Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Keith Andrews needs to cut bait and aim for a mid-table Championship club to take him on. I won't blame him if he sits it out and collects the Premiership paycheques though, he's earned it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Keith Andrews needs to cut bait and aim for a mid-table Championship club to take him on. I won't blame him if he sits it out and collects the Premiership paycheques though, he's earned it.
    Uh...let's see if he can impress the new manager first before we find him a new club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Yeah... Clean slate now. This is the acid test
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I'm with the doctor on this one. Up until this, people could legitimately claim that Andrews' place in the team was down to favouritism on Ince's part. With a new manager in place it's time for him to show that he's worth his place in the side.
    Besides I don't think it was Ince that was picking him for Ireland, was it?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I don't think there is very much chance that Andrews will start another Premiership game again unless he joins a team in the Championship who get promoted. I would expect Allardyce to see that Dunn, Vogel, Grella, Mokoena and Tugay should all be in ahead of him in centre midfield and i'm sure that big Sam will bring in his own players in the new year, dropping him further down the list.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I'm with the doctor on this one. Up until this, people could legitimately claim that Andrews' place in the team was down to favouritism on Ince's part. With a new manager in place it's time for him to show that he's worth his place in the side.
    Besides I don't think it was Ince that was picking him for Ireland, was it?

No it was a management regime that thought that being a Premiership benchwarmer was an instant passport to international football (Folan, Whelan, Miller, Gibson......) and only started watching our Championship players about a fortnight ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Allardyce's appointment is good for all of the Irish players at Blackburn I'd say.

Reid, Andrews, and Treacy are all athletic players that will suit Allardyce's preferred 4-3-3 formation.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Allardyce's appointment is good for all of the Irish players at Blackburn I'd say.

Reid, Andrews, and Treacy are all athletic players that will suit Allardyce's preferred 4-3-3 formation.
    Ya agreed, I wouldve thought that Andrews is Allardyce's type of player. Hope Big Sam will give him a fair shout at it at least.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Sam dropped a central midfielder for today but it's not the one we were all expecting, Dunn comes in for Mokoena to partner Andrews. Interstingly Treacy doesn't make the bench but Judge does, which is bizarre since Treacy was having a great season so far, maybe he's injured?

Considering the result, you would expect Andrews to hold his place for the next game. Although judging by the reports the scoreline was harsh on Stoke - Whelan played the full 90 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Considering the result, you would expect Andrews to hold his place for the next game. Although judging by the reports the scoreline was harsh on Stoke - Whelan played the full 90 mins.
    andrews played well on sat i heard. made the "squad" for bbc website team of the weekend

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackannovic View Post
    Ince is gone, expect Andrews to play very little football for the rest of the year. Rovers will return to a midfield containing Johann Vogel who had been out in the cold since Ince's arrival. Expect Vogel and Dunn to start on Saturday v Stoke.
    He played the full 90 mins on Saturday and played very well. Just shows how ignorant some posters are of Andrews ability. They just assume the likes of Vogel (because he's foreign) must be ahead of Andrews in the pecking order. Vogel is very poor of what I've seen of him, Andrews is far superior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    He played the full 90 mins on Saturday and played very well. Just shows how ignorant some posters are of Andrews ability. They just assume the likes of Vogel (because he's foreign) must be ahead of Andrews in the pecking order. Vogel is very poor of what I've seen of him, Andrews is far superior.
    Andrews is foreign.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    They (Hanson) was quite complimentary to him on MOTD, playing the 'Lee Carsley' role. Didn't get a very high rating on Sky though - "did his job". But it's an key role in front of the defense where the work can go unnoticed, what he did looked easy but it's all part of being in the right place at the right time.

Ince had to have confidence in him to bring him in, however the clubs lost confident in Ince!

It will be interesting to see how he gets on there and whether he gets regular starts, and if Blackburn continue to gets results.

Hard to judge on just one match, but I have a feeling he will do OK.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    Andrews is foreign.
    If you read it again, its obvious I meant Vogel is foreign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Both are foreign.
    Andrews is Irish?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    ah old roly eyes is back with a vengeance
    I

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Ye can't have seen much of Vogel he's only played 10 minutes this season. When he played at the tail end of last season he was exceptional for Blackburn, this season he's only played 10 minutes because of a falling out with Paul Ince. You can't seriously be suggesting that a player who has played for Milan, Betis and PSV along with captaining his country who he has represented since he was 18 is in a lower bracket than a player who spent the vast amount of his career being passed from loan to loan in the lower leagues after 6 years at Wolves where he failed to impress in such a long stint. And as for the argument that Vogel is well into his thirties, he's 31, hardly a point of being over the hill and Andrews is 28 so he's not exactly gonna get much better at that age. As for Vogel not playing many games well thats true but players like Reid have played just as little over such a space of time and I know that Reid would be put straight in ahead of Andrews when fit again.

For all that its worth do you seriously think Andrews would've been signed by another Premiership club? The only reason he's at Blackburn was Paul Ince, it's the same reason Robbie Fowler turned up took a nice paycheck and left. Ince sorted his mates out with a chance at the big time. Maybe Ince thought he might cut it but we all know how good Inces judgement turned out for him. Go to any Blackburn message board and you'll see the general feeling is that he isn't good enough to play in the Premier League. He's a very, very limited player.

The team last weekend was not picked by Allardyce as he had only taken over training on the Friday with McDonald. The squad was selected for him by Archie Knox and Ray Mathias who would've excluded Vogel on the basis of his bust up with Ince. Allardyce has since dismissed Mathias and Knox and has publicly stated that every player at the club starts with a clean slate. In short expect Vogel to return to the first team squad quite soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Ye can't have seen much of Vogel he's only played 10 minutes this season. When he played at the tail end of last season he was exceptional for Blackburn, this season he's only played 10 minutes because of a falling out with Paul Ince. You can't seriously be suggesting that a player who has played for Milan, Betis and PSV along with captaining his country who he has represented since he was 18 is in a lower bracket than a player who spent the vast amount of his career being passed from loan to loan in the lower leagues after 6 years at Wolves where he failed to impress in such a long stint. And as for the argument that Vogel is well into his thirties, he's 31, hardly a point of being over the hill and Andrews is 28 so he's not exactly gonna get much better at that age. As for Vogel not playing many games well thats true but players like Reid have played just as little over such a space of time and I know that Reid would be put straight in ahead of Andrews when fit again.

For all that its worth do you seriously think Andrews would've been signed by another Premiership club? The only reason he's at Blackburn was Paul Ince, it's the same reason Robbie Fowler turned up took a nice paycheck and left. Ince sorted his mates out with a chance at the big time. Maybe Ince thought he might cut it but we all know how good Inces judgement turned out for him. Go to any Blackburn message board and you'll see the general feeling is that he isn't good enough to play in the Premier League. He's a very, very limited player.

The team last weekend was not picked by Allardyce as he had only taken over training on the Friday with McDonald. The squad was selected for him by Archie Knox and Ray Mathias who would've excluded Vogel on the basis of his bust up with Ince. Allardyce has since dismissed Mathias and Knox and has publicly stated that every player at the club starts with a clean slate. In short expect Vogel to return to the first team squad quite soon.
    So why didn't you?

I really cannot see Vogel making more than 10-15 appearances this season, if that.
    Last edited by gustavo; 29/12/2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: fixing quotes

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    So why didn't you?

I really cannot see Vogel making more than 10-15 appearances this season, if that.
    Is that because there are only 18 league games left, thats not bad considering the room for an injury or suspension.
    Even making the bench this week was a massive step towards playing for Vogel. Andrews started because of an injury crisis at the club - Dunn, Grella and Reid all out. Add to that the fact Vogel hasn't played even a reserve game in months and is severely match unfit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Is that because there are only 18 league games left, thats not bad considering the room for an injury or suspension.
    Even making the bench this week was a massive step towards playing for Vogel. Andrews started because of an injury crisis at the club - Dunn, Grella and Reid all out. Add to that the fact Vogel hasn't played even a reserve game in months and is severely match unfit.

Vogel is over the hill and will not become a regular for Blackburn. Andrews may do just enough to become a regular under Allardyce but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of big tackling midfielders signed in January.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast