Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 2nd / 5th June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It would be terrible for the game if the footballing public are denied a Munster showdown! Drogheda are a better side than Cork, well the pre Buckley version, so it will be some battle and others are more than capable of being pulled in to it also. I dunno, if I were a Waterford fan I think Cork are the better option, Drogheda are a beligerent lot and should be at least 6 points better off - I wouldnt be too sure of meeting them in a playoff if they do end up in that slot. It adds to Fridays game as Dundalk have flirted the dreaded relegation rut so to lose Friday and its a momentum switch.
    Dont count Sligo out of that play off spot either......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    We look like a completely different team the last few weeks. Much more solid defensively, limiting teams to mostly not great chances. Jimmy Corcoran looks much more confident than he did at the start of the season, and we're playing some really nice passing football at times. Sometimes too much and its taking getting used to as we play it out from the back.

We're still not a great team, but a month ago I thought we had 2, maybe 3 Premier Division players (Keating, O'Brien-Whitmarsh and Honohan) but now the team as a whole are holding their own.
    We're not out of it yet, and we won't keep up this form, but we're at least in the fight now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Pats 2 up in Inchicore,Derry have been diabolical….

*And then a goal back from Derry …
    Last edited by joey B; 05/06/2023 at 7:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Also... Bohs fans climbing out of the away section, to give it large to City fans in the Derrynane stand of all places, after their goal, only to concede immediately is one of the objectively funniest things to happen in the League of Ireland in years.

Seriously, the Derrynane is at best full of snarky fans who like to make mildly funny comments to away players as they take throw ins. Its a weird group to get upset at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Rovers were excelent up in Sligo and well worth the 3 nil.
    Sligos keeper kept the score down.
    If we can win our next 3 against UCD, Bohs and Derry we will be in pole position......big ask but a big oppurtunity

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Not looking forward to that trip to Tallaght in fairness...

Drogheda 1-0 up on Shels; dumps Cork back into the playoffs. Cork v Dundalk on Friday is a big game now; you'd have to have Cork as slight favourites based on recent form. That would make things even more congested in the bottom half

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Pats excellent this evening,also Jamie Lennon is a sensational DM,really good….

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Derry had the opportunity 8 days ago to put 4 points between themselves and Rovers. They've managed to do that, but not in the manner of a team professing to be going for a title. The quality of players at derry would lead me to think the problem is on the dugout not on the pitch.
    Good win for Rovers against a sligo team with lots of injuries apparently.
    On we go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Pats excellent this evening,also Jamie Lennon is a sensational DM,really good….
    Derry gave up after Pats 1st goal. We were actually the better team before that but just seemed to give up!

Well beaten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    Derry gave up after Pats 1st goal. We were actually the better team before that but just seemed to give up!

Well beaten.
    That'd fit with PCs thoughts on there being issues with management and not a lack of ability on the pitch.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Higgins under a bit of pressure now? I'd imagine he will get to the end of the season but that's a bad run of games. More injuries tonight as well.

Rovers were very comfortable against Sligo who were way off the levels they showed in Tallaght. Lot's of players missing for them and it was more like a training match for us in the end. 3 lovely goals to cap a nice weekend of maximum points with clean sheets. It slightly clears the head of last weeks games.

The turnaround in the cork/bohs game was something else. Delighted for the few gob****es who charged the seated Cork fans only to miss the winning goal going in.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    If Rovers don’t start to pull away now, they never will. No consistency from anyone else bar a resurgent Pat’s and that won’t last.

If I was Cork, I’d stay managerless. Bucko doing something right down there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Genuinely could have put about 8 past Derry tonight. Some going from the lads, especially with the worry going into it over all the defensive absentees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Pats Bohs and Dundalk all with tricky away matches next weekend, Shels could be right in the battle for Europe if they beat Sligo next week in Tolka.
    Boyd being back seemed to give them something of a goal threat, not just the one he scored but the distraction from other players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Higgins under a bit of pressure now? I'd imagine he will get to the end of the season but that's a bad run of games. More injuries tonight as well.
    Maybe from some fans, but unlikely the board.
    He has made mistakes this season and last, and probably most concerning is the consistent failure to create chances. Leaving an isolated striker up front just isn't working. We may as well not play on, as we have done in somes games this year.

On the last run of games, it's one goal in three games. Shocking stuff, and presumably that's any pretence of league challenge gone.
    Added to that, it's our biggest loss is years.
    I don't even know if Pat's were that good tonight, or if it was a case of us gifting them goals.

Worried for the Bohs match in the Brandy on Friday now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Maybe from some fans, but unlikely the board.
    He has made mistakes this season and last, and probably most concerning is the consistent failure to create chances. Leaving an isolated striker up front just isn't working. We may as well not play on, as we have done in somes games this year.

On the last run of games, it's one goal in three games. Shocking stuff, and presumably that's any pretence of league challenge gone.
    Added to that, it's our biggest loss is years.
    I don't even know if Pat's were that good tonight, or if it was a case of us gifting them goals.

Worried for the Bohs match in the Brandy on Friday now.
    Jaysus your 4 points behind with 16 games to go....i thought Rovers fans were bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Jaysus your 4 points behind with 16 games to go....i thought Rovers fans were bad
    TBF, I never thought we had any chance to begin with!
    We're definitely not as good as Shamrock Rovers, and we haven't taken advantage of any of the chances we've been given.

Rumours that Paddy McEleney has done his achilles, Dummigan his hamstring and Micky Duffy his ankle. Horrible stuff.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post

Well beaten.
    Not sure I’d agree you were the better team before we scored. Eoin Doyle had had an easy lob over Maher but put too much on it, Adam Murphy had squared when the finish was on, and I don’t remember Lyness having a single save tk make.

The real difference tonight was workrate. The effort from Pats was phenomenal and I worried they’d run out of steam in the heat but in fact they finished the stronger.

The difference in Pats since earlier in the season is remarkable. It’s partly about new players finally finding their feet at last but it’s also about better tactics, better game management and clearly better motivation. Happy days.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    TBF, I never thought we had any chance to begin with!
    We're definitely not as good as Shamrock Rovers, and we haven't taken advantage of any of the chances we've been given.

Rumours that Paddy McEleney has done his achilles, Dummigan his hamstring and Micky Duffy his ankle. Horrible stuff.
    Sounds just like a good old Dundalk injury list!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Not sure I’d agree you were the better team before we scored. Eoin Doyle had had an easy lob over Maher but put too much on it, Adam Murphy had squared when the finish was on, and I don’t remember Lyness having a single save tk make.

The real difference tonight was workrate. The effort from Pats was phenomenal and I worried they’d run out of steam in the heat but in fact they finished the stronger.

The difference in Pats since earlier in the season is remarkable. It’s partly about new players finally finding their feet at last but it’s also about better tactics, better game management and clearly better motivation. Happy days.
    Agree with all of that. I think we were the better team from the off. Especially agree about the work rate, to a man the team were phenomenal. A very satisfying night.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast