Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: If you were an international scout who would you recommend

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you were an international scout who would you recommend

A few months ago in another thread some people were speaking about players who are not getting a look in at international level and that maybe a thread should be started about is so here goes.
    The player in question in that thread was Ruth Fahy, which i agree with. i also think Kariena Richards, ok she got into the squad about 5 years ago and played in two games but not been seen since. For the last four years she's been in the starting line up for Hofstra University, the same college as Marie Curtin and Edel Malone, who are rightly starters for ireland, yet Kariena hasnt been in an irish squad.
    Up to a couple of months ago i would also have said Selina Moylan but she recently recieved a cap i hope she will get many more. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lynsey McKee that plays for Lifford I believe should have got a better shout for U19s....she had trials I believe but didn't get the call. She represented at 17s level, v quick feet and clever player. Always good for goals.

Not sure about Kariena, think she is a good player but can be over rated at times, never thought she was exceptionally good but then again I only witnessed her a few times! Felt players on pitch feared that she was 'Kariena Richards' and gave her way too much respect if that makes sense, she has that dominant aura on the field as well like she owns the place and I think that adds to her.

Haven't seen Marie in awhile either, when she was home from America bout 2 seasons ago for a bit she played against us with Lifford and we had her in our pocket think the game ended up 1-1. V strong player tho they def build them well in States. Def would put her in Senior team again and surprised she wasn't there for the qualifiers.

Can't really think of anyone else right now bar Ruth Fahy who you mentioned already. Haven't seen much soccer from around the country lately or during the Summer either so couldn't really advise anyone else......

Where did Susan Donovan ever end up actually? Haven't heard anything about her in years at this rate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What about Mary Waldron from St Francis, In my opinion defo a player who stands out. Also Patrice Kearney, know she played underage for a bit but nothing came of it, A really strong defender and great tackler of the ball.
    Agree about Lynsey and Ruth both players who really deserve a chance, both players a joy to watch.
    About Kariena, I think before she was a bit overrated and was given too much respect cause she'd played for Ireland and was in America playing. But now defo think her years in America have given her brillant experience and moulded her into a brillant player and maybe Noel King should be looking at her once again.
    "Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations".

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just on Marie and Susan. Marie played most of the qualifiers and missed the play off I think its fair to say she is a current international despite mising the play off.
    Susan is at Quinnipac University in the states, starts most games I believe although they were hoping for a more successful season last season

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The squad for the reading game has been announced and none of the players ye mentioned are in it. But I seems to be made up of players playing in england and Ireland so that rules out Selina, Kariena and susan. But not the other players you mentioned Mary Waldron, Lyndsey Mckee, Patrice Kearney and Ruth Fahy.
    What about Amanda Parkes? I think she is class and a friendly like this is perfect time to bring her in, as it is for all players mentioned. Also there is a forward with Mayo and I cant think of her name right now but she reminded me of O'Toole in the way she played, very quick around the box, any mistake or hesitation at the back and she'd punish it.
    There is another player with Wilton too who plays in midfield with Parkes, I'll find out what her name is.
    There is another player in Cork called Lori Harte she is class, shes small but has so much control on the ball and plays some excellent passes, the only prob with her is i've heard she's played for the USA but that might only be a rumour.
    Is there any players in limerick, Leinster, Ulster?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree about Amanda woulda been the perfect time to try bring her into the senior squad and see how she gets on, brill player with great control and skill and also a wicked finish from distance, she still involved with the under 19's so hopefully in time will make the step.
    Just about Lori shes an ex mexican international. What about Cora Staunton know her commitment is to GAA but also a brill soccer player, She seems to run the show for Kiltimagh Knock in centre midfield.
    Think the other Wilton player your referring to is Sinead Forde, have heard she has played at international level not sure what age tho. Another brill player links up well with Amanda, great tackler of the ball also.
    "Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations".

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkrebel View Post
    The squad for the reading game has been announced and none of the players ye mentioned are in it. But I seems to be made up of players playing in england and Ireland....

....What about Amanda Parkes?
    No, Michelle O’Brien and Mary Therese McDonnell are based in the states.

Amanda played less than 75mins for the u19s in the three matches in the last UEFA qualifers, so I don't see why she would be chosen over others. If she was senior international standard then surely she would be starting every match for the u19s.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with you Chick about Parkes, needs to get a lil bit more experience before going up the ranks. Good player but there is more players with more experience so she needs a bit more time...

I think the player from Mayo that was mentioned earlier is Emma Mullin when she is fit she is good...put 7 past a Limerick selection 4 years ago and the same Mayo side had Aoife Herbert on it the U19 striker at d time and she got none!! If not her then you could be on about Fiona Mchale, plays football for Mayo really quick as well but not a striker as far as I know. As for for Cora Staunton, she is pure strength and power no real skill as such. A rope is required to stop her...believe me!

I have heard about Lori Harte, she plays for Douglas doesn't she? Sounds like she is v handy.

In Limerick there ain't many players to comment on. Dominated by Lifford and Annacotty every year and many of them have seen caps already. Lifford have quite a good number of players coming up expected for caps especially this one girl that plays camogie with Limerick extremely talented, Saoirse ?? Lisa Toohey and Lorna O' Connell maybe should have got more of shout in the Annacotty team. Ellen Butler of Mungret is talented as well but won't get seen with them!!!