Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenn Announces his Retirement

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Nothing can be proved that Rovers did anything unlawful. Fenn however made a verbal agreement to have his contract terminated as he was retiring. He broke this verbal agreement so Dundalk certainly have a case.
    Rovers' conduct is a separate matter. What I mean is that Fenn has basically just been transferred between two clubs, except there was no fee involved and the two clubs never agreed to it. The obvious solution is for the two clubs to reach a financial settlement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    very similar story actually Martinho, though different times and this is arguably worse. O'Brien was with Bohs in 1983, one of the best young talents in the league at the time and was tapped up by Rovers (who were taking every clubs best talents at that time so they could buy the 4 in a row) and ended up asking Billie Young to let him go so he could pursue a playing career and education in the States only to sign for Rovers just days later and ending up securing Rovers a transfer fee when he moved to Man Utd. Lots of Bohs fans were bitter towards O'Brien and Rovers about that episode.
    And what have the gypo's been doing for the last three years??

Liam was offered a chance to go to Canada at the request of Mr Giles. But after was given permission to go, he was told by giles he'd have to wait until the following season for some reason. He contacted bohs about re-signing but he asked for a signing on fee and wages , as he'd been on amatuer terms previously and bohs wouldn't or couldn't pay him what he was lookin for. Rovers did, end of.

Your constant snide comments about everything Rovers do is getting tiresome. If you spent more time investigating how your own club is run and did something about it, you'll be a happier person.

Rovers were one of three or four clubs who were contacted by Fenn or his agent, so he was goin to sign for someone this week reguardless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAJD View Post
    And what have the gypo's been doing for the last three years??

Liam was offered a chance to go to Canada at the request of Mr Giles. But after was given permission to go, he was told by giles he'd have to wait until the following season for some reason. He contacted bohs about re-signing but he asked for a signing on fee and wages , as he'd been on amatuer terms previously and bohs wouldn't or couldn't pay him what he was lookin for. Rovers did, end of.

Your constant snide comments about everything Rovers do is getting tiresome. If you spent more time investigating how your own club is run and did something about it, you'll be a happier person.

Rovers were one of three or four clubs who were contacted by Fenn or his agent, so he was goin to sign for someone this week reguardless
    im leaving this thread to the rightful indignation of Dundalk fans but if you want to take up this conversation some other place im more than willing, your account of things has more holes than swiss cheese.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Apparently Fenn is now the highest paid player in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Fenn is nothing but a snake, should get on well with O'Neill. I hope Bohs tear Rovers a new one on Sunday.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Theres no way they will get away with it, that'll be that for dignity in Irish football if they do.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    taking every clubs best talents at that time so they could buy the 4 in a row)
    Reminds me of a certain other club.
    That's football Stu, surely you can do better than that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligo23 View Post
    Apparently Fenn is now the highest paid player in the league.
    And if you read it on the internet it MUST be true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Theres no way they will get away with it, that'll be that for dignity in Irish football if they do.
    Dignity in Irish football? Is there such a thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Reminds me of a certain other club.
    That's football Stu, surely you can do better than that?
    do better than what? Im just giving the context of the transfer. Nothing more.

Im presuming the certain other club youre talking about is Longford.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    do better than what? Im just giving the context of the transfer. Nothing more.

Im presuming the certain other club youre talking about is Longford.
    and 13 mins after you announce your retirement from the thread your back,shocking behavior!oh and before I go, two of the other interested clubs were Bohs and Shligo !
    Last edited by RoversHead; 03/08/2010 at 7:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    Is anyone surprised that Bohs and Sligo fans are moaning on here more than Dundalk's? The gas thing is that they'll try to come across as all concerned about the wellbeing of the league. Total b**** as the rest of us know. If it wasn't Shamrock Rovers involved it wouldn't be the usual suspects on here having a go. It's very funny to read.
    And if wasn't Rovers doing it, you'd be moaning too.

Its poor form and shows Rovers, Dundalk and Fenn in a bad light. Which is no bad thing IMO
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Is anyone surprised that Bohs and Sligo fans are moaning on here more than Dundalk's? The gas thing is that they'll try to come across as all concerned about the wellbeing of the league. Total b**** as the rest of us know. If it wasn't Shamrock Rovers involved it wouldn't be the usual suspects on here having a go. It's very funny to read.
    The part I'm struggling with is... of all the players for Rovers to conspire with to fraudulently break a contract, why did they pick a past-it striker who wasn't even a guaranteed starter at his original club anymore?

Even by conspiracy theory standards, this one's a bit whacked.

edit: not denying that Rovers/Fenn have acted unethically though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Tar us all with the same brush why don't you again?
    I really only have an issue with how Fenn acted in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    and 13 mins after you announce your retirement from the thread your back,shocking behavior!oh and before I go, two of the other interested clubs were Bohs and Shligo !
    If I was to believe this to be true (and I doubt it as it seems a tad convenient) - So what if we were interested in him?
    Are you and Hoopy the same person?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The part I'm struggling with is... of all the players for Rovers to conspire with to fraudulently break a contract, why did they pick a past-it striker who wasn't even a guaranteed starter at his original club anymore?

Even by conspiracy theory standards, this one's a bit whacked.

edit: not denying that Rovers/Fenn have acted unethically though
    he's not really that past it - he's a multiple league and cup winner with bags of experience who tore Rovers a new arsehole in Tallaght earlier in the season.

As i said earlier, its near impossible to prove any wrongdoing by any party but this certainly has a smell of benjy about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    Very bitter Sligo and Bohs fans out there....
    And sure if Bohs did it you'd be OK about it.....

I'm not bitter about it as such. I'm not sure what the correct word is (!) but no matter who Fenn had signed for what he's done isn't right and whoever signed him can't think they could just come out of it smelling of roses either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    If I was to believe this to be true (and I doubt it as it seems a tad convenient) - So what if we were interested in him?
    its called picking 2 teams out of his head. How Bohs were looking to sign him is beyond me - we had a few trialists looking for very little that we couldnt sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    he's not really that past it - he's a multiple league and cup winner with bags of experience who tore Rovers a new arsehole in Tallaght earlier in the season.

As i said earlier, its near impossible to prove any wrongdoing by any party but this certainly has a smell of benjy about it.
    Ah he is well past his best. I think he'll do a job for Rovers because we lack creativity in the centre but he doesn't really have the legs anymore.

I'd be more concerned if O'Neill was scheming with Fenn instead of looking for a proper full back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Maybe Dundalk wanted him off payroll, we'll have our answer in the next few days...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    Very bitter Sligo and Bohs fans out there....
    call me bitter all you like, fact is that not fot the first time this season, shams have signed a player under the most dubious of circumstances. its an awful way to coduct your business, unsporting and dishonest, and leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth.

26. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast