Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Morrisson set for Sunderland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Morrisson set for Sunderland

Apparently Clinton Morrisson could be loaned to Sunderland for a couple of months. I suppose it will be good for him to be getting some first team football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Definitely would be better for him than warming the bench at Birmingham, with Forsell doing the business there, he's unlikely to get a look in.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    charlton could be in for him too. we had a look at him before he went to birmingham.

some of our strikers are injured at the moment and the others are not too sure where the net is.

I think he needs a chance and birmingham wont be in the premership for long...

fonzi
    he wouldnt get a look in at charlton either.

no, first division is calling i think.

Pogsly
    A loan move for our Clinton is good , but unfortunately the move to Sunderland is a bad choice . If he does well there it will only strngthen the opinion that Clinton is best a great first division striker and not of premiership quality . And that is also said about David Connolly . There aren't too many alternatives for him in the Premiership though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    lets hope stephen eliott and Jon waters progress fairly quickly

I don't think Morrison is up to it
    Bring back the plank

Pogsly
    I agree OZy . He is a poor mans version of Andy Cole . 1goal per 20 chances .

20 offsides per game . He doesn't seem to understand the rule

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So, in his 15 caps, which he's started three of, he's had 100 chances. Impressive in itself.

Morrison is the best finisher we have, I don't think he's missed a chance for us, the only one I can think of is the off the shoulder against the Aussies. His goal record for us disproves the he's not upto it claims straight away, he's been unlucky for Birmingham, hopefully he can get some good club form together. He and Keane will be brilliant together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Originally posted by Slash/ED
    So, in his 15 caps, which he's started three of, he's had 100 chances. Impressive in itself.

Morrison is the best finisher we have, I don't think he's missed a chance for us, the only one I can think of is the off the shoulder against the Aussies. His goal record for us disproves the he's not upto it claims straight away, he's been unlucky for Birmingham, hopefully he can get some good club form together. He and Keane will be brilliant together.
    Besides scoring against russia, all his goals have come in friendlies. He can't even get into a Birmingham team who at the moment are on a bad run and finding it hard to score goals. The only thing Morrison is good at finishing is his Birmingham career. Not up to scratch and he's no Robbie Keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Besides Russia at home he's barley played in a competitive match! That one was his only start. His record for Ireland can't be argued with at all.

He's out of the Birmingham team because he's against Forrsell, who isn't crap and is scoring goals. Alot of players would struggle to get in ahead of him. He had just returned to form last year when he got injured, if he gets a run in the team now, hopefully with Duggary suspended he will, he'll show what he can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Wheres he from anyway ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts

Re: .....................................

Originally posted by A face
    Wheres he from anyway ??
    London I think?

Scored for Birmingham today - his first start in eight months after injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He was in good form just before his injury and, in his first start since, has scored again. Hopefully he can produce the form he's capable of now for Birmingham.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    connolly has a good scoring record.. i still don't think he is up to iteither ...Morrison is caught offside too much...he might turn into a decent player but right now he isn't and I think steve Bruce shares that sentiment.....He has been better coming off the bench than starting in any of his caps
    Bring back the plank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Re: .....................................

Originally posted by A face
    Wheres he from anyway ??
    Jamaica?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ozymandias
    connolly has a good scoring record.. i still don't think he is up to iteither ...Morrison is caught offside too much...he might turn into a decent player but right now he isn't and I think steve Bruce shares that sentiment.....He has been better coming off the bench than starting in any of his caps
    He's started 3 matches. He's scored in two of them, so I can honestly say I've no idea where you've pulled that last bit from.

Steve Bruce in fact before Morrisons return said he would prove himself when given the chance and has since lauded his return, so where the Steve Bruce sharing of your sentiment comes from is also beyond me.

He is caught offside alot and that's a fault but one he'll work on with experience, I remember Keane being a bit like that too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Steve Bruce Gave Morrisson his first dtart of the year at the weekend and you are saying that Bruce doesn't share my sentiment...obviosly forselll and Dugarry are rated higher....yet Bruce is looking to buy Larsson and Hartson...so that will tell you how high he rates morrisson... Morrisson is talking of going on loan....I think his days could be numbered at the brum

Morrison as I said might become a decent player but right now in his all round play is not up to it..unfortunately we don't have many options in that position and that is why he is being considered......we need someone like Elliott and Waters to fulfill their promise and come through

Also if you look at connoly's scoring record from starts it is impressive but I still think he ain't up to it either.....scoring stats can be misleading when a lot of friendlies are played.....

we will have to agree to disagree on this one slash/ed
    Bring back the plank