Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Junior Cup 2009/10

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Limerick lose out again.fai junior cup final moved from jackman ok to turners cross.reason given by St michaels.security reasons.thY fai shower have a lot to answer for.they should just give the trophy to St michaels cause they are doing everything in their power to help them.fai should hang their heads in shame yet again

Fairview dont want to play at Jackman Park either, it was a mutual decision by both clubs to play it at Turners Cross, no date fixed as yet, the date will be announced tomorrow

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Fairview dont want to play at Jackman Park either, it was a mutual decision by both clubs to play it at Turners Cross, no date fixed as yet, the date will be announced tomorrow
    6th June

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    switched to Turners Cross 6th June with Fairview's blessing
    Correct. Turners Cross Cork, Sunday 6th June, KO 2.30pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That's not the reason why it was moved.hopefully the mj final will not be held in Cooke park.do the clubs make the decisions nowadays.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    As the St.Michaels right full was sent off against Carrick Utd. and the game v Pike was not played does that mean he was ineligible for yesterday. I am just asking a question. I'm sure there's a simple explanation!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    As a neutral, I went to the match on Sunday hoping to see a great game, but from the first 10 mins when Town decided to try and rough up St Michaels you could tell it was going to be a poor game. The ball spent as much time out off play as in, and there was no more than 3 or 4 good passing moves in the whole game. If Town had decided to try and play football rather than worrying about getting stuck into Saints players it could have been so different. They only played for the first 15 mins of the second half when they were already 2 down and after the stupid sending off the game was over as a contest. Saints defense held because Town were so poor going forward and most first touches went 3 yards away from the players. Saints will have to improve big time to give Fairview a game in the final, but as they are representing the TSDL I wish them well and you never know on the day !!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redcardrory View Post
    thats a good question as the match against pike was void maybe some one from clonmel should look into it fast,cos if you were suspended for the first match you can't play even if you win a objection as the match was void

Game not void St Michael's awarded a 3-0 win. Minds on over time here !!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Game not void St Michael's awarded a 3-0 win. Minds on over time here !!!
    This is correct. As the appeal was upheld in St.Michaels favour the game was deemed played and suspension served. This was clarified before.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes it is the reason. Turners Cross wasnt available for the 13th June. Why are ye worried about the mj final being on in Cooke Park, shoudnt ye be worrying about playing Carrick for the moment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Yes it is the reason. Turners Cross wasnt available for the 13th June. Why are ye worried about the mj final being on in Cooke Park, shoudnt ye be worrying about playing Carrick for the moment?
    cmon the view.bring it back where it belongs.LIMERICK.by the way everyone in limerick knows why the game was moved.and the mj is on in cahir.how dare ye.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=serpico;1362008]cmon the view.bring it back where it belongs.LIMERICK.by the way everyone in limerick knows why the game was moved.and the mj is on in cahir.how dare ye.[/QUOTE

not one bit worried where it is on, may be ye wont be either after Saturday night. Why go supporting other clubs ye wouldnt normally have a good word to say about. ye have short memories, to my mind, and are very hypocritical. Town and ye'reselves havent much time for each other either if memory serves me right if ye do meet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    why not play it in the Pike field???
    sick of narcissists.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=striker 9;1362024]

we didnt want to play in jackman over pitch saints didnt want to play over the pike fiasco dis fact
    Thanks for stating why ye wanted game moved. that statement might wrap the matter.
    i said that yesterday evening and have been vilified since!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/f...s-1874394.html

23 markets priced up for the showpiece by Paddy Powers including goalscorers,great to see the Fai Junior Cup getting the respect it deserves!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AB84 View Post
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/f...s-1874394.html

23 markets priced up for the showpiece by Paddy Powers including goalscorers,great to see the Fai Junior Cup getting the respect it deserves!
    I have looked at betting and am amazed at name 'M. Fitzgerald' in St.Michaels team. I was listening to the broadcast of the game last Sunday and the commentator kept naming Fitzgerald and gave him as the scorer of Saints third goal. I enquired from St.michaels who was he and they told me he wasn't even in their panel last Sunday. He is a young fullback. When I showed the betting to St.Michaels they told me it should read 'P. Kennedy.' He scored their third goal and is one of their main strikers.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Paul Breen 18/1 and Chalkie 12/1 to be first goalscorer......and we all know how good Saints can be at set pieces

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    longshanks what club are you associated wth, you seem t have a lot of hatred for pike rovers.is there a tint of jealously there.back to topic best of luck to fairview,ye will be unbeaten when ye win it.
    Blackjack I'm invovled with the 'mighty' Ballygawley Celtic in the Sligo/Leitrim league(will be Super league next year after winning the Premier this year), I have no hatred of any team in Junior soccer, I have had no dealings with any side from Limerick bar Pike Rovers 3/4 years ago in the FAI Junior. They beat us 8-0 we were 2 down with 20 odd minutes left and we had 2 sent off, floodgates opened. The Pike players and fans all came back to our local for a few before they travelled home, indeed Serpico mentioned he remembered the trip and hotel we recommended with fondness.

As for jealousy, the majority of clubs in the Sligo/Leitrim leagues would look at all the other leagues with jealousy, particularly Limerick/Tipp etc when it comes to facilities etc, if you've ever had the privilge of playing up here you'd know what I mean. We brough Pike to play on the Sligo/Leitrim pitch in the Ray McSharry complex, I was told it isnt a patch on Pikes ground. The pitches, dressing rooms, showers leave a lot to be desired.

As for the final I would wish both teams the best of luck, but would have to admit a small bit of bias for St Micks, one of me aul footie/work buddies in Dublin from about 15yrs ago is a St Micks man.

I didnt get to read Serpicos posts hence the question
    'I can live with disappointment, its the hope I cant handle'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshanks View Post
    Blackjack I'm invovled with the 'mighty' Ballygawley Celtic in the Sligo/Leitrim league(will be Super league next year after winning the Premier this year), I have no hatred of any team in Junior soccer, I have had no dealings with any side from Limerick bar Pike Rovers 3/4 years ago in the FAI Junior. They beat us 8-0 we were 2 down with 20 odd minutes left and we had 2 sent off, floodgates opened. The Pike players and fans all came back to our local for a few before they travelled home, indeed Serpico mentioned he remembered the trip and hotel we recommended with fondness.

As for jealousy, the majority of clubs in the Sligo/Leitrim leagues would look at all the other leagues with jealousy, particularly Limerick/Tipp etc when it comes to facilities etc, if you've ever had the privilge of playing up here you'd know what I mean. We brough Pike to play on the Sligo/Leitrim pitch in the Ray McSharry complex, I was told it isnt a patch on Pikes ground. The pitches, dressing rooms, showers leave a lot to be desired.

As for the final I would wish both teams the best of luck, but would have to admit a small bit of bias for St Micks, one of me aul footie/work buddies in Dublin from about 15yrs ago is a St Micks man.

I didnt get to read Serpicos posts hence the question
    pike have a great field alright but the changing rooms and showers are useless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neverseenit View Post
    pike have a great field alright but the changing rooms and showers are useless
    pike are in the process of building new dressing rooms upstairs in their complex,and those dressing rooms that you talk about were good enough for everyone when no-one had them.im sure there was a lot of teams who came to the pike field in the cold mornings were very happy to have a nice hot shower so keep the snide remarks to yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    pike are in the process of building new dressing rooms upstairs in their complex,and those dressing rooms that you talk about were good enough for everyone when no-one had them.im sure there was a lot of teams who came to the pike field in the cold mornings were very happy to have a nice hot shower so keep the snide remarks to yourself.
    Blackjack,don't get so upset,Pike have a great pitch and nice clubhouse but he is right that the dressing rooms/showers are very bad even compared to Boro,Fairgreen and Aisling.Since when is the truth a snide remark? No need to be so defensive,take off the blinkers and sometimes agree with the truth.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast