Thread: Accomodation in Bari

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Accomodation in Bari

Think this is worth its own thread
    Got this from hotels.com, they have rooms available (info near the end)

Are you thinking of heading to Bari for the big game? The official travel partner to the Irish soccer fans, Hotels.com, has come up a selection of top things to do and places to stay for the Irish fans that are travelling over for qualifying match on April 1st 2009.

About Bari

Bari is fast becoming a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful sandy beaches and university town vibes.

While most visitors head to Bari to relax on the stretch of white sandy beaches under the blue skies, don’t forget that this picturesque town is dotted with quirky bars, restaurants and nightclubs as well a wealth of culture to be appreciated. What you could do is extend your trip and visit cities such as Naples and Rome, which are only a train ride away.

With up to 10,000 Irish fans set to travel to the city for the big game you want to be sure that you have your accommodation booked and know what you want to do while visiting the ‘heel’ of Italy.

Where to drink...

Visit the Tavli Cafe for lively music and the best Italian beer around.

Head to the busy town square of Via Putignani for a wider selection of bars and pubs and a great atmosphere.

Where to party…

Il Bourbon nightclub stays open until 7am serving a vast selection of cocktails, beers and wines.

Where to eat…

Try the typical Pugliase dish of Orrechiette pasta with mince meat from the local Enoteca De Pasquale restaurant on the port.

And for a bit of culture…

Visit the Basilica du San Nicola renowned to be one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Europe.

Where to stay

Four star hotels

Mercure Villa Romanazzi

From €118 per room per night

Hotel Mercure Villa Romanazzi Carducci is located just 2km from the shopping street of Via Sparano, and 3km from the city centre. The central train station is 800m from the hotel, and the airport is 10km away.

Hotel Victor

From €94 per room per night

The nine-floor Hotel Victor dates back to the year 1971 and has a beautiful terracotta-coloured façade with hanging greenery. The hotel is situated in central Bari just 800m from the Adriatic Sea.

Hotel Pineta

From €63 per room per night

The Hotel Pineta is located in Ruvo di Puglia, 500m from the town centre and the fascinating Archaeological Museum.

Three star hotels

Grand Rive Del Sole

From €72 per room per night

The Grand Hotel Riva Del Sole Hotel is located 4km from the seaside resort of Giovinazzo, just outside the town centre. It lies 15km from the city of Bari and 30km from the historic town of Trani.

Villa Dei Pini

From €92 per room per night

Villa Dei Pini is housed in old historical mansion built in 1845, surrounded by lush plants and flowers. A lane lined with age-old pine trees leads to the villa located within a vast green park laid out in the classic style of Italian gardens and offering plenty of shade during the hot summer season.

Hotel Rondo

From €91 per room per night

The Rondo hotel located in the elegant Carrassi district of Bari is surrounded by a lovely garden and courtyard terrace. The hotel's close proximity to the main town thoroughfare makes it an ideal location for any holidaymaker.

All hotels can be booked by visiting Hotels.com or calling 1 800 55 33 38.

For more information and travel tips on planning your holiday visit www.hotels.com or call 1800 55 3338 to wake up happy on your holiday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought, from what i have read here and ybig, that the hotels you quote were already fully booked, with many here having been screwed over on earlier reservations?
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Mercure messed us up. hard to believe this list of hotels is stil available

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry but I would take the Accom above all with a pinch of salt .

As far as Bari goes No Home & Nowhere to Stay .

BIG ISSUE , get your big issue and help the Irish homeless .

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Spares?

We should have spare beds, 2? In hotels for Tues/Weds, think around €50-60 in Central Bari, p.p.n., ages since booked!
    Not confirming until week before.

PM If interested?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hotels.com only sent us that mail the other day. Worth a try I reckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mento View Post
    hotels.com only sent us that mail the other day. Worth a try I reckon
    Thanks for your help on this Mento but I have had so many knock backs that I have given up for the time being . I do plan to try on the day but at least I have plan B to fall back on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mento appreciate the post but somebody in Hotels.com has their head up their ass as none of the hotels they list are available and the mercure is the one many here had hassle with.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i eventually got sorted for accom, had to get italian friend to ring few hotels. im making a week of it but for the day of the match and the day after i got to stay in a b&b as the hotels are all booked.
    the people of bari are expecting 25000 irish people, they are pretty much fully booked but i think it has alot to do with the travel companies footy packages booking up every last bed in the town. Better get tickets for the game now!
    Falcon Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy_Burns View Post
    i eventually got sorted for accom, had to get italian friend to ring few hotels. im making a week of it but for the day of the match and the day after i got to stay in a b&b as the hotels are all booked.
    the people of bari are expecting 25000 irish people, they are pretty much fully booked but i think it has alot to do with the travel companies footy packages booking up every last bed in the town. Better get tickets for the game now!
    cant see more than 6 - 7,000 going to be honest. definately not 25,000