Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r.rover View Post
    would i be crazy in suggesting that a bigger pitch might suit fahy, hope to get the lads as fit as possible and hope to play a bit of football ourselves? i know the idea of a good super league team like westport and a few others could play us of the pitch, but surley their skills would be even more effective on a tight pitch where close control of the ball is crucial???
    Dont agree, more space = more ablity to exploit weaker teams or be exploited by stronger teams. We can be a tough team to beat on a tight pitch where the bigger sides like westport are easier to close down and have less time on the ball. Easier attack on the break then too. Milebush wouldn't be the ideal place to bring Westport

I expect we will be alot fitter this year and stronger in depth...there seems to be more organisation and committment about us so far so hopefully it continues all season and we have our best 16 available every week when it starts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    Why would you imagine that?
    what could happen? if manulla b went up and manulla a went down, the next season, manulla would register their best players b so they would have their strongest squad playing super league. doesn't matter whether its a or b team, the club would still have a team in super league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    You think fahy and kilmore will have more in the locker than Celtic B and S&F???? have you seen fahy or kilmore play much??
    To be honest Castlebar Celtic will have a strong side due a number of players that have returned from other leagues. As for S/f will they at least have History at playing the highest level.
    Think of Fahy or Kilmore, they are just kick around teams, who will do no justice to the Super League. Only leave red faces to those who run it.
    Sorry to say I can't share the same enthusiasm as you do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What enthusiasm are you referring to there? TheBoy was saying that Castlebar and S+F are stronger than Fahy and Kilmore, which is fair enough. Why you have to jump in criticising teams before they even get a chance to play in the league is beyond me.

Just what is a ´kick around team´? How does a team ´do justice to the Super League´? And why would the performance of two teams ´leave red faces to (sic) those who run it´? What, basically, are you talking about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    To be honest Castlebar Celtic will have a strong side due a number of players that have returned from other leagues. As for S/f will they at least have History at playing the highest level.
    Think of Fahy or Kilmore, they are just kick around teams, who will do no justice to the Super League. Only leave red faces to those who run it.
    Sorry to say I can't share the same enthusiasm as you do
    This makes no sense, its hard to argue with your point when you cant communicate it yourself in a small paragraph...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Communicate it yourself?

That hardly makes sense either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    Communicate it yourself?

That hardly makes sense either.
    Meaning he can't communicate his point to us!!

If he could, then we might be able to argue the point.

Loving your name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    Just what is a ´kick around team´? How does a team ´do justice to the Super League´? And why would the performance of two teams ´leave red faces to (sic) those who run it´? What, basically, are you talking about?
    i think he means that ye are a country team with a lot less technical ability than the other teams and ye will try to 'oof it and kick other teams off the pitch to try and get results.

not my view, but i thinks its what the renovator is trying to say!!!
    www.castlebarceltic.com

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    i think he means that ye are a country team with a lot less technical ability than the other teams and ye will try to 'oof it and kick other teams off the pitch to try and get results.

Renovator/hoop4life

Not long since Celtic used to try to beat teams by hoofin, long balls, kicking other teams off the pitch. Seemed to work most of the time under Dykes, something he was well known for himself!

If we have to take a leaf outta their book to get results I for one would be happy to do so

By the way, not to burst your urban bubble you think you live in but we're all country teams in the ML. The alternative is city and there's no city in Mayo last time I checked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    Renovator/hoop4life

Not long since Celtic used to try to beat teams by hoofin, long balls, kicking other teams off the pitch. Seemed to work most of the time under Dykes, something he was well known for himself!

If we have to take a leaf outta their book to get results I for one would be happy to do so

By the way, not to burst your urban bubble you think you live in but we're all country teams in the ML. The alternative is city and there's no city in Mayo last time I checked
    look mate, i said that that is not my opinion of fahy rovers. i think that is what the renovator was trying to say. my opinion of fahy rovers is that ye are a tough, physical side that work hard for each other and are hard to beat, something similar to erris.

don't know why ye keep referring back to the dykesy era. yes, two years ago, he played long ball football and i wasn't in favour of it but it got results and if ye get results by doing the same, then good luck to ye. everytime the subject of any team playing direct football comes up, everyone mentions celtic under dykesy. no one ever mentions the good football that we played before him of after him, do they??

as for the urban bubble gag, i'm not going arguing with you about culchies or townies but i've lived in a major town for over 50 years and wouldn't consider myself or castlebar celtic to be country!!

as i said in previous posts, i think fahy will be a tough side to beat for teams and i think that it is good to see new blood in the super league, like ye and kilmore so don't be trying to start arguements when i'm encouraging ye and kilmore in the super league and hoping ye do well to shake things up and make the super league more interesting.
    Last edited by hoop4life; 23/03/2009 at 9:16 PM.
    www.castlebarceltic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    look mate, i said that that is not my opinion of fahy rovers. i think that is what the renovator was trying to say. my opinion of fahy rovers is that ye are a tough, physical side that work hard for each other and are hard to beat, something similar to erris.

don't know why ye keep referring back to the dykesy era. yes, two years ago, he played long ball football and i wasn't in favour of it but it got results and if ye get results by doing the same, then good luck to ye. everytime the subject of any team playing direct football comes up, everyone mentions celtic under dykesy. no one ever mentions the good football that we played before him of after him, do they??

as for the urban bubble gag, i'm not going arguing with you about culchies or townies but i've lived in a major town for over 50 years and wouldn't consider myself or castlebar celtic to be country!!

as i said in previous posts, i think fahy will be a tough side to beat for teams and i think that it is good to see new blood in the super league, like ye and kilmore so don't be trying to start arguements when i'm encouraging ye and kilmore in the super league and hoping ye do well to shake things up and make the super league more interesting.
    Never said it was a bad thing to be a physical side...

Nobody labels sides as country or town these days, bit old fashioned to think that a side from a town would play a nicer style of football? but as you say no point in arguing that one. In the eyes of Dublin we're ALL culchies!

Hopefully we do ok in the SL, good to see some people would like to see us do well, just like we would like to see Celtic fly the flag for Mayo in the A League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    when is celtic's 1st game in the A league? has there been any fixtures given out yet for the SL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I had worked out that that was what he meant Hoop, I just wanted to point out to him that everything he writes is rendered incomprehensible by mixed metaphors, cliches, jargon and jumbled up sentences. For ´kick around´ he presumably meant ´kick-about´, ´leave red faces to those who run it´ I´m guessing is some mix of ´egg on their faces´ and ´red in the face´, ´do justice to the Super League´ is just a heap of ****, but might have something to do with´do themselves justice in the Super League´. His wonderfully random ´sorry to say I cant share the same enthusiasm as you do´ is a reference to absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I would have no problem with any of this, and wouldn´t be so pedantic either, if he didn´t insult teams who have yet to kick a ball in the Super League. We may well finish bottom and play unstylish football, but at least wait until it happens before you start hurling abuse.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here we go again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    I had worked out that that was what he meant Hoop, I just wanted to point out to him that everything he writes is rendered incomprehensible by mixed metaphors, cliches, jargon and jumbled up sentences. For ´kick around´ he presumably meant ´kick-about´, ´leave red faces to those who run it´ I´m guessing is some mix of ´egg on their faces´ and ´red in the face´, ´do justice to the Super League´ is just a heap of ****, but might have something to do with´do themselves justice in the Super League´. His wonderfully random ´sorry to say I cant share the same enthusiasm as you do´ is a reference to absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I would have no problem with any of this, and wouldn´t be so pedantic either, if he didn´t insult teams who have yet to kick a ball in the Super League. We may well finish bottom and play unstylish football, but at least wait until it happens before you start hurling abuse.

The whole world is not against you,dont worry...Please stop trying to be petty about everything....Or are you a professor of english.Everytime someone says something,you have to be politically correct even about the vocabulary people use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
    The whole world is not against you,dont worry...Please stop trying to be petty about everything....Or are you a professor of english.Everytime someone says something,you have to be politically correct even about the vocabulary people use
    1924 stop trying to rise people because it always ends with you rising quicker than a priest in a barney suit!

Get back to football talk

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    1924 stop trying to rise people because it always ends with you rising quicker than a priest in a barney suit!

Get back to football talk
    Thats a very rich coming from you!!!!!!

Look at your colleagues posts,keep it to football as you say!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    when is celtic's 1st game in the A league? has there been any fixtures given out yet for the SL?
    i dont know. the a league is starting on the 5th of april but the fai have told celtic that they wont have to play any games until they are finished in the connaught cup
    www.castlebarceltic.com

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    could be a bit of a banana skin for us on the opening day. where is it being played?? if its in the astro we will win it comfortably. celtic played charlestown yesterday in celtic park. won 6-1. very impressive second half. passed them off the pitch
    www.castlebarceltic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ya but they are division 2.... ye're a super league team. Ye would want to have a little bit more ability/fitness than them at this stage of the season to be honest
    www.achillrovers.com
    Achill Rovers Official Facebook Page....

Disclaimer:Facebook Page may not actually be official

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast