier and prouder being a Limerick fan, having seen my team succeed despite numerous serious obstacles in its way, than being a sad Derry fan, who has to watch his team slip away into obscurity, and who will have to cope with the same crap we have had to endure for so many years. Lets see how ye cope with it, because its not nice and it certainly ain't funny.
    You are an ignoramus of the highest order for posting tripe like you have. We don't wish ill-will on any other club and certainly don't wish our experiences upon them. But we are proud of what we have achieved, so go back to that EL messageboard you normally post your tripe on and leave this one to REAL fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: THE Joke!

This is coming from a fan of a club that recently had a petition to look for funding for a ground that is collapsing and that Derry City don't actually own. Limerick were in a very similar situation to Derry's now. We lost our ground just like you seem to be likely to do. And we have had to struggle on - and after that fight we are about to take your place in the premier division. How many loyal Derry fans will travel to first division matches? Its a slippery slope. Hope then you are as hard on your club as you are on ours.

And as for TV3 covering the match - perhaps if Derry had attempted to play football then the spectacle may have been better. But you seem well suited to first division football anyway.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I quote from your own website - the Save our Stadium Campaign:

"As the situation stands, Derry City Football Club will enter the 2004 season with one of the smallest and most antiquated stadia in the Eircom League"

Maybe the redevelopment should be done in all-glass. Although that mightn't really suit because you seem to have a tendency to throw stones from inside glass houses.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Originally posted by EireBadBoy
    Pike Rovers, when did they become an Eircom League club?

To travel 6 Hours to stand in a field that a Sunday Morning League side would be quite unhappy about is a JOKE!! Unfunny too.

To have TV3 show THAT as one of the most important games of the season and even come over to the Derry fan's and ask them to create a bit of atmosphere...........you really have to ask what damage YOUR club has done to the image of the EL!!

YOUR Club is a Joke! We paid to get in whilst stragglers just walked in the side of the road..

The only thing that Limerick has to offer is hospitality, we got that in bucket loads but for all the spoofing about the image of the EL YOUR Club ruined it on National TV! JOKERS!!
    At least our taxes go to Dublin! Go back to your own League if this one bothers us so much. And get used to the First Division because based on what I saw yesterday, even if you beat us you'll be seeing plenty of it next season...
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some of th e comments are getting political and there is no need for that. I live in the UK my taxes go to HM gov but that does not make me any less of a Irish man.

The guy is an a r z hole so let him fester do n't go to his level. It sounds to me thatat he is giving out about the ground because his team are being bettered by ours.

I hope that the other Derry supporters who look at this site do not take the offence.

I believe over the years of Derry City's involvement they have brought a great deal to the League of Ireland and the eircom league. The supporters in the early years were very colourful and plentiful at league grounds all over the country.

So we ought to ignore this dick and wish Derry fans all the best in the 1st Div
    You're ruining a grand game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Eire BadBoy = Stupid Ignorant F*ckin W*nker

What an *******.so much for solidarity amongst eircom league fans trying to improve the league.after that damning post i would really love it if we beat you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Lads,

While I may not be as extreme as EBB, it was a surreal day yesterday

A lot of us had our views of Limerick coloured by our last visit to Jackman. Children running about hitting people on the legs with hurley bats and walking sticks while genuine Limerick fans looked on and refused to attempt to stop them

There was none of that yesterday but you have to say that the stadium is a joke

Your claims of a "Top class surface" are well off the mark. Have to say that it is certainly the yellowest and most bumpy surface that we have seen all year

As you say though- stadiums aren't important when you still have a club and like ourselves you have had enough battles to keep your one alive over the last few years.

1500 is a bit on the high side in terms of crowd is it not?
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maribor, fair enough. Nobody in Limerick is happy about having to play at the Pike (though we are really indebted to Pike Rovers for their support) but needs must. I think the pitch is better than you say - it is the end of the season after all and it is also used every week (sometimes more than one game a week if Limerick are at home).

But EBB started off with slagging off the ground. Grand. Then we get

Originally posted by EireBadBoy
    you really have to ask what damage YOUR club has done to the image of the EL!!

YOUR Club is a Joke!

YOUR Club ruined it (the image of the EL) on National TV!

JOKERS!!
    Now that is out of order. If he thinks we are such jokers the how come we are in a play off with the great Derry City. If EBB is pis sed off because his beloved Derry City are in the sh it then take it out on someone else, don't slag off our CLUB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Noit making excuses but EBB is legendary for his late night posts full of rubbish on the Derry City board

He wrote this one at 3am after being up from 7am

I have to say it was mad being asked by TV3 to create an atmosphere

The Brandywell is used every week as it is a council surface and usually has at least three games a week on it yet it is miles better than that surface

See you all on Saturday we will be in the Oakgrove on Bishop St before the game- anyone wanting direction just email me at kev@derrycityfc.net

BTW- Does Tom the Gom go to many of your games as I saw him there yesterday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by Maribor
    BTW- Does Tom the Gom go to many of your games as I saw him there yesterday
    He had his plans made thinking that we'd be there!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Maribor
    [B]Noit making excuses but EBB is legendary for his late night posts full of rubbish on the Derry City board

He wrote this one at 3am after being up from 7am[QUOTE]

I thought I was legendary for talking sense too!!

Facts are Facts!! All this talk about Stones and Glass houses, we are currently looking to upgrade a Stadium that has (A) A Roof, (B) Seats, (C)Concrete on the Ground, (D) Walls around it and whilst we consider the standard of our Stadium to be rubbish you try and defend THAT surface as you can defend nothing else.

Whilst I maybe jumped the gun and not considered the fact that Limerick Fans are up against just as much as the rest of the EL, maybe more so, I spouted out what was on my mind at the time.

As usual Maribor is at one end of the scale whilst the more militant like myself are at the other

Whatever, enjoy yourselves on Saturday night....Win or Lose. Probably the later.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joeSoap
    so go back to that EL messageboard you normally post your tripe on and leave this one to REAL fans.
    And which Board would that be???? If you find a post from me on the old EL board in the past 5 Months I'll buy you drink all night Sat.!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Maribor
    See you all on Saturday we will be in the Oakgrove on Bishop St before the game- anyone wanting direction just email me at kev@derrycityfc.net
    Sent you a mail Kev. I guess a few of us will be looking for a few pints beforehand. Check your email and send on the directions. My second time in Derry, great spot. Looking forward to it - especially the victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Right Declan

The Oakgrove is about 5/10 minutes walk to the ground, not the clsoest barm but the one where you will find people that actually know the match is on

I take it you will be coming in the Strabance Road- get the bus driver to cur over at Lifford if you come up through Donegal

As you come into Derry you will pass the Everglades hotel on your right. You continue up to the Craigavon Bridge- making sure you are in the left lane, which will allow you to be int he elft lane,going over the top deck.

Follow the road, taking the first exit off the roundabout at the first side of the Bridge, which will take you up Abercorn Road. There is a corner at the top, and a set of traffic lights, you would want to be in the right hand lane here- indicating to turn right

Turn right onto Bishop street and the bar is the fifth or sixth building on your right

I'll be the fool with "MariborKev" on his shirt

See you all there!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As they say in Cork - job!