Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Keith Andrews

The young boy got himself a great move today. I think Ince has an eye for a player and this young boy should be banged into the squad asap..has a real physical presence that young boys like miller and whelan just dont have. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireland4ever View Post
    The young boy got himself a great move today. I think Ince has an eye for a player and this young boy should be banged into the squad asap..has a real physical presence that young boys like miller and whelan just dont have. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.
    he is 28 in 3 weeks time - hardly a young boy, hardly one for the future...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    he is 28 in 3 weeks time - hardly a young boy, hardly one for the future...
    Jays SkStu, you have little to be contributing if thats the way your going on! Relative to arguably our most consistant midfielder over the last 2 years, Lee Carsley, the lads a nipper!

Seen the chap play a couple of times in the MK stadium this time last year and the lad was head and shoulders above the rest of players on the park - Strong, mobile, good in the tackle and can have a pop as well.

Who knows better late than never in terms of making his Ireland debut!! Take him already over O'Shea or Miller in the middle of the field.
    'hold on a minute baby, you have jumped over the fence'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Jays SkStu, you have little to be contributing if thats the way your going on! Relative to arguably our most consistant midfielder over the last 2 years, Lee Carsley, the lads a nipper!

Seen the chap play a couple of times in the MK stadium this time last year and the lad was head and shoulders above the rest of players on the park - Strong, mobile, good in the tackle and can have a pop as well.

Who knows better late than never in terms of making his Ireland debut!! Take him already over O'Shea or Miller in the middle of the field.
    havent seen much of the guy at all and i trust your evaluation of him (Ciaran, not so much) but it was the young boy bit i was objecting to - hes not a young boy. A young boy is closer to 10, not pushing 28.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    havent seen much of the guy at all and i trust your evaluation of him (Ciaran, not so much) but it was the young boy bit i was objecting to - hes not a young boy. A young boy is closer to 10, not pushing 28.

Ah yeah, no bother lad...this guy fits the bill for one half of a combative midfield duo that trap seems to favour..perhaps himself and reid could be the next combo we might try!

But yeah, I agree about your classification of what a "boy" is, but sure its all relative..Ireland4ever could be an old timer!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Throw him into the squad just because he moved from MK Dons to Blackburnhas not even played a game yet.Keith Fahey should be in a head of this loser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    It's a big move for the guy, but it's a long time since any player made that kind of jump, and was a success. Finnan played his way up the divisions, improving all the time, before moving to Liverpool. Just by comparison, Robbie Earnshaw failed to impress, and Bobby Zamora has been hit and miss despite both scoring all around them in the lower leagues.
    I hope it works out for Andrews, I really do, but it really could have a negative outcome
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian1890 View Post
    Throw him into the squad just because he moved from MK Dons to Blackburnhas not even played a game yet.Keith Fahey should be in a head of this loser.
    Good man, "Loser", sad Indictment that you cant wish a lad well after getting a move to the best league in the world...I'm an avid fan of the EL but if these guys are good enough, they will be picked...end of.

If the guy performs at the highest level, no doubt he will get his chance under Ince, then of course he deserves a place in a squad thats not awash with quality midfielders...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good man, "Loser", sad Indictment that you cant wish a lad well after getting a move to the best league in the world...I'm an avid fan of the EL but if these guys are good enough, they will be picked...end of.

If the guy performs at the highest level, no doubt he will get his chance under Ince, then of course he deserves a place in a squad thats not awash with quality midfielders...

My point is the guy went from MK Dons to Blackburn and you have people saying he should be in the squad asap its like moving from Rovers to Bohs not everyone can handle that step up,If fahey went to derby he would be in the squad sad fact.

How often have you see Andrews and Fahey??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is not true and you know it bet Dave Mooney will be playing for Ireland within six months
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 28/08/2008 at 10:50 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads,

id put good money on it that Ireland4ever was being sarcastic with his original post...
    Last edited by newbie; 28/08/2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Bohemian1890;1009325]My point is the guy went from MK Dons to Blackburn and you have people saying he should be in the squad asap its like moving from Rovers to Bohs not everyone can handle that step up,If fahey went to derby he would be in the squad sad fact.

How often have you see Andrews and Fahey??[/QUOTE

Knew that was coming, I said earlier that I lived in London and took an avid interest in the guy as he was captaining an upcoming side in the capital whilst earning rave reviews...seen him live 6 or 7 times and impressed me. In terms of Fahey seen him god knows how many times back in the day as I' m down watching the saints week in week out...

Sean Scanell had v.few starts for palace last season and was called into a squad that arguably has wingers down as there forte (duff,murphy,hunt,mcgeady)...IMO, we are weakest in central midfield and this guy is an option if he gets his game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That is not true and you know it bet Dave Mooney will be playing for Ireland within six months
    just like Roy O'Donovan?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just like Roy O'Donovan?
    No just like Kevin Doyle,Mooney went to the Championship O'Donovan went to EPL.And if O'Donovan had of being getting his game he would be in the squad.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote=Speakthetruth;1009335]
    My point is the guy went from MK Dons to Blackburn and you have people saying he should be in the squad asap its like moving from Rovers to Bohs not everyone can handle that step up,If fahey went to derby he would be in the squad sad fact.

How often have you see Andrews and Fahey??[/QUOTE

Knew that was coming, I said earlier that I lived in London and took an avid interest in the guy as he was captaining an upcoming side in the capital whilst earning rave reviews...seen him live 6 or 7 times and impressed me. In terms of Fahey seen him god knows how many times back in the day as I' m down watching the saints week in week out...

Sean Scanell had v.few starts for palace last season and was called into a squad that arguably has wingers down as there forte (duff,murphy,hunt,mcgeady)...IMO, we are weakest in central midfield and this guy is an option if he gets his game.
    It took Fahey years to realise his potential and he can pass the he ball just as good as anyone in that squad and he plays centre mid

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kevin Doyle was banging them in through his first season, why wouldnt he be in the squad??? Playing a higher level of football, lets face it, and performing!

I infer that your suggesting any EL player who gets a move to the Championship ends up in the Ireland squad...Jason Byrne & George O'Callaghan are two prime examples of players who were regarded as the best in the EL went to the Championship and didnt get a cap during their time there...Oh wait, yeah they didnt get a game for their clubs either! Ironically Byrne received his 2 caps whilst playing for Shels!! And even then, they were of tokeneque ala Stephen Geogahan & Glen Crowe...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kevin Doyle was banging them in through his first season, why wouldnt he be in the squad??? Playing a higher level of football, lets face it, and performing!

I infer that your suggesting any EL player who gets a move to the Championship ends up in the Ireland squad...Jason Byrne & George O'Callaghan are two prime examples of players who were regarded as the best in the EL went to the Championship and didnt get a cap during their time there...Oh wait, yeah they didnt get a game for their clubs either! Ironically Byrne received his 2 caps whilst playing for Shels!! And even then, they were of tokeneque ala Stephen Geogahan & Glen Crowe...

Byrne scored his debut and got injured after that O'Callaghan played a good few games.
    Glen Crowe was the best irish player that night FACT didnt seem a step up for himand Fahey is playing European football step up from championship level.

As you didnt know that Fahey played centre mid you must have be lying saying you support pats real Oirish fan,Ole,Ole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads will you settle down. He should not be in the squad just cause he made the move from MK Dons to Blackburn. However if he is a star in the Premiership then he should be in the squad. Also he is not a loser just cause he is in the squad.

Regarding Fahey I think he is class and should be in the squad at least for a friendly but he does have a habit of drifting out of games at times and he did it for a good while tonight in the 2nd half. I am a big fan of his though.

There are so many OTT comments in this thread so far from both sides.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=Bohemian1890;1009347]

It took Fahey years to realise his potential and he can pass the he ball just as good as anyone in that squad and he plays centre mid

He is not as good as Andy Reid and football is not all about passing the ball. Fahey goes missing at times and does not look for it at times when the going gets tough. Just like Gerrard does for Liverpool.

Just cause some people are using hyperbole about Andrews no need to respond with Hyperbole about Fahey. It does not do your argument or Faheys any good.
    In Trap we trust

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote=NeilMcD;1009365]

He is not as good as Andy Reid and football is not all about passing the ball. Fahey goes missing at times and does not look for it at times when the going gets tough. Just like Gerrard does for Liverpool.

Just cause some people are using hyperbole about Andrews no need to respond with Hyperbole about Fahey. It does not do your argument or Faheys any good.
    Well a lot of people seem to think Gerrard is word class.
    I am hardly doing Fahey any harm as most of the people on here dont know who he is but they know he is crap

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast