Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our away support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Our away support

I think last night proved, once and for all, that we have by far the best away support in the league.
    We had 150 people standing and chanting plus at least another 50 sitting down around the place.
    We had more colour than I've seen from any other sets of fans... the big waveys, the banners, the big jersey etc.
    We made more noise than I've heard from any other clubs away support. This was reflected in Mark McCadden's match report in todays Star, it reads "the impressively vocal Cork fans".

No doubt, despite all the evidence, we'll still have a few deluded Dubs trying to convince us that their support is as good or better.

The away support is getting better and better all the time. Credit to Ian for running the buses and also to all those who are driving to the games. It's not easy having to travel as regularly as we do. Long may it continue.

REBEL ARMY.
    Champions!

Neil
    I think number wise City's away support is just about equal to the average you get from the likes of Bohs, Pats, Shams, etc. but what makes it more impressive is that City fans have to go to Dublin to away games at least once/usually twice a month, whereas the Dub club fans only have Cork, Waterford and Derry as "real" away trips in a season.

It's hilarious over on the Shams message board... They were discussing why there is always such a poor "travelling" Shams support at UCD "away" games.... One fella put's it down to the fact that
    "Befield is not that easy to get to i suppose"

Try getting there from Cork. And try getting to Dublin for games every other week.

I dunno.
    Last edited by Neil; 01/11/2003 at 2:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Great show by the city fans last night alright.
    I thought there was slightly more than 150 about, good few sitting down about the place.
    I'm still finding confetti (i wonder do Bohs pay their bin charges?? )

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great support from city fans, great colour noise craic etc but the result was ****e.Bohs support was terrible though for second in the league playing an attractive home match i would think.I suppose most of them were setting off the fireworks in the background

Somehow a load of that confetti made its way into my cast and i have been scratching it with a ruler all day

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yeah well done to all involved. bohs support was really pathetic- big club my ********

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great atmosphere in the city crowd on friday nite...good laugh.....that confetti is still showing up everywhere

well sound of Bohs to agree to delay the kick off.....that was some long journey up.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was that the reason ko was delayed??
    City's away support has been second to
    none this season, even compared to
    last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by niamh
    Was that the reason ko was delayed??.
    talk to ian

thecorner
    Originally posted by niamh
    Was that the reason ko was delayed??
    bad crash on the road
    the bus wouldnt have made kick off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by thecorner
    bad crash on the road
    Along with a major road works and a broken down truck. All of that on top of the usual friday evening traffic. It took us nearly 6 hours to get to Dublin!

Fair play to Pat Dolan for getting the kick off delayed for us.
    Champions!

thecorner
    Originally posted by Colm
    Along with a major road works and a broken down truck. All of that on top of the usual friday evening traffic. It took us nearly 6 hours to get to Dublin!

Fair play to Pat Dolan for getting the kick off delayed for us.
    barely had the time to finish my pint in urlingford

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah kewl and fair dues to Bohs then.
    They're not as bad as you all non-Dublin
    living people think you know!!

- Dubs that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is it you lot are the only ones who whinge about having to go a distance to support your team? Derry, Longford and Waterford fans all seem to be able to travel to away matches without having perpetual hissy fits.

Posted this earlier on the Bohs MB:

As a football fan, you have two potential scenarios of a Friday:

1. Crawl across town on a muggy Dublin Bus doubledecker with that weird boiled celery smell when the narky cúnt of a driver turns on the heater, the windows all steamed up and the combined condensation from seventy-six fetid lumps of soggy humanity coagulating into an oily puddle just where you'd naturally lean your elbow (and that's if you're lucky enough to get a seat), lurching a couple of feet every ten minutes 'cos some ignorant culchie fúcker has parked in the bus lane, stuck in Friday rush-hour traffic for so long that you could've walked there quicker but because you're trapped in this cattlecar your bladder becomes the only thing in the whole universe occupying your attention and you've to cross your legs so hard the only way you're ever gonna p1ss again is by Caesarean section, and you STILL only get to the ground ten minutes after kick-off and too late for a pint.

Or...

2. Sit on a spacious, comfortable, air-conditioned luxury coach with video, on-board toilet, cans, dancing girls, the works, for a gentle cruise up the motorway against the traffic.

Yeah, away matches are rough on Cork fans.
    Revenge for 2002

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
    dancing girls
    Tis no wonder ye were late so.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Doc - you missed the third alternative which is hop a maxi, get hit by the same jams as the bus, but be charged more than a return coach up from Longford to get a few miles across the city.......
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    All these arguements are ridiculous.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Crawl across town on a muggy Dublin Bus doubledecker with that weird boiled celery smell when the narky cúnt of a driver turns on the heater, the windows all steamed up and the combined condensation from seventy-six fetid lumps of soggy humanity coagulating into an oily puddle just where you'd naturally lean your elbow (and that's if you're lucky enough to get a seat), lurching a couple of feet every ten minutes 'cos some ignorant culchie fúcker has parked in the bus lane, stuck in Friday rush-hour traffic for so long that you could've walked there quicker but because you're trapped in this cattlecar your bladder becomes the only thing in the whole universe occupying your attention and you've to cross your legs so hard the only way you're ever gonna p1ss again is by Caesarean section, and you STILL only get to the ground ten minutes after kick-off and too late for a pint.

Or...

2. Sit on a spacious, comfortable, air-conditioned luxury coach with video, on-board toilet, cans, dancing girls, the works, for a gentle cruise up the motorway against the traffic.

Lets see number one takes 50 minutes and costs €1.40

Number two takes 5/6 hours and costs €30.

I suppose the dancing girls do make the trip seem shorter.
    Oh no not them again

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is it you lot are the only ones who whinge about having to go a distance to support your team? Derry, Longford and Waterford fans all seem to be able to travel to away matches without having perpetual hissy fits.

Or...

Well maybe we complain because we're the only ones who have our away support criticised. And what's more it's being criticised by part time muppet supporters whose club's away support looks **** compared to ours.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by ccfc till i die
    Well maybe we complain because we're the only ones who have our away support criticised. And what's more it's being criticised by part time muppet supporters whose club's away support looks **** compared to ours.
    The only reason your away support is criticised is because you start threads like this!!!! If you'd just shut up and get on with it you'd end up getting credit when it's due and far less sh!t the rest of the time.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm getting sick and tired of the bitching between City fans and other clubs on here so if this thread goes down the road of previous ones it will be locked
    Last edited by joe; 04/11/2003 at 1:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast