Thread: FAI board rejects Cobh Ramblers’ proposal

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

FAI board rejects Cobh Ramblers’ proposal

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but:

The FAI board this evening (January 26) rejected the proposal from Cobh Ramblers in relation to the purchase of St Colman’s Park. The board agreed that it could not, under proper league governance, provide financial assistance to any single club involved in the League of Ireland that would assist it in obtaining a license.

Nonetheless the FAI board agreed that it would look at a financial solution to keep St Colman’s Park in football post the club licensing process.
    What now?????
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    FAI reject Cobh's ground selling plan

Cobh Ramblers have been handed a blow with the news that the FAI have rejected their plan to sell St Colman's Park to the organisation, who would then lease it back to the club. The club's members had voted to put the proposal to the FAI in order to help them clear their debts and attain financial stability, but the FAI have been unable to assist.

The FAI's board came to the decision that it could not provide financial assistance to any club involved in the League of Ireland as it could assist them in obtaining a license. However, - they did agree to look at a financial solution to keep the club in football post the licensing process.

Read more at www.rte.ie
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    is not is if l told you so, but you all were to focused on fighting each other and not to work together.
    Months and months are now gone and lost where you all could have fundraised together but all you did as a club is cat fight and have a large division between boths side.
    Boths side are to blame because all you wanted is the POWER to run the club.
    There were many Premier and 1st div clubs in the same boat what did they do .....call a supporters meeting get everyone together start a supporters group that would pledge money over a period of time and guess what their clubs will be all playing loi football this year.
    It's still not too late to get a few hundred suppoters together at the club house organise a fundrasing commette outside the present commette.
    Put a plan together and sell it too the FAI before the end of the week.
    IT NOT TOO LATE
    That's is all I have to say and I do not even live in Cobh or a supporter but it is a shame you all did not see the bigger picture.
    Now I bet you will have both groups blaming each other and I say a good few will be sitting at home delighted that it failed.
    I say shame on you
    MSL next year all playing in the Wanders team should be good.
    Creditors here they come.. last person tonight at the club house turn the light off for the last time as the team have left for the last time
    the sub

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    There were many Premier and 1st div clubs in the same boat what did they do .....call a supporters meeting get everyone together start a supporters group that would pledge money over a period of time and guess what their clubs will be all playing loi football this year.
    Another feckin meeting!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a meeting about what we're shagged end of

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Too Early???:

Sorry Lads!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    the thing is AFAIK our licence is in order and we should get one, its the debth that will stop us playing footbal not the licence, we have the tax clearance cert, the ground (at the moment), we have no wages, no player contracts have been signed,

so how screwed we are is entirely up to us now,

EGM EGM EGM EGM EGM meetings about meetings, save the club,

thursday night good for everyone
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Hope ye can get things sorted lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    This is really sad! Is this what the focr's wanted all along? All this arguing to ruin Cobh? Why could'nt they just work together? I've been going to Cobh since I was knee-high and I will never forget that night in Athlone and to think it's all over now! The focr's should be ashamed of themselves! Its not fair on us loyal fans who were there when there was only 50 or 60 in the ground. Waiting for this time when the club is actually progressing and we were getting a thousand at games.

I for one will not go to any Cobh games if they are in the MSL.

Lets hope for a miracle!
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    FAI reject Cobh's ground selling plan

Cobh Ramblers have been handed a blow with the news that the FAI have rejected their plan to sell St Colman's Park to the organisation, who would then lease it back to the club. The club's members had voted to put the proposal to the FAI in order to help them clear their debts and attain financial stability, but the FAI have been unable to assist.

The FAI's board came to the decision that it could not provide financial assistance to any club involved in the League of Ireland as it could assist them in obtaining a license. However, - they did agree to look at a financial solution to keep the club in football post the licensing process.
    This is indeed very sad news, but I appeal to everyone here to hold back on casting blame and look at what the FAI have said.

This issue about obtaining a Licence is a very serious one and to my knowledge it was never mentioned before in the first place.

However it is a catch 22 or so it seems. We need a licence to play football, but we need to pay our debts in order to get a licence.

My question is this. How much money is required to secure the licence?

We should all be hanging our heads in shame and take a leaf out of Drogheda's book. They ALL forgot about power struggles and put their hands in their pockets.

NOW is NOT the time for blame here as we are ALL to blame. NOW is time for LEADERSHIP....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Just a quick question how many loyal supporters to you have, what I mean who are working and in go in as paying adults into games.

If you have 200 plus main supporters group get together now and do what City, Athlone and all the other clubs did over the last few months.
    Get a commette together get all the bars, shops ect to pledge 20 euro a week to support also.
    I

It's not too late I hope
    the sub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    This is indeed very sad news, but I appeal to everyone here to hold back on casting blame and look at what the FAI have said.

This issue about obtaining a Licence is a very serious one and to my knowledge it was never mentioned before in the first place.

However it is a catch 22 or so it seems. We need a licence to play football, but we need to pay our debts in order to get a licence.

My question is this. How much money is required to secure the licence?

We should all be hanging our heads in shame and take a leaf out of Drogheda's book. They ALL forgot about power struggles and put their hands in their pockets.

NOW is NOT the time for blame here as we are ALL to blame. NOW is time for LEADERSHIP....
    Well said JamesD,
    ...the blame game has got to stop NOW, its not going to get anywhere if we've people still on here posting and blaming other groups!.

It was the FAI's decision and not a decision of any group within the club. We all know some people wanted something and others wanted other things!, . . . but in the end the one thing that we all might not have this season is a FOOTBALL TEAM!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very true what is the point in blaming anyone, Friday is D-Day so lets just see what happens then, but at the end of the day we shouldnt really be this badly off. Barry Walsh is gone to Dublin today too see what the full story is.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Good luck.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Dear Gerald Kean,

You wanted to help Cork City but they didn't want your money. We'll gladly take it!,

Thank You,
    Cobh Ramblers.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There is no point in blaming anyone for the proposal being rejected.
    What we should be doing is seeing what we can do to help the club to get through these dark days.
    Maybe the club should get the 400 members club up and running asap.
    Even if we got 100 members to join and contribute 10 euro per week it would be a start.
    All may not be lost but the longer we stay inactive the sooner the inevitable is going to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    From eleven-a-side.com:

"Under new manager Dave Hill, Cobh are preparing for life in the First Division after relegation from the top flight last season ”“ but club chairman Barry Walsh admits the prospect of dropping a further division may well be in their best interests.

He told the Irish Times: “I’m not saying that we won’t get a licence but in the event that we didn’t then we will drop down to the A League and that mightn’t be the worst thing that could happen if it allows us the opportunity to get out ourselves straight after what has been a difficult year."

Whoa. At least he's thinking long-term survival I guess. I'd rather see ye in the A-League for one year rather than have one last hurrah in the 1st and then go out of business altogether.
    We tend to believe that words enable thought. But words can also substitute for thought.

- Richard A. Posner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If we have to take a step back to go forward then so be it at least we will survive and hopefully come out the other side a stronger unit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    If we have to take a step back to go forward then so be it at least we will survive and hopefully come out the other side a stronger unit

Pretty poor standard of Football, but as said it wouldnt be the worse short term solution, IF it means we are to survive as a club ...
    ...BUT...
    surely there is very little/no money to be made here to pay off our debts so the club can survive and not be crippled by our creditors!

*Gates could be down cos of standard of Football = loss of money
    *Would the club attract a decent sponsor for Season playing in this league = loss of money
    *Will players expect wages to play in this league, surely not as this standard isn't great - and some MSL clubs are playing players, (players might decide to go to MSL teams that are paying)
    *Wouldn't Premier MSL league be a stronger league than this - i know for a fact most MSL teams would hold their own against even current LOI 1st division teams
    *Is this wat Dave Hill signed up for as manager - 'A' League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i dont agree with dropping a division, we can get 11 players to accept A league pay (if it exists) and play in the first, it wont be the first team weve had the last few years, the standard would be pretty poor,

lads we have financial trouble, the best way to solve it is to make as much money as you can, and that means playing as high a standard of football possible,

rams72 is right we need to move on this as soon as possible, we need to start fundraising, and get the 400 club up and running, and also why cant more people stop by the clubhouse, thats the best way to get money into the club at the moment
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast