Thread: Fund Raiser Ideas????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fund Raiser Ideas????

Hi all,

I am a member of a Small Soccer Club in Ireland, financially at the moment, the club is struggling to keep the costs up of running a club so we have set up a Financial Committee and are hoping to run 2 or 3 good Fund Raisers this year to make ends meet.

Would anyone like to share any previous ideas that there club have organised which has benefited there club???

Many thanks and am looking forward to many reply's to help us out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A Race night can be a nice little earner imo. Althought depends how much you need to come up with !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    If you have an LOI club in your area contact them as they may be willing to work with you on a partnership fundraiser. This way both clubs benefit and there is less work for everyone.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    If you haven't got a club lotto scheme in place then I'd suggest you have a look at the helpourclub site.
    This isn't a plug by the way, I've no affilation with this lot but WUFC do use it and find it great.
    Also a host of junior league and GAA clubs involved so it should be something that you could use.
    Steady stream of income to complement your one-off big fundraisers.
    Last edited by stann; 14/01/2009 at 8:50 AM.
    more bass

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Contacting your local LOI club may be an idea, they may have something more or less ready made that you can sell on commission without having get prizes or anything.

For example at the moment Harps are running a draw for an Apartment/Cash Prize and junior clubs are invited to become involved if they want to sell tickets on commission.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Yeah we have something similar down here, but it's actually run by a junior league club (and not one of the bigger ones at that) called Seaview Celtic.
    Practically all the junior league clubs in the area and WUFC sell tickets 'cos the draw is so big (3 cars, huge cash prizes etc.. etc..), and all on a 'keep half the cash' basis, and with zero administration costs. Definitely worth looking at JP.
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    Hi all,

I am a member of a Small Soccer Club in Ireland, financially at the moment, the club is struggling to keep the costs up of running a club so we have set up a Financial Committee and are hoping to run 2 or 3 good Fund Raisers this year to make ends meet.

Would anyone like to share any previous ideas that there club have organised which has benefited there club???

Is that you Nick?
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    If you haven't got a club lotto scheme in place then I'd suggest you have a look at the helpourclub site.
    Yeah, City used to use that as well afaik. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    A Race night can be a nice little earner imo. Althought depends how much you need to come up with !
    If you pre sell races, horse, advert space in race book and action one of two races its a great little earner, but you need to get people into the bar. Ask a band to play for free to improve the night etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    If you have an LOI club in your area contact them as they may be willing to work with you on a partnership fundraiser. This way both clubs benefit and there is less work for everyone.
    Yeah, and maybe sell LOI club tickets to your members, something like €10 from the club and you sell for €15, keeping the €5 from each ticket. Over time this is great for both clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    Practically all the junior league clubs in the area and WUFC sell tickets 'cos the draw is so big (3 cars, huge cash prizes etc.. etc..), and all on a 'keep half the cash' basis, and with zero administration costs. Definitely worth looking at JP.
    This is a great idea.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Sell your ground twice to two different people, and then use the proceeds to bank-roll you until the proverbial penny drops.

Seems to work in some parts of the country....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    Hi all,

We did a calendar which netted us around 5000.In saying that our costs were low as 1 of the players is a photographer and an ex-player is a graphic designer so he put it together for free.
    Last edited by A face; 14/01/2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey people, there are lots of proven ways clubs can make money over the long term as opposed to short term spurts of income. Anyone genuinely interested PM me.

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Killer (also called Last Man Standing) is a way of raising funds.

I do Killer to raise money for the DCFC Dublin SC and I've entered other killers for different SC's and clubs. General theme would be
    • Start with 1 or 2 life's
    • €10 entry fee
    • Run it in eith the English Premiership or the League Of Ireland
    • Each week you pick a team, if they don't win, you lose a life
    • You can't pick the same team until you selected all teams in the league
    • Last person with a life wins the pot
    • You decide on the split for Soccer Club / Winners Pot
    • I have found the lower the split going to the SC the more enter and in the long run more going to the SC

Of course, this is a weekly thing that needs updating, and needs deadlines, so sometimes it does suit
    Derry City FC Dublin Supporters Club

http://dcfcdsc.blogspot.com/ - Dublin Supporters Club Blog

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thanks for all the great ideas, we actually have a CAMEL race night coming up shortly and one of the players have started organising...wait for it.... a Nintendo Wii Boxing Night in one of our locals, at first i thought it was a silly idea but he already has 35 names in at 20 Euro a pop. Recession???? - What Recession!!!!

RandomComment, i received your message and would be interested to hear more so Pm me. Thanks