Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Looks like he may be returning to MK Dons: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30727286

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    Bolton midfielder Keith Andrews is set to return to former club MK Dons on loan after an ill-fated Watford spell.

The 33-year-old is on a season-long deal at the Hornets, but has not played since mid-November and is not training with the Championship side.

"We've spoken to Watford and Bolton and unofficially agreed terms with the clubs and Keith," MK Dons boss Karl Robinson told BBC Three Counties Radio.

"Keith can't train. He's not our player. But he's in Milton Keynes."

Andrews spent two years with MK between 2006 and 2008, playing 87 games and helping the club to the League Two title and Johnstone's Paint Trophy success.

He joined Bolton from West Brom in the summer of 2012, but spent most of last season on loan at Brighton.

The Republic of Ireland international was signed on loan for Watford by then-manager Beppe Sannino in August, but has reportedly fallen out with current Vicarage Road boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

Robinson said Andrews' impending arrival does not mean highly rated youngster Dele Alli is poised to leave.

"If he happens to come, he's not a replacement for Dele. He's a different type of player," said Robinson.

"We look at different systems. You can maybe play Dele at number 10 for a little more solidity.

"But Keith is here to support me as well. He is a friend of mine and the club. I think he would be an unbelievable signing."

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    All of a sudden, he's 34 (according to Wiki). Came late to the Premiership/Championship level and has eked a good career out of it, given that he was at MK Dons up until 2008 and only had to play a handful of games at League One for them. Now's not a bad time to step down to League One again and play with a club where he'll be very appreciated.

I heard him on Newstalk on Sunday when he stated that Brighton had shown at bit of interest also. However, it looks like MK Dons have been more concrete with their interest.

As an aside, Andrews and his new manager, Karl Robinson, have the exact same D.O.B (13 September 1980).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    He probably hasn't helped his cause by being such a vocal media presence. He could at least wait until he's retired.

I still think he could do a job at any number of teams in the bottom half but he seems to have built a reputation, rightly or wrongly, at Bolton & Watford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Is Keith heading for retirement?

Hasn't featured at all in about two months and doesn't seem to be injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport...s_this_summer/

Looks like he is retiring; he's starting his coaching career at MK Dons.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Smart guy and a leader. I think we'll hear more from him.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33778379
    He has retired, honest servant for Ireland,Will always remember the goal against Italy

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Keith struck me as a talented, able guy who's well able to manage his own life, but who also worked hard to be a dab hand at football.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    When was his last appearance for Ireland, anyone know?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    This rings true again in light of his latest career step. Excellent move to ally himself with such a bright, young manager in Karl Robinson, who has 5 years experience and is still the same age as Andrews at 34. Andrews has mentioned a friendship with Robinson in the past so, hopefully, they can dovetail well.

Andrews career demonstrated an ability to rise to the top in the face of adversity- his career trajectory demonstrates this. Seems to be, as Stutts said, a smart guy and a leader. No reason why he can't become a successful manager in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Thank Keith for all the fish.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    When was his last appearance for Ireland, anyone know?
    Italia

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Keith Andrews confirms that the team took matters into their own hands and pretty much ignored Trap's instructions for the second leg of the World Cup qualifying play-off against France in Paris back in 2009 as well as for the play-off against Estonia in 2011 to qualify for the Euros: https://www.balls.ie/football/france...nd-2009-359852

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Andrews
    It was very restrictive. Glenn Whelan still gets stick now which is absolutely ridiculous. Every week you check teamsheets - whatever game I'm working, you'd obviously have one eye on the Irish lads. Every single week, for how many years, he's been in the Stoke team. Good player. But the thing that fans don't realise, is that certain people in the squad were pushed to one side because they wouldn't buy into what the manager wanted you to do.

So, on those one-off games, when we're either a little bit desperate - in Paris where we know we have to come back from a goal down. Or Estonia, where we kind of feel, 'This is our opportunity,' in the main you can't be going and doing your own thing to a degree, in our 'philosophy' shall we say under Trapattoni.

[But] I think the players took it upon themselves, realising the situation and the scenario we were in. We had really good leaders in that team. I loved walking out of the tunnel next to Shay, Richard Dunne - I felt like a gladiator walking next to him [Dunne]. When he put on that jersey he was like a man mountain. Robbie, Duffer obviously, I loved playing with. I just felt we had those leaders within the group. We always seemed to play better when we played together.

Was the football superb to watch? No, of course it wasn't - in the main. But in terms of results, and how productive that period was, I genuinely think it was a success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Gibson said before there wasn't one: http://www.ciarano.me/post/619445566...ed-after-three
    Gibson, who came on after an hour in the game best remembered for Thierry Henry’s handball, says there was no such mutiny.

“I don’t think that happened to be honest. It might have looked that way because we actually did have a proper go at them – we tried to close them down as quick as we could – and because of that and winning the ball back it looks like we were on that attack all the time.

“It was our chance to get to the World Cup so everyone was really up for it and the nature of the game was that everyone really wanted to get through, the adrenaline maybe made it look as if we were attacking a bit more.

“I’m not aware of any other plan, unless they had meetings without me there.”

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Gibson said before there wasn't one: http://www.ciarano.me/post/619445566...ed-after-three
    Heh, they can't both be right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Stephen Hunt said before there was no mutiny either. Andrews' comments suggest it was a mentality switch among the players as much as anything
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Stephen Hunt said before there was no mutiny either. Andrews' comments suggest it was a mentality switch among the players as much as anything
    That'd be the most likely thing, I think. Just guys deciding that stepping outside of their usual roles was the right thing to do, and it just started working from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Andrews gave his Ireland at the World Cup XI on NewsTalk earlier. It's...interesting

Also has his thoughts on the current management
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I wouldn't agree with his personnel choices, but I agree wholeheartedly with his views on the coaching arrangements.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    You were right but did you think it would be as a pundit?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast