Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Mayo Super League 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank View Post
    Sorry took so long to reply I had to translate your grammar. Did you not read my point or could you not understand the correct spelling, I said how these lads played for Ireland and the latest ones are highly regarded by those who have seen them play so how could you come up with the statement that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" when it is obvious that it is not just us who see their ability. If you had read it properly the point I was making was the fact that there is an obvious bias towards the bigger clubs and I used the players I know as an example of this. There are talented players THROUGHOUT this county as well as officials so why don't they be brought in?
    This is not a professional league. Very talented players stay with their local clubs because they want to represent their local team so lets not disregard them.
    ZZZZZZ...anyone else bored?

Who do people reckon will have a chance in conn cup from Mayo?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Good Point

Sorry took so long to reply I had to translate your grammar. Did you not read my point or could you not understand the correct spelling, I said how these lads played for Ireland and the latest ones are highly regarded by those who have seen them play so how could you come up with the statement that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" when it is obvious that it is not just us who see their ability. If you had read it properly the point I was making was the fact that there is an obvious bias towards the bigger clubs and I used the players I know as an example of this. There are talented players THROUGHOUT this county as well as officials so why don't they be brought in?
    This is not a professional league. Very talented players stay with their local clubs because they want to represent their local team so lets not disregard them.
    Cannot agree more .
    Whats the story with the FAI Cup is there 6 teams going out this Year as there are 6 Ties - Maybe only Three
    I see the Mayo debate has unearthed neantherdal man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    Cannot agree more .
    Whats the story with the FAI Cup is there 6 teams going out this Year as there are 6 Ties - Maybe only Three
    I see the Mayo debate has unearthed neantherdal man.
    Who are all these very talented players playing in their local team in the lower divisions who haven't got a chance with mayo oscar traynor team?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lower Divisional players

Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Who are all these very talented players playing in their local team in the lower divisions who haven't got a chance with mayo oscar traynor team?
    Exactly who are they - perhaps this might be easier on the other forums and not the super league one.
    However who are they exactly ? Can someone from these divisions throw some light on the subject.
    Swinford Bangor or Moyvilla perhaps maybe even Clew Bay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    Exactly who are they - perhaps this might be easier on the other forums and not the super league one.
    However who are they exactly ? Can someone from these divisions throw some light on the subject.
    Swinford Bangor or Moyvilla perhaps maybe even Clew Bay
    Clew Bay have had a great year this year, I watched them a few times and they play a nice brand of football. However, dont think they have any players who would make the Mayo Oscar Traynor panel. Not yet anyway...

Bangor definitely have 2 players, the little guy up front and the free kick specialest central midfielder. They were there in the super league season anyway.

Moy Villa? Swinford have one class player from what I remember...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Clew Bay have had a great year this year, I watched them a few times and they play a nice brand of football. However, dont think they have any players who would make the Mayo Oscar Traynor panel. Not yet anyway...

Bangor definitely have 2 players, the little guy up front and the free kick specialest central midfielder. They were there in the super league season anyway.

Moy Villa? Swinford have one class player from what I remember...
    tommy gill would definitely be there or thereabouts i think from clew bay.a very talented player who i think would thrive playing with even better players if he got a chance with mayo.conan dyer is another good young lad playing with them.cannot really comment on other teams as haven't seem too many of them play recently

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Zzzzzzzzz I said I couldn't comment, they are highly rated by you .I am not questioning there ability. Move on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    tommy gill would definitely be there or thereabouts i think from clew bay.a very talented player who i think would thrive playing with even better players if he got a chance with mayo.conan dyer is another good young lad playing with them.cannot really comment on other teams as haven't seem too many of them play recently
    Conan is 28. He comes from a great area of Louisburgh rich in footballing talent...tommy gill is a good player too. They would be the 2 closest from the clew bay team that could possibly get a trial. But when you talk about danny scahill, david horkan, stevie gavin I dont think either gill or dyar would be at that level yet but we'll see how they up it next year in the premier. Would love to see a few more from the Louisburgh area involved in the county scene...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Hello lads,

Is there anywhere I can get reliable league tables for the Mayo league?

I had a quick look through the thread... are you playing a summer football or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Hello lads,

I had a quick look through the thread... are you playing a summer football or something?
    www.snugboro.com will get you our club then just go to tables/divisions
    MAROOOON ARMY!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Hello lads,

The league has really been over for the past two months but there was one game left outstanding due Westport's involvement in Connacht and FAI Junior Cup. They also had several players on the Mayo Oscar Traynor side. The weather in recent times did not help either. They still have to play Snugboro. So much for winter football !!!! You can get the table on
    http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/po...aguetable.aspx

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Does anyone else think it's daft calling you 2nd-tier division the Premier...?

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950