Thanked in
    5 Posts

Rovers say thank you to fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Now the club must not be stupid.
    Just because the debts may have cleared by the end of the season, a huge cut in the budget is needed for next year. Huge.
    With the current financial mess the first thing people will do is cut luxeries from their lives such as entertainment eg. going to matches. So they must not expect as much turning out for games as they did this year. Also fundraising will be down and expenses up & sponsorship way down! Also new tax budget will mean higher tax bill. all meaning a huge cut will be needed.
    They must not be stupid or ambitious. Because the people of Sligo WILL NOT bail them out next year if this happens again.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good post, inside man but you have to admit the way the league is shaping up for next year it will be tempting to give it a lash, I'd love to see us keep the present team, sign four more and challenge for honours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    ....also there was a lot of debts, ie tax, carried over from last season that still had to be paid. If you start next season on a clean slate it will give more money to work with !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Firstly, Well done to everybody with the fundraising!

Secondly, a 'BIG' how is your current financial situation? to all the people who mocked rovers when the club released its plea for funds for its debt - which subsequently was probably the smallest or one of the smallest debt levels in the league!

Thirdly, the purse strings should always be tightly controlled and there is probably not too much to be cut at the showgies but the wages paid in our league will tone down a fair bit if normal economic law applies?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    It says 'An extremely well supported syndicate draw comes up with €80,000'. I thought the syndicate figure was in the high €90s?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    With the current financial mess the first thing people will do is cut luxeries from their lives such as entertainment eg. going to matches. So they must not expect as much turning out for games as they did this year. Also fundraising will be down and expenses up & sponsorship way down!
    Don't agree with you there Inside Man.

I don't know if going to the Showground's qualifies as a luxury however, when the country was proper fcuked in decades past did this effect the attendance in the showgies? I think not!

Yes you're right, Irish football fans will not have that extra cash to ensure they take a seat at their favorite football club of choice. But this will only mean less Irish accents will be audible in the Stratford End or the Kop in the coming seasons.

League of Ireland terraces were much more densely populated during the bleak days of recession and depression and with an extra tax on flights out of Knock Airport to the UK there is less incentive to travel to Premiership games in the current climate.

This should play into the hands of the Eircom League and I imagine will bolster the attendance not just in our "luxurious" Showgrounds but across the league.

So bring back the dark days for the 70's and 80's, the tight shorts, Fago's beard, mass unemployment and winter soccer so we can all take comfort and feel safe in the knowledge that the Rovers will be taking to the field come the weekend!!!!

And with fcuk all money in our pockets and a slim possibility of European Soccer next season maybe the Showgrounds does provide some Luxury.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Rovers View Post

And with fcuk all money in our pockets and a slim possibility of European Soccer next season maybe the Showgrounds does provide some Luxury.
    ah yes O1R, you have me dreaming now.Leichtenstein next July on a warm Wednesday evening...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    ah yes O1R, you have me dreaming now.Leichtenstein next July on a warm Wednesday evening...
    UEFA Cup games are generally on Thursday's
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    UEFA Cup games are generally on Thursday's