Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Naughton

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Kyle Naughton

KYLE Naughton could find himself at the centre of an international tug-of-war after Sheffield United revealed that England and the Republic of Ireland have inquired about his availability.

Representatives from the FA and FAI contacted manager Kevin Blackwell after it emerged the teenager, who has only made 11 senior appearances for the South Yorkshire club, is eligible for both countries through family descent.

Full article here.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He certainly seems to be getting serious attention from serious people... but they've put a media blackout on him... no interviews. So we'll have to wait until squads are announced I guess.

They're comparing him to Ashley Cole... but Wiki says' he's right sided. Says he can also play right-mid. We could certainly use a quality young player at right back.

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    He played in the recent Sheffield derby. Didn't notice him but that was before I heard of the possible Irish connection. Played fullback I think. Have the game taped so might review it.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musicinmouth View Post
    Representatives from the FA and FAI contacted manager Kevin Blackwell after it emerged the teenager, who has only made 11 senior appearances for the South Yorkshire club, is eligible for both countries through family descent.
    I was wondering why I'd heard of his name so much. He was at Gretna last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Got in the championship team of the week in the News of the World.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This young guy is a real talent & many blades liken him to a young Ashley Cole(although he's a right back) in that he has great pace in attack can put in a great cross but unlike Cole is a very assured defender. Also Man City have been tracking him for weeks & now Villa also. Expecting a £5-6million bid in January for him.

The only thing going against him playing for Eire is the way every Irish player for the past 5 or so years at Sheff Utd is treated by the Irish management - S Quinn in particular & also the fact I'm pretty certain he has been in a number of English underage teams/squads.

Owlsfan your bound to have noticed him as he was the player elbowed in the face that the ref only gave a yellow for.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I seen this lad in flesh when i was at Hillsborough for the steel city derby, Any blades fans out there want to tell me the final score again?

Any way back to Naughton, he wasnt that bad going forward, but got roasted a few times by JJ who isnt the best player you will ever come across. Good prospect though. "Modern full back" i think they call it these days!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyspurr View Post
    I seen this lad in flesh when i was at Hillsborough for the steel city derby, Any blades fans out there want to tell me the final score again?

Any way back to Naughton, he wasnt that bad going forward, but got roasted a few times by JJ who isnt the best player you will ever come across. Good prospect though. "Modern full back" i think they call it these days!
    How can you name yourself after one of the worst Wednesday players ever to play at fullback?

Roasted is an exaggeration. JJ is very pacey and I thought Naughton did a reasonable job on him.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I hazard a guess that the old chant "There's only one........(insert player name)...." will rise again in popularity among Ireland fans.

There's only one Caleb Folan. There's only one Kyle Naughton.

Too F*cking right there is!!!
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Caleb & Kyle

2 very irish names.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Caleb & Kyle

2 very irish names.
    Jackie Kyle - famous Irish rugby player of days gone by.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Caleb & Kyle

2 very irish names.
    Good Irish surnames though
    JERRY: But are you still master of your domain?
    GEORGE: I am king of the county. You?
    JERRY: Lord of the manor.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "How can you name yourself after one of the worst Wednesday players ever to play at fullback? "

I dont know when the last time you watched Wednesday play or bother travelling to Hillsborough but Tommy has been by far the best player in a Wednesday shirt for a while now. They guy plays his heart out for Wednesday unlike alot of the players(Tudgay,JJ,Burton,) to be honest the list is endless. Tommy is only 20 and he plays out of position!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "How can you name yourself after one of the worst Wednesday players ever to play at fullback? "

I dont know when the last time you watched Wednesday play or bother travelling to Hillsborough but Tommy has been by far the best player in a Wednesday shirt for a while now. They guy plays his heart out for Wednesday unlike alot of the players(Tudgay,JJ,Burton,) to be honest the list is endless. Tommy is only 20 and he plays out of position!

"JJ is very pacey and I thought Naughton did a reasonable job on him"

JJ is a waste of space. One in five he will play well, be subbed and throw a hissy and kick a water bottle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For a lad who wasn't that bad at going forward how come some EPL teams are preparing a £6-7million bid(the price seems to be going up by the day)for him which is probably enough to buy Sad.Wed & 1 or 2 half decent championship players from Barnsley.

And yes you may have won 1 match but where are you now in the league????????

Anyway he's declared for england(u21's) now so thats the end of that

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The reason he is €6 million is because he is english, If Eoin Garvan was English he would have been snapped up by a "big" premier league team for about the same value. Garvan will be bought by a "mid" table team for about €3 mil.

Ah we will get back up there when the take over goes through

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philliyk View Post
    For a lad who wasn't that bad at going forward how come some EPL teams are preparing a £6-7million bid(the price seems to be going up by the day)for him which is probably enough to buy Sad.Wed & 1 or 2 half decent championship players from Barnsley.

And yes you may have won 1 match but where are you now in the league????????

Anyway he's declared for england(u21's) now so thats the end of that

Where does it stat he declared for England????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    The reason he is €6 million is because he is english, If Eoin Garvan was English he would have been snapped up by a "big" premier league team for about the same value. Garvan will be bought by a "mid" table team for about €3 mil.
    I've not seen any reluctance on the part of big premiership teams to invest heavily in foreigners. It's simply not the case.

If Garvan did not have a spell unwell he may well have been bought for 6m, and I'm talking sterling not even euros, but his development was badly curtailed. Keane being Irish did not prevent Man U breaking the transfer record. If you think teams consider a players nationality in the evaluation you are way way off the mark.

His name is Owen I believe.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you think teams consider a players nationality in the evaluation you are way way off the mark.
    They do when it comes to an english player! Darren bent anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Does anyone know exactly what Irish ancestry Naughton has?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast