First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs up Players Press Release

Cobh Ramblers Players Pledge Support To Club

4-1-09

Following a meeting between the players of Cobh Ramblers and the clubs Management Committee (2-4-09), the players have re-affirmed their support for the committee’s efforts to secure League of Ireland football at Saint Colman’s Park in 2009, and to put the club back on a sound financial footing once more.

A player’s spokesman stated after the meeting, “We are 100% behind the Management Committee and the FAI rescue proposal. It is the only way forward to keep League of Ireland football at St. Colman’s Park. Playing football is what we are about, and we are all committed to playing for Cobh Ramblers. We further believe that through the clubs efforts to secure this FAI deal, our team and club will come back stronger in the next season. We as players will do all in our power to ensure our club is granted a League of Ireland licence from the FAI for the coming season.”

The members of Cobh Ramblers Club will have an opportunity to vote on the FAI rescue proposal at an Emergency General Meeting at the club on Sunday 11th January.
    The Management Committee and Players are urging all club members to attend the EGM and to vote to keep League of Ireland Football at St Colman’s Park.

Angela McCarthy: Press Officer
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    in, vote, out,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Thats a crock of **** lads by the club! "A player’s spokesman stated after the meeting" why no name to give the statement some credability? The only name on it is the club PRO Angela McCarthy! Is this a second vote, like the Lisbon treaty if you dont like it we'll go back and do it again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Thats a crock of **** lads by the club! "A player’s spokesman stated after the meeting" why no name to give the statement some credability? The only name on it is the club PRO Angela McCarthy! Is this a second vote, like the Lisbon treaty if you dont like it we'll go back and do it again?
    sort of, this is the vote that should have been taken first day,

do you wanna do this or do you wanna do that,

some people didnt seem to understand what was being asked 42 of 120 people said they didnt want financial controls, theres deffinately a misunderstanding if a third of members dont want financial controls implemented in the club,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    **** off limerick boy your not needed here, i agree though their should be players names to it, i know the players who are supporting it and one especially more than others would win every fan over cant believe he wasnt named!! What he hiding for, i was told he wanted to even attend the meeting next week!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    **** off limerick boy your not needed here, i agree though their should be players names to it, i know the players who are supporting it and one especially more than others would win every fan over cant believe he wasnt named!! What he hiding for, i was told he wanted to even attend the meeting next week!!
    I understand this is a touchy supbect for you young man but my point im trying to get across is that its a players statement so players should have put their names to it. By you saying that your shocked?? that a player hasnt put his name to it and thats exactly my point. The reason that there is no name on it is that if the deal goes south, then his name doesnt wanna go with it.

I too hope Cobh survive, i love our trips down their and our collapses in the last ten mins or so. But like throwing good money after bad at Hoey in Drogs, why save the clown? Why not get your ceo to absolve the dept he got the club into and not the club absolving it??