Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: home loss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

home loss

i think utd put in a great performance until 5 mins before pats got the goal

in the first 5-10 mins pats were all over galway - but then the ship was stabilised

utd had a good few long range efforts as the half went on - pats broke a few times but were kept out - murphy broke through on goal and somehow pulled his shot wide - you dont get too many chances like that!

the second half began and UTD were dominant - point blank saves by their keeper - our own players getting in the way of shots - pats defenders blocking and not knowing anything about it

there was plenty of hard work put in - particularly by murph who was wrecked looking

then cousins constructed our downfall - first he takes off tracey and puts murph in left wing, with glynn going up front

murph was wrecked he was the one who should have been going off

within the blink of an eye - reilly made a run up the pitch and then never recovered

he was bent double blowing - like he was going to get sick!

he should have been off - wrecked couldnt run at all

the ball then was by passing murph easily and then heading down to reilly, with regularity

on about the third ocassion reilly managed to get himself between man and ball - the pats player gave up the ghost

if he had made any effort at all he could have stopped the corner - but no he was all out on his feet

next thing the corner is taken - he migrates to the centre to defend in the 18yard area - but then cant make it back out to the pats winger - when the ball comes to him again

he had a free cross that caused the consternation in the box - that led to the goal

anyone in the new stand could have seen reilly looking to the bench wanting to come off, being wrecked - why didnt tony

and he was still roaring at reilly to move etc.

im not blaming reilly for this - he had a good enough game by his standards until he got wrecked so badly (i wonder why?)

with the goal and all the effort the heads dropped - the full timers all looked wrecked even with fagan and russell coming on

we maybe had one shot after this - and pats confidently stroked the ball around with their goal cushion

as for the penalty - regi had pushed him right and narrowed the angle - he didnt need to tug the shirt - made it easy for the ref

disappointing - maybe pats would have scored - but utd should have with all the posession and shots - definitely worth the draw

again the other results went in our favour

still wondering what match tony was watching for 5mins there
    Last edited by corbyeire; 29/09/2007 at 9:14 AM.
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    We deserved something out of that game great performance considering we had 6 missing. Cant understand the "what a load of rubbish" at the end but then again im biased.

Anyone know the story about the 30 or so clowns looking to start trouble all night they werent even interested in the game and spent most of the game trying to impress the girls that were with them.They werent skangers by the way lads.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I thought we deserved to win. Created more hances and I'd only rate Murphy's miss asa good chance for Galway (and it was the best chance of the night)

2nd half was good as both sides went for a win. After we scored I never thought we were in danger
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Pats never threatened once they went ahead, but apart from a Quigley effort in the first half, they created nothing up to the goal. United on the other hand, Tracey fired high and wide, Fahery beat Ryan with a header but just wide, a cuople of blocked shot, Murphy should have buried his chance and on and on and on. Ndo was brilliant, but Pats didnlt really do much else.
    As for the changes, Tracey was too deep and too far infield and was leaving Reilly exposed so it was the right call to take him off. I'd also have taken Phil off early in second half and thrown Billy on - why call him out of retirement and leave him on the bench? And why did Moran start on the right instead of Russell? At least Waaatherfurd and Longford lost as well
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    last night is the story of our season
    same old story again a game we could of won but our problem is our lack ability to score goals,last night we missed some great chances and swithed off at the back for 2 mins and we gave away a terrible goal

for the team we had out we played quite well thought foley had a great game and thought barry had a good game, he put in some lovey crosses into box but we coundnt finsh them
    when pats scored i think we never looked like scoring
    Last edited by Trainee; 29/09/2007 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    We deserved something out of that game great performance considering we had 6 missing. Cant understand the "what a load of rubbish" at the end but then again im biased.

Anyone know the story about the 30 or so clowns looking to start trouble all night they werent even interested in the game and spent most of the game trying to impress the girls that were with them.They werent skangers by the way lads.
    i saw them after.... 30??.... more like a 100 GUFCT, i was saying to Ultra after this crowd could pose a problem in a year or two!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    they wont be in the ground in the next 2 weeks if they keep on like they did last night. More worried about their hair than the game.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Surely Foley must get back in the team full time after that performance last night. He gave us a bit of bite in midfield which is usually lacking. BTW had to move from new stand to old at HT because of teenage gobdaws thumping each other and generally messing all through the first half

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Foley had a great game I always rated him as giving 100% which he did again last night. I agree with Corby. Tony tells Foley he has no interest in keepin him on yet when he does play him he is one of the best on the park. He left Reilly on put Murphs on the left its all bazaar its quite shocking to behonest I think if he is goin to let 4/5 players go we hould be considering letting him go and start afresh again. I know I said the opposite recently but last nights reasonably good performance considering our predicamet was not down to great management and tactics it was down to the players givin a bit more. A handful were shouting loada rubbish but there were quitened by the regulars on here.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would say that Pats were there for the taking we could have won this one and instead we are looking at another home loss , we had two very good chances and both were put wide of the posts . Lets home we can get things right next week .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How are pats 3rd in the league??????

they were average last friday night.it was one of the worst matches all season,some of our shooting and passing was very poor but i suppose we were missing 6 players.we will survive though and i suppose it will be mission accomplished but boy do we need an improvement next year.
    those dam teenagers were everywhere last friday night,i moved from 1 corner because a scuffle broke out amoung some of them only to meet another group who were equally annoying to those around them.STOP GIVING THEM TICKETS,NONE OF THEM CARE ABOUT THE MATCH!!!!!!!!