Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I'd imagine its what the majority on his here think about DG and his position in the FAI. Give Andrews a few months, if he has broken into the starting eleven by then, he should be called up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The thing is to break into the first team he will need to displace Reid, who many consider one of our better players.

The problem is that the chances of him replacing Reid are high enough. I was reading that bbc 606 site, and they don't seem to share our love for Steven...to say the least.

Even if Andrews was to replace Reid, I would still want Reid in the starting 11.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Might not necessarily have to replace Reid, could partner him!! I cant remember who it was, but the guy that partnered Reid in midfield today was also a new signing so perhaps a place up for grabs there. If he stays injury free I can see Reid becoming a top player and is a potential future captain for both club and country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Definetly. I was quite shocked by the reaction I got when I made a thread about him after the Norway game. Although I have to say I don't really trust opinions on those sort of sites. An official forum would probably be a better place to get opinions.

He's too good for Blackburn. Love to see where he would have been had he stayed cleary injuries. Your right about that though, the other midfield place is probably up for grabs. Grella played there today.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    Definetly. I was quite shocked by the reaction I got when I made a thread about him after the Norway game. Although I have to say I don't really trust opinions on those sort of sites. An official forum would probably be a better place to get opinions.

He's too good for Blackburn. Love to see where he would have been had he stayed cleary injuries. Your right about that though, the other midfield place is probably up for grabs. Grella played there today.
    Well it looked like at one stage ManU were gonna make a bid for him so if he had stayed injury free he could easily have ended up there or one of the other top 4 clubs
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    While Givens was head of youth coaching at Arsenal he tried to sign Keith Andrews. Andrews spurned the opportunity to join Wolves. Givens never forgave him and refused to pick Andrews for the U21 team despite the fact he was captaining the Wolves team.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    While Givens was head of youth coaching at Arsenal he tried to sign Keith Andrews. Andrews spurned the opportunity to join Wolves. Givens never forgave him and refused to pick Andrews for the U21 team despite the fact he was captaining the Wolves team.
    Correct, the same person who ended R Forans career at U 21 Level because Richie stayed out late, how has this man got so much power and what is his connection with J Delaney?????

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    There are so many stories about Don Givens that there must be something behind it.Do the powers that be think that Irish international football would collapse without this man.No one is indispensible and one of the first rules of management must be to get your best players in the squad.To lose 1/2/3/4 might be unlucky but Don must have lost a whole team over the years.
    To counter my own argument perhaps the clubs are putting pressure on young players not to play for their countries due to the possibility of injury and wanting them to be in the best condition when playing for them.
    I think that this must be the case when you see players that everyone believes should be in the squad ommitted or just maybe some of the players are not interested in playing under age football for their country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    See the boy got a good goal yesterday...Trap should be keeping an eye on this decent prospect.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Praise for Andrews from Ince:

Paul Ince is backing Blackburn goal hero Keith Andrews to finally make the grade at the age of 28 - after dismissing accusations he signed the midfielder as "an old pals' act".

Ince first became aware of Andrews' qualities during the latter days of his playing career at Wolves and then worked with him when manager of MK Dons last season.

He always felt Andrews had the quality to play at the highest level and had no hesitation in taking him to Ewood Park in a £1.3million deal in August.

And Andrews went some way to repaying that faith with a late equaliser during Saturday's 2-2 draw with West Brom at The Hawthorns.

Ince said: "I played with Keith at Wolves. He couldn't get in the side because I was playing but he is a fantastic player.

"He went through a bad time when he was 21, 22. I think he was misguided, misled. His attitude has always been spot on but he needed some guidance and I think, when I went to MK Dons, he got that.

"When I went there he was going to leave but I forced him to stay. By then he was really serious about his football and his talent is second to none for what we paid for him.

"It shows that you can go and buy quality players down the leagues. Keith is much better than that lower league anyway, hence why I brought him to Blackburn."

Ince added: "Some people tried to question it when I signed him for Blackburn. Some people were saying 'Is it an old pals' act?' after working with him before.

"It wasn't that. You've seen what a quality player he is. You saw that against Aston Villa in midweek when he was man of the match.

"Those midfield players who get forward and score goals, you don't get them 10 to a penny.

"He had a couple of chances against Villa, a couple of shots against West Brom and it was great for him to finally score because he was a fantastic player.

"He got 14 goals last season. I don't care what league it is, if you get 14 goals as a midfielder you've got a knack for doing that and he will score a lot more goals for Blackburn."
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...444674,00.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah it was a lovely shot.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts

Self praise is no praise...

“I played with Keith at Wolves,” Ince said. “He couldn’t get in the side because I was playing but he is a fantastic player.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    “I played with Keith at Wolves,” Ince said. “He couldn’t get in the side because I was playing but he is a fantastic player.
    "When I went there he was going to leave but I forced him to stay"

The old softly, softly approach. Classy.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    "When I went there he was going to leave but I forced him to stay"

The old softly, softly approach. Classy.
    Tough love lads and it looks like it worked for Keith. I am sure he is not compaining about being made stay at the Dons.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Perhaps this topic could be merged with:

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=101358
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    But sure this is the Keith andrews thread....the boy is good but dunno if he warrants two threads....

See Ince was singing his praise again this morning...he's a real talent i feel we should be nurturing. Big game for him tomorrow.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033...471121,00.html
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend
    -
    Trappattoni+Tardelli+Brady=Holy Trinity of Irish Football

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Started yesterday, didnt do an awful lot wrong imo but was taken off at half time for Derbyshire, who did nothing in the second half. Chelsea were very dominant in midfield in the first half, as you would expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Started yesterday, didnt do an awful lot wrong imo but was taken off at half time for Derbyshire, who did nothing in the second half. Chelsea were very dominant in midfield in the first half, as you would expect.
    Wasn't it his backpass that sent Anelka through early on that probably should have been a penalty and red card? Not 100% sure on that but think so.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Obnly saw bits of it but of interest for me was that he seems to play a very advanced midfield role, with Grella playing the more defensive role. Neat, tidy and mobile. Nothing flash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    He was a bit more defensive in the B game against Forest, cleaning up, assisting the defence when they got crowded, and spraying the ball out to the wingers.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast