Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liam Brady scolds journo

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Liam Brady scolds journo

I was listening to the press conference from Abbotstown to name the Georgia squad and was appalled to hear Liam Brady bark at a journalist (don't know what journo!) to "have a bit of respect for your country"!!!....
    Is Brady for real??...who dos he think he is spouting such rubbish....the same bucko looked alittle worse for wear when the camera zoomed in on him, perhaps a few early bights may help get rid of those black eyes you are sporting Liam........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Well it wouldn't be the first time anyway

Edit: Gonna move this to the Ireland Section
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    "Gonna move this to the Ireland Section"
    If you had better sense you would have either corrected the content in the first post or moved the thread into the rubbish.
    What an idiotic thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    what did the journo ask ?
    is this thread a joke ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    what did the journo ask ?
    It doesn't say, its just Brady going off the handle again. He is always at it.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sounds like he was dead right. I think they were pushing the Ireland agenda again after Trap had answered it and Brady was just letthing him know that the story is finished until Stephen Ireland calls them.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Sounds like he was dead right. I think they were pushing the Ireland agenda again after Trap had answered it and Brady was just letthing him know that the story is finished until Stephen Ireland calls them.
    which is the way it should be for now.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    It doesn't say, its just Brady going off the handle again. He is always at it.
    It was Brady making a comment about Stephen Ireland. He was answering a journalist's question.
    A far cry away from your swallowing of the line that he was barking at a journalist to "have a bit of respect for your country"
    never mind the silly link to olden days when Liam was slim and had hair.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I think its crass and idiotioc to say that "all he has to do is call us". Another public declaration that its all down to Ireland makes it more likely that this will never be resolved. I am not interested in the morality of this and quite frankly niether should the management. Their job is to put the best team on the pitch and if that means finding a more subtle way round Ireland's idiosyncratic psychology then that is what they should be doing. The recent media signals from his father and the Indo article reminded me of the alleged Provo message to the UK Government "THe war is over, but we need your help in ending it." I am afraid that Trapp and Brady's response was the equivalent of "just hand in all your weapons, recognise the union and fax us to tell us when you have done it." Its quite legitimate for journalists to ask questions about why our best player is not in the squad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i really wish brady wasnt involved with the irish team, he'll always be a legend, but he seems to love conflict

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I think its crass and idiotioc to say that "all he has to do is call us". Another public declaration that its all down to Ireland makes it more likely that this will never be resolved.
    He has been asked, how many more times should he be asked, once a day, once a week, every second week, every month, should we beg him , let him pick the rest of the team?, get everybody to shave their head?, get the rest of the team to write an essay on why Stephen Ireland is great

. Their job is to put the best team on the pitch and if that means finding a more subtle way round Ireland's idiosyncratic psychology then that is what they should be doing. .
    Best team not necessarily the best players

The recent media signals from his father and the Indo article reminded me of the alleged Provo message to the UK Government "THe war is over, but we need your help in ending it." I am afraid that Trapp and Brady's response was the equivalent of "just hand in all your weapons, recognise the union and fax us to tell us when you have done it." Its quite legitimate for journalists to ask questions about why our best player is not in the squad.
    The alledged Provo message was spin by the Major government after the news broke that it had been talking to the Provos for ages - it is about as beliveable as Stephen Ireland desire to play again for his country.

I dont now what is more depressing the fact that a talented player doesnt wish to play for his country or the fact that so many fans appear to want to compromise any remaining dignity that we as a footballing nation has by quite literally begging a player to play for us. - Fucck him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    I dont now what is more depressing the fact that a talented player doesnt wish to play for his country or the fact that so many fans appear to want to compromise any remaining dignity that we as a footballing nation has by quite literally begging a player to play for us. - Fucck him
    totally agree. SI started the exile so only he can finish it. if he really wanted to play all he needs to do is to make a 1 min phone call to let management know. until he does that he cant be in a squad

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post

Herein lies the problem. It's not about compromising, or sacrifing your dignity, its about being equiped with basic PR, diplomatic and problem-solving skills. It's the fact that our management appears to see this in the same simple and emotive terms as the fans that is truly depressing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    To all those who are disagreeing with the strategy- what is your alternative?

He has been asked to come back, he said he needed time. They can't keep asking him. He knows that they want him to come back, therefore it is up to him to pick up the phone.

No one is saying that he has to apologise, wear a sackcloth and ashes or the like. He has to make himself available.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Cant understand why Brady and Trap are getting sick from some people about this, in my opinion they could not have done anymore.

With Roy Keane was exiled I dont think the media attention was as bad as this and imo Keane was 100 times more important to the team than Ireland would be.

Some people are making out that Ireland would be our messiah, he's a very good player no doubt. But would he really make that much of a difference to our side, imo he is not the type of player we lack and it could be argued that he would be a luxury in our team that we might not be able to afford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The journalist said that Ireland should have been named in the squad regardless of whether he called or not. That is what Brady reacted to and he was dead right. He said to him, have some pride in your country. Tony O D in my opinion wrongly reported that on the news as Brady saying to Ireland have some pride in your country. But it was to the journalist he said it as far as I could see.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Herein lies the problem. It's not about compromising, or sacrifing your dignity, its about being equiped with basic PR, diplomatic and problem-solving skills. It's the fact that our management appears to see this in the same simple and emotive terms as the fans that is truly depressing.
    TP no offence that sounds like bull**** management speak that David Brent would come out with -please provide concrete proposals for an alternative strategy.

send him a card every day -

'Thinking of you' ,
    ' wish you were here'
    'hope your feeling better'

I for one hope he never pulls on a green jersey again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    To all those who are disagreeing with the strategy- what is your alternative?

He has been asked to come back, he said he needed time. They can't keep asking him. He knows that they want him to come back, therefore it is up to him to pick up the phone.

No one is saying that he has to apologise, wear a sackcloth and ashes or the like. He has to make himself available.

Couldn't have put it better myself Maribor.

Off course, i would rather see him in the team but as he does wish to make himself available for the squad, we move on without him.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Just saw that on Sky news, it was not clear what the journo was asking but
    Brady was just making it clear that it was agreed S Ireland would contact them and he has not, so whatever the twit was asking was rather pointless,
    he wanted to talk about the squad named and quite rightly so.
    No problems with brady on that whatsoever.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Just saw that on Sky news, it was not clear what the journo was asking but
    Brady was just making it clear that it was agreed S Ireland would contact them and he has not, so whatever the twit was asking was rather pointless,
    he wanted to talk about the squad named and quite rightly so.
    No problems with brady on that whatsoever.
    Liam Brady was right on this, its the players that want to play that are important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast