Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 119 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Poor Killer is going to have a torrid week with Seamie running at him. I wouldn't be suprised if its the straw that breaks the Kilbamels back. Interestingly that'd be Seamus's best chance of getting a look in. Force O'Shea over to the left flank. Kevin Foley would have something to say about it though. Poor Kev has turned up for every squad since Giovanni took over but only has 1 cap to show for it. Left out of most matchday squads too. Has never once hinted at complaining though. Ironically has more chance of getting a game if he's left out of a squad, at least then he'd have media backing.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Every now and again Trap throws the odd unexpected decision. For example Lawro starting against Italy. But he had played in two friendlies before then and did well in particular against S Africa. Presume we all agree that there is little or no chance of Coleman starting on Friday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Every now and again Trap throws the odd unexpected decision. For example Lawro starting against Italy. But he had played in two friendlies before then and did well in particular against S Africa. Presume we all agree that there is little or no chance of Coleman starting on Friday?
    almost none, he's breen brought in as back up for the right full slot. His best chance of making the team is if O'Shea plays left full and Foley plays right, with Coleman on the bench
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    yep i agree with tets he never really brings up players even if others drop out unless he has an uneven number for training for preferred positions. Its to gain experience for the younger fellas to be around the squad and learn of how things work, but more importantly balance things out in training for trap.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    bearing that in mind, would people expect McCarthy to start if he was in the squad?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Coleman starting on the right wing against Liverpool today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    ''Everton are bossing these opening exchanges, pressing Liverpool quickly at every turn and getting forward at every opportunity. Full-back Seamus Coleman, in particular, looks a threat down the right.''

yet he cant make our rubbish national team. trapatonnis a real good manager lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    ''Everton are bossing these opening exchanges, pressing Liverpool quickly at every turn and getting forward at every opportunity. Full-back Seamus Coleman, in particular, looks a threat down the right.''

yet he cant make our rubbish national team. trapatonnis a real good manager lol
    who would you drop to replace with Coleman?
    O'Shea? Nope. Foley, more experienced at a higher level. Kelly, ditto. Lawrence/McGeady/Fahey on the right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    just set up cahill's goal. he has to be tried out in the norway game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Coleman just created Everton's goal in the Merseyside Derby. A great run down the right side before pulling the ball back from the touchline for Cahill.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    nice assist there for the opening goal. We're pretty well equipped on the right (see my post above) so I don't think Coleman's omission is a stick to beat Trapattoni with.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Coleman is lethal going forward. I think he's found his home in the right of midfield. He's too dodgy defensively to be played at the back imo. Call me old fashioned but I like my defenders to be able to defend.

I'd start him for the Norway game and if he puts in a good performance I'd seriously consider him as a starting option for Ireland on the right of midfield if Lawrence was injured in a competitive game. Very few Irish players are making as many appearances for their clubs in as strong a team (only Dunne and O'Shea spring to mind). Unfortunately I'm not Trappatoni. He's going to be a top player bar that old poisoned chalice of young Irish footballer's careers -injury.
    Last edited by youngirish; 17/10/2010 at 1:20 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Just reading some of the comments on Coleman on a supporters forum. One comment says he really is the "White Cafu.". From what I have seen of him so far, I think this is a pretty good description of him. Great assist for the goal. I wonder has Trap taken time out of his busy Sunday schedule of lounging in his deck chair beside his pool at his Italian villa to take in this game. Doubtful I would think

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/th...-13.30./page30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    we're crying out for someone like coleman to come on in the second half though. someone with energy who can get behind the defenders and whip a cross in. a genuine wide player unlike keogh or long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I think Coleman could do a job for us on the right of midfield whether it's from the start or as an impact sub. Could he have improved the team when Fahey went off? Yes.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Just reading some of the comments on Coleman on a supporters forum. One comment says he really is the "White Cafu."
    Alan Hutton's the "White Cafu!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    can coleman rly be as bad as kilbane at defending. put him right back, o shea on the left, and breathe a new lease of life into the irish team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    can coleman rly be as bad as kilbane at defending. put him right back, o shea on the left, and breathe a new lease of life into the irish team.
    Coleman isn't playing right full for his club, would you really play him there ahead of Foley and Kelly?

BTW I'm not saying Coleman shouldn't be in the squad, I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I'm saying he hasn't done enough to justify a starting position in either position on the right ahead of the established players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Since when did 'breathe a new lease of life in the Irish team' simply equate to replacing a left back?

Also O'Shea was regularly poor at LB for Ireland in the past. Actually led to Stan making the only decent managerial decision during his Ireland reign when he switched swapped Finnan and O'Shea for the home match against Wales. We were flabbergasted - but Finnan marked Bellamy out of the game and O'Shea had his finest game for Ireland in months. RB or CB is where he belongs, moving to LB is nothing more than a short-term fix with no guarantee of improvement.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Page 19 of 119 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast