Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by achillrover View Post
    ya but they are division 2.... ye're a super league team. Ye would want to have a little bit more ability/fitness than them at this stage of the season to be honest
    i know that and we should be beating them by that score, but im saying that the performance in the second half was very good. i think thats what pre-season friendlies are about, performance over results
    www.castlebarceltic.com

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    true enough
    www.achillrovers.com
    Achill Rovers Official Facebook Page....

Disclaimer:Facebook Page may not actually be official

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well who is going to win super league this year, i see iorras are playing westport away last game of season, does anyone think the winner will be from these two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    could be a bit of a banana skin for us on the opening day. where is it being played?? if its in the astro we will win it comfortably. celtic played charlestown yesterday in celtic park. won 6-1. very impressive second half. passed them off the pitch
    Think were playing our home games in castlebar towns pitch this year. Hopefully that's the case, I agree we need a nice tight pitch to beat teams like Celtic. Happy enough that it's the first game, always seems to be a close game no matter if it's fahy against Celtic a or b last few years. Be interested to see how he get on without 352 and the a league lads!! After westport it's the game I'm looking forward to most this season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will be pity alright

goodfootball i'd say it was mostly because of all our banter on this ya wish i was playing?? hopefully it's a good thing for us we're playing in the a league, we'll just have to wait and see, that being said i'd prefer to be playing in the brandywell or terryland or somewhere like that instead of castlebar town pitch, has it been confirmed yet? it will definitely be the worst pitch in the mayo league anyway!
    Reporter to Gordon Strachan: gordon, what's your impression of jermaine pennant? Reply: I don't do impressions!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Think were playing our home games in castlebar towns pitch this year. Hopefully that's the case, I agree we need a nice tight pitch to beat teams like Celtic. Happy enough that it's the first game, always seems to be a close game no matter if it's fahy against Celtic a or b last few years. Be interested to see how he get on without 352 and the a league lads!! After westport it's the game I'm looking forward to most this season...
    agree moneen park will help ye a lot. pitch is very poor and tight. i hope that ye fix up the ground a bit. last time i was there it was in a very poor state.
    hopefully it wont be tight this time!! id say it will be though, especially out there. everyone wants to start off with a win.
    www.castlebarceltic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seriously? Is it that bad??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    agree moneen park will help ye a lot. pitch is very poor and tight. i hope that ye fix up the ground a bit. last time i was there it was in a very poor state.
    hopefully it wont be tight this time!! id say it will be though, especially out there. everyone wants to start off with a win.
    As it will be our first time playing there, it will be more like home advantage to Celtic. I believe they are fixing up the pitch as we speak.

Cut the sideline by the 18 yard box and let the grass grow

Ah no, contrary to what people think we are never encouraged by any manager to play a physical game but to keep it on the ground and try and play ball. Something tells me physical might work against ye though so maybe just this once haha, only messing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by threefivetwo View Post
    goodfootball i'd say it was mostly because of all our banter on this ya wish i was playing?? hopefully it's a good thing for us we're playing in the a league, we'll just have to wait and see, that being said i'd prefer to be playing in the brandywell or terryland or somewhere like that instead of castlebar town pitch, has it been confirmed yet? it will definitely be the worst pitch in the mayo league anyway!
    i have to agree with most of what you are saying, i have been to every pitch in the county and its not the worst but the club house needs a lot of work,well run down,and not mayo league standard. maybe fathy will spend a few pound on the upkeep if they use it for their home games.by the way best of luck in the L.O.I.
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers!!

cheers bud!!
    Reporter to Gordon Strachan: gordon, what's your impression of jermaine pennant? Reply: I don't do impressions!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    have never played there to be honest but I'll take ur word for it being bad. All the best in a league anyway, ye'll do alright I'd say! After all the travelling from Cobh to fanad united you might be glad of a game up the road though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers!!

have never played there to be honest but I'll take ur word for it being bad. All the best in a league anyway, ye'll do alright I'd say! After all the travelling from Cobh to fanad united you might be glad of a game up the road though
    can't see us doin too well this year to be honest, we need a few more players but i supose it's a learning curve for us! you're right about the travelling, will be tough, especially on lads with work on a saturday, sunday or monday. have to take it easy on the beer on the bus for the long trips home for whoever has work on a monday morning...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    can't see us doin too well this year to be honest, we need a few more players but i supose it's a learning curve for us! you're right about the travelling, will be tough, especially on lads with work on a saturday, sunday or monday. have to take it easy on the beer on the bus for the long trips home for whoever has work on a monday morning...
    Any sign of ye getting in a few more players before the start of the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was always going to be tough to poach players for the first year but if its successful this year maybe some of the Westport/Erris/Ballina (Oscar traynor team) might join up...cant see a few of them kissing the celtic badge when scoring though haha!

So who'll be lining up for Celtic SL team from last years 1st team? Is it basically the B team with a few new young lads?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    At the moment, i get a text message from my website before every Snugboro game. At the end of the game, i return the score, and this in turn updates the result and the league table on the Snugboro website. The only cost to me, is sending back of the result, 9c on Meteor.

Would any other club members be interested in returning text messages for their clubs fixtures? Private Message me if you want to set this up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was always going to be tough to poach players for the first year but if its successful this year maybe some of the Westport/Erris/Ballina (Oscar traynor team) might join up...cant see a few of them kissing the celtic badge when scoring though haha!

So who'll be lining up for Celtic SL team from last years 1st team? Is it basically the B team with a few new young lads?
    i think there is enough young players coming through in the next few years that are good enough for eircom league, but as of yet they are a bit too young. hopefully celtic will be stabilised in the next 2-3 years and then we will have enough good players that are experienced and mature enough without looking outside the club for players.

as for the sl squad, you will have the likes of russell gibbons, mark maughan and there will be a few players floating between the a league squad and the sl squad.
    there will also be 6 or 7 17 and 18 year olds in the squad. 3 or 4 of them played last night in a friendly and i think that there was a fair few missing aswell. hopefully the mixture of youth and experience will do us well
    www.castlebarceltic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    Any sign of ye getting in a few more players before the start of the season?
    think the closing date for signing has passed, only players brought in that weren't with the club already are james jennings from manulla for keeper, ashley stevenson from ballyheane endamcgahon from manulla who looks like a good young player and danny broderick from claremorris who was with longford last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

meteor

Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    At the moment, i get a text message from my website before every Snugboro game. At the end of the game, i return the score, and this in turn updates the result and the league table on the Snugboro website. The only cost to me, is sending back of the result, 9c on Meteor.

Would any other club members be interested in returning text messages for their clubs fixtures? Private Message me if you want to set this up.
    joe you shoul top up your phone by 20 euro a month and you'll get free messages for the month then..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    Seriously? Is it that bad??
    Can ye not get to play friendlies on it? Surley if yer using it for the season ye should get used to it?

What new players have ye added this season?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Where can you get a copy of the A league fixtures?

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast