Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciaran Clark D Stoke City b.1989

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think it was misreported - was Clark to the best of my knowledge. Not that Sean has any reason to be so bitter months later, and it certainly doesn't make Clark a bad player, just impulsive. I'm also a bit perturbed by Sean's newfound love of Shane Duffy.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The Sunday Times feature picked him out as "one who got away from England" in their feature last week. Just gifted Spurs a second goal with a horrible misplaced pass in midfield.
    A week is a long time in....football.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    One thing we can agree on is that he's very green in more than one sense (though mercifully not Green...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    This guy will one day make a historic last ditch, draw-preserving tackle that will alter not only the alignment of some eastern European striker's spine, but the course of Irish football itself for the duration of ten glorious summer days. Paul McGrath and Richard Dunne will tweet their own unworthiness in response.

Mark my entirely sober words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    This guy will one day make a historic last ditch, draw-preserving tackle that will alter not only the alignment of some eastern European striker's spine, but the course of Irish football itself for the duration of ten glorious summer days. Paul McGrath and Richard Dunne will tweet their own unworthiness in response.

Sober at 15:05... I doubt the veracity of this statement.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post

Are you sure that wasn't St Ledgers last ditch tackle at home against Slovakia to keep our Euro 2012 dreams alive?

Ciaran Cak will spend most of his time getting sent off and caught hopelessly out of position judging by what ive seen of him over the past few seasons.

Most Villa fans are now seeing beyond the hype and realising how poor this England reject is.

Same as we Irish are with James McClean.

I'd have Macca ahead of Clark any day.

In Trap we must trust!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't St Ledgers last ditch tackle at home against Slovakia to keep our Euro 2012 dreams alive?

Ciaran Cak will spend most of his time getting sent off and caught hopelessly out of position judging by what ive seen of him over the past few seasons.

Most Villa fans are now seeing beyond the hype and realising how poor this England reject is.

In Trap we must trust!
    We've come to expect magnificence from Sledge. He is afterall, a man who made an entire European Championship Ireland GF column his bi**h.

Currently, there are murmurs (not to mention the cruel, name-based satire) emanating from the jury room regarding Ciaran. Who, it should be said, could only be described as an 'England reject' in disingenuous terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

In Trap we must trust!
    At least Clark is in a good position to improve, playing against international-class strikers every week, when every error will be punished. He's been hot and cold, but so was Richard Dunne at 23. Recent impressive games against Arsenal and Liverpool, and being given the captaincy for a few games, suggest that he's got the tools, and he could thrive in a better team than Villa.

Until St. Ledger shows good club form at a higher level than the Championship, there will always be a question mark over his ability to perform consistently. He's played well for Ireland, but one would fear that he's being carried by those around him (esp. Dunne), and is, in fact, a disaster waiting to happen. Is he a Kenny Cunningham or a Darren O'Dea? We just don't know.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post
    At least Clark is in a good position to improve, playing against international-class strikers every week, when every error will be punished. He's been hot and cold, but so was Richard Dunne at 23. Recent impressive games against Arsenal and Liverpool, and being given the captaincy for a few games, suggest that he's got the tools, and he could thrive in a better team than Villa.

Until St. Ledger shows good club form at a higher level than the Championship, there will always be a question mark over his ability to perform consistently. He's played well for Ireland, but one would fear that he's being carried by those around him (esp. Dunne), and is, in fact, a disaster waiting to happen. Is he a Kenny Cunningham or a Darren O'Dea? We just don't know.
    It could be argued that SSL carried Dunny in the Euros.

As for higher level, SSL has never let us down at International level even scoring goals too.

SSL is very underrated and would of gone to Roma or Atalanta only for Leic to get cold feet.

Go and watch Cak at Villa, he's quickly becoming the Douglas Bader of football.

In Trap we must trust!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post

I think it's a bit unfair to describe St Ledger as a disaster waiting to happen. If that's true, he has been avoiding said disaster for an awful long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    SSL is very underrated and would of gone to Roma or Atalanta only for Leic to get cold feet.
    Roma were after St. Ledger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I think it's a bit unfair to describe St Ledger as a disaster waiting to happen. If that's true, he has been avoiding said disaster for an awful long time.
    Just a gut feeling really. I don't think we can rely long-term on a player who isn't playing a high level of football at club level. History shows we don't fare well when we have second-tier league players* in vital positions. Fair play to Sean; like David Kelly and Alan McLoughlin, he's defied the odds for a long time by being a good international despite being marooned in a second-rate league. When the likes of Duffy, Hoban and Egan are coming through, I'd prefer them to be led by a player who actually has week-in, week-out experience of marking international strikers, not just a journeyman who lifts himself to step up to that level 4 or 5 times a year.

*By 'second-tier league players', I mean players who have never played in a top league. I'm aware that the likes of Keane, Duff, and Dunne played second-tier football for a season or two, while playing well for Ireland.
    Last edited by Supreme feet; 29/12/2012 at 3:17 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Had a compo so went to Villa Park today.
    Poorest Villa team in years, certs to go down.

Ciaran Cack was poor yet again, all at sea for the goals. Funniest moment was when he got turned then tried to kick and pull the player down but kept missing him.

Sides are now targeting him as a weak link in a very weak team.

Christ knows what international sides will do to him.

Any chance we can send him back to England?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Would imagine that Lambert is on borrowed time after today. The morale of the team must be in tatters. Clark has potential but is certainly error prone. He plays in a very difficult position for a relative novice - if he had Richie beside him for the remainder of the season I am sure you would see a marked improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Ciaran Cack was poor yet again, all at sea for the goals. Funniest moment was when he got turned then tried to kick and pull the player down but kept missing him.

The first goal today was caused when Beneker failed to pick up his man for the corner. The 2nd was when Lowton was brushed aside by Kone. Boyce's goal was the only goal he was involved in. A one=two was played around Clarke and he tried to recover by hauling Boyce back.

You have huge issues with Clark. You fail to realise he is just a kid playing in the Premier League in a very inexperienced team. Where was SSL, a player I like, playing when he was 21, Peterboro in Division 2 I think. Give the kid a chance, in time he will develop to a decent international defender.
    Always look on the bright side of life

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts

I was at London Rd, around 2006, Vs Northampton maybe, but I went along to watch S.S.L., and saw you get an absolute chasing from a League 2 side containing Jason Pineapple Lee. You kept giving it back to them until they eventually scored and I remember one moment with you just stood there hands on hips looking at your boots for a very long time after yet another howler, team mates scowling at you. I doubt you have forgotten it, as it was tough to even watch.

I repeat, it was League 2 and yet, you turned out ok, not as good as you like to think you are, but decent. Give Clark a bit more of a chance.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 30/12/2012 at 3:39 AM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    For some reason Ciaran Clark is quickly becoming a favourite player of mine. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Clarks a prime example of this, he wouldnt cope playing in the Championship as would many other over rated Prem players.

It's a tough league with some good sides who could hold there own in the Prem.

This Villa side would struggle in the Championship.
    If this Villa side can't turn their current form around I think you'll be shown to be incorrect on a couple of points there. I strongly suspect this Villa side, even with the exodus that would follow relegation, would walk the championship. I also suspect Clarke would do very well in the championship never mind merely cope there. He has enough skill and lord knows enough physicallity to his game to do just fine.

As for the division itself -I'll agree it's a tough league -but that's as much to do with fixture congestion and finite resources as anything to do with quality. I can't agree about any number of teams currently in there being able to compete with any consistency in the Premier League. I suspect upwards of 90% would be dicked raw week in week out.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    what the hell were you guys talking about before? And who is Jason Pineapple Lee?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    what the hell were you guys talking about before? And who is Jason Pineapple Lee?
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast