Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 37 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ha ha, I'd struggle to bully a 4 year old. Can't speak for Razor, but he stands with all the Avondale Ultras so I'd be keeping my distance from him when it all kicks off.

View would want to improve alright but can see them going down
    Naw can't see em going down myself, they should be ok.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Dale hammer Rockmount

Well done to Avondale MSL junior team who hammered a very good Rockmount side 5-0 at Rockmount Park yesterday. Willie O'Keeffe and Sticky are doing a fine job since winning promotion last season. Gary O'Donovan with two goals. Also watched Avondale seniors defeat Corinthians on Saturday. John Cotter scored a peach of a free kick in the first minute and Michael Kearnan scored a clever second. Very scrappy match however. Corinthains are just awful. How they managed to get to the quarter finals of the FAI cup is beyond me. Former Dale player Shane Hennessy (Wanchop) played centre back He could never be classed as a defensive player. A shame to see it but they are in dire straights. It might not be too easy to come straight back up either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avondale No1 View Post
    Well done to Avondale MSL junior team who hammered a very good Rockmount side 5-0 at Rockmount Park yesterday. Willie O'Keeffe and Sticky are doing a fine job since winning promotion last season. Gary O'Donovan with two goals. Also watched Avondale seniors defeat Corinthians on Saturday. John Cotter scored a peach of a free kick in the first minute and Michael Kearnan scored a clever second. Very scrappy match however. Corinthains are just awful. How they managed to get to the quarter finals of the FAI cup is beyond me. Former Dale player Shane Hennessy (Wanchop) played centre back He could never be classed as a defensive player. A shame to see it but they are in dire straights. It might not be too easy to come straight back up either.
    Bet Jamesie was shouting and roaring at his players after they got hammered and at that rockmount were at home......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldcup View Post
    Bet Jamesie was shouting and roaring at his players after they got hammered and at that rockmount were at home......
    Wasn't too bad. Seemed to be in a state of shock in the end. I don't think Rockmount had too many complaints about thr result. It could have been more

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    No need to flush Avondale 1 out of the woodwork like the rest of the gang eh, colours nailed firmly to the mast thank God - can you tell the rest of the lurkers it ain't all that hard! The more the merrier on this thread, we surely have more looking in for Billy's Boots wit and wisdom (if he ever comes back to us)

Welcome A1, good start. Can't imagine Wanchope at the back either, things must be tough, but a good intermediate cup run is always a boost to a club.

That's some result for the Juniors, can't see Jamsie enjoying that, but like all good teams I know Mount will bounce back and win their games in hand to go back to the top.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avondale No1 View Post
    Wasn't too bad. Seemed to be in a state of shock in the end. I don't think Rockmount had too many complaints about thr result. It could have been more
    Bet he will run the ball's off them at training.Poor lad's having to listen to him week in week out Shouting...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Can't speak for Razor, but he stands with all the Avondale Ultras
    And i'm the youngest by a good 30 years

Think its Beamish Cup next weekend.
    Dale away to Ringmahon on Sunday.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount at home to Waterford united in the Munster Senior Cup at 2 o clock on Sunday.

Should be a good game.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Ringmahon 2-3 Avondale Utd
    Dale rested 6 or 7, more comfortable than the score suggests.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Morning all,

Good weekend?

Rockmount lost 2-1 aet to Waterford united in the Munster Senior cup. Led 1-0 from the 1st min to the 89th. They levelled it up on the full time whistle and then in the last mins of extra time the ref rescued them from pens by awarding a shocking pen. Duly slotted and Waterford scrape through.

Less said the better as I might face FA action if I went into a rant about the stupid, moronic, ignorant, thick, cheating, dishonest, scumbag ref and assistant ref's. So I won't have a go at the c***s, honest.
    Last edited by Clifford; 26/02/2007 at 3:17 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Munster Senior Cup quarter final
    Rockmount 1 Waterford Utd 2 (aet)

Beamish Stout Senior Cup 1st round
    College Corinthians 5 Cobh Wanderers 2 (aet);
    Ringmahon Rgs 2 Avondale Utd 3;
    Castleview 3 Mallow Utd 3 (Mallow won 4-2 on pens);
    Glasheen 1 Temple Utd 1 (Glasheen won 5-4 on pens).

Oh dear Castleview, don't suppose Billy's B will be back this week either then, come on Billy, come back to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Ringmahon 2-3 Avondale Utd
    Dale rested 6 or 7, more comfortable than the score suggests.
    Avondale should have won by a lot more in the end. Derek McCarthy would have scored only for a phantom whistler on the Ring Mahon touch line who blew when he beat the offside trap only to stop and pick the ball up thinking the ref had blown for offside. The wind also picked up in the second half and the use of the long throw by SOD allowed Ring Mahon to put presure late on. Still a good performance given that it was a changed side with many players rested with a view to the FAI cup match on Sunday.

I think we can expect a difficult game next Sunday against Cherry Orchard. But like last season we don't have anything to fear on the road. The team are going up the night before and staying in a hotel in Dublin. I'm backing the Dale to come through maybe after a replay.

No junior match last weekend. At home to Midleton this Saturday. Should take the three points on offer here.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Avondale number 1 - some info for ya on the mighty orchard..They have beaten us 3-2 at the start of the season when we were only gelling..we took them in January in their own place 2-0 and they had one shot on goal..
    Their pitch is not too bad flat but dressing room is a container which you cudnt swing a cat in and they have 2 to themselves..very sore losers when things are not going right..here's the lowdown..
    keeper - young lad like a vampire afraid of crosses.
    RF - Sullivan loves a tackle comfortable on a ball doesnt like tricky wingers
    CH - Mcnevin Good in the air not great on the deck
    CH - Sliney heavy lad reads game well not very quick though
    LF - Stephen Barry youll know him kicks off the ball will try and have one of your lads lash out very experienced loves an elbow..
    RM - Alan Mcnevin decent strong on the ball very direct
    CM - Alan Kelly wallpasser but shys away from tackles dodgy knee
    CM - O'Halloran/Ian Maher/Robbe Shields - First fella not very agile but good vision,second lad very strong in the air excellent all round,little maradona very quick feet hates a tackle though.
    LF - O'Meara - Big eared lad very direct like alan mcnevin great strike of a ball
    CF - Philip Sheppard - Small fast player scored about 25 goals already keep him quiet and you will have a great chance of winning the game.
    CF - Emmet - Tall target man good on ground and air..tough opponent.

Key to beating them you must get first goal..and get in amongst them their manager somerville will then lose the plot puch centre half up front and the shape will be lost..

Gud Luck..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    And that, as they say, is how to prepare a team about their opponents. Excellent work obwon, good luck Dale.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any more info required let me know..everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obwon View Post
    everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..
    Sticks tongue firmly into cheek, set's up joke, must resist, must resist, don't do it, gives in and does it anyway

...just like Dale down here in Cork then...ha ha.

Awaits backlash and runs for cover

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Less said the better as I might face FA action if I went into a rant about the stupid, moronic, ignorant, thick, cheating, dishonest, scumbag ref and assistant ref's. So I won't have a go at the c***s, honest.
    You're better off, it would go completely against the Rockmount ethos of being sore losers.

I'm leaving you off cos I know you don't really mean it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obwon View Post
    any more info required let me know..everybody in dublin will be willing to help cos we all hate the Orchard..
    Thanks for info obwon. That could prove to be a very useful piece of info. I can rest a little easier with that knowledge.

Looking forward to a good game of football on Sunday and hopefully the journey back to Cork will be in the celebratory style that we have become accustomed to over the past few years. Come on the Dale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awaits backlash and runs for cover[/QUOTE]

Water off a ducks back. Well used to it at this stage.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Taken in the spirit it was meant gents, I like it.

Rockmount away to Blarney this weekend at 2/2.30 on Saturday.

How do people feel the linesmen are getting on in the games since it's introduction? I'm happy enough in general, aside from last Sunday. But it seems to be helping in the league games. Obviously there will be howlers along the way, but got to be an improvement in the long run.