Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booing

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Booing

Do I take it that someone has already been on to UEFA to protest against the racist and sectarian booing last night?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why because the Irish Man U fans booed all the Rangers team becasue they play for Rangers?

I also noted the commenatry on Sky mentioned something about Keane being irish? That a new one on me.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Neil

Yeah

I can understand the Rangers fans booing John O'Shea for being Irish but why were they booing Roy Keane?????

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    You guys, you're all so funny.....

W@nkers.

[SIZE=1]and not for the opinion on Keane, just for attempting to start this topic yet again[/SIZE]
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It would be a bit harder for UEFA because it was a club match and the Rangers fans were booing all the Utd players (though they reserved their loudest boos for Keane, O'Shea and Ferdinand).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by S.E.P.1990
    It would be a bit harder for UEFA because it was a club match and the Rangers fans were booing all the Utd players (though they reserved their loudest boos for Keane, O'Shea and Ferdinand).
    Next we'll have those ok2boo muppets giving low boos to all opposing players & bigger ones for the Glasgow Rangers players...

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is it harder for UEFA? It was a UEFA Champions League fixture. The worst of the booing was because of the nationality and creed of certain players. Seems like racism and sectarianism to me.

Where have all the Irish Times letter writers disappeared to?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Seems like racism and sectarianism to me.

The difficulty is this:

at Ireland matches players from Georgia, Denmark etc are obviously booed for being Rangers players. At the Rangers game its not as obvious because all the team were booed.

I dont think ur racist remark (which i assume covers Rio's booing) is wide of the mark, i think it is more to do with recent non-drug testing activities!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Booing

Originally posted by Conor74
    ..... who cares.
    I care. We should all care.

Racism and sectarianism should be challenged wherever it occurs. It doesn't matter whether it happens in Slovakia, Istanbul, the Stadio Olympico in Rome, or in Ibrox.

We are all Europeans now - insular attitudes should be a thing of the past.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems like racism and sectarianism to me.

The difficulty is this:

at Ireland matches players from Georgia, Denmark etc are obviously booed for being Rangers players. At the Rangers game its not as obvious because all the team were booed.
    I agree with the first statement. Not so sure about your second - seemed to me like some Man U players were being singled out because of their nationality/religion.

I dont think ur racist remark (which i assume covers Rio's booing) is wide of the mark, i think it is more to do with recent non-drug testing activities!
    I hope thats just clumsy phrasing and that you are not accusing me of making a racist remark.

In any case - no I was not making any reference to Rio. The sectariam and racist chants were being directed, in particular, at a certain other Man U player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Booing

Of course it should be challenged, but on a football board?
    This is a board about Irish football, club or country.
    With respect, I carefully chose this forum for the post, i.e. "General Football".

If, on the other hand, you are just one of those Celtic clowns who think it's ok2boo, then you really shouldn't use issues like racism to score cheap points on a football site.
    So, you'd like to ban people who support a particular football team from posting on certain topics? Very peculiar.

By the way (and not that it matters), I am not a Celtic supporter.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wink Re: Re: Booing

Who gives a damn about what Rangers fans do and don't do? I couldn't care less about Rangers fans booing, or Celtic fans for that matter at some club game. Go on the Rangers board if you want to complain, who cares.
    Exactly.

...if the government here put up taxes 20%, you'd wet your pants and complain.
    Some inside info on the upcoming budget?
    Last edited by pete; 24/10/2003 at 4:16 PM.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Booing

Becaue it sure looks to me like you're just another Celtic fan drawing the wrong conclusions.
    My posts are pretty brief so how come you seem to have missed me saying that I am not a Celtic fan?

There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why was Rio Ferdinand particularly subject to abuse on Wednesday?I don't think it was racism cos there was no problem when Fortune or Silvestre was on the ball.

Probably something sad along the lines of Jaap Stam (for leaving Man Yoo?)or Luis Figo (for,well being a good player) being booed at Lansdowne
    <insert witty remark>

Lionel Hutz
    This thread pretty much sums up these forums for me to be honest!

No wonder the general public at large have no interest in League of Ireland football, who in their right mind would seriously want to be on the same terraces as the mob that post here (there are some exceptions of course)

Very sad but not unexpected Im afraid!

Lionel Hutz
    Yeah, they flock to GAA matches for the witty urbane sophisticated terrace talk about the burning issues of the day.

I reckon there'll be a big crowd at Arsenal Charlton today - could everyone be looking forward to the well known cockney love of discussing quantum physics and socio-political theory?

You, like the rest of the mob that posted on this thread are a disgrace!

If even a small portion of those that booed on wednesday night did so on secterian or racist grounds then it should have been condemned without reservation on this thread!

There can be no excuses for secterianism or racism in sports, on this thread people have made excuses.....................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .......................................

Originally posted by Lionel Hutz
    If even a small portion of those that booed on wednesday night did so on secterian or racist grounds then it should have been condemned without reservation on this thread!

There can be no excuses for secterianism or racism in sports, on this thread people have made excuses.....................
    I can believe you posted something i agree with. This, i find quite remarkable as you normally come out with complete and utter twaddle altogether. Maybe there is hope for you yet.

Although ........
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Lionel Hutz
    It must be vary hard to be such a noble campaigner against all the injustices in the world and still get time to follow Celtic and post trivia on a football board.

Is it cold up there on the high moral ground? Sorry, silly question, you must rush back to the Amnesty board I know...

That I could have as pure a soul as the average Celtic fan. No, not the ones making aeroplane gestures after September 11th, nor the ones who welcomed Mark Walkers with gorilla suits and bananas (which some Celtic fans incredibly still deny happened, while others who were at the game both remember and condemn it), but the other ones...
    You really are doing yourself no favours on this thread (btw your not the only one by any means)

If you ever bothered to read my posts on this forum you will note that I have never claimed that Celtic do not have a mob of clowns that follow them I have simply stated that you should not tar us all with the same brush!

Unfortunately yet again you still refuse to condemn outright, the behavour of a minority at last wednesday nights game in ibrox instead choosing to launch another attack on Celtic fans!

In any future threads regarding the behavoir of Celtic fans by anyone who posted on this thread I shall simply post a link to this thread and tell whoever it is to shut the **** up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Conor, attack the post, not the poster. That goes for all of you. Personal attacks just show you all up as weak debaters.

adam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Adam/Vet: well said.

Conor: er, he did say "that goes for all of you"...

I'll bet the new wife of the football reporter on Longford's newspaper wasn't too popular yesterday. She took him off on honeymoon to Rome, missing the Cup Final
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast