Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Andrews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    We'll find out soon enough if Andrews is good enough - the truth is; none of us know how good he can be, not even Ince or Andrews himself. Five or ten solid games in the Premiership would be enough to get him into the Irish squad - if he stays on the bench or fails to impress, then it's no disaster, we'll just have to wait for Gibson or Garvan to come good. No-one can deny that Andrews has a once-in-a-lifetime chance now, particularly given the position he plays in, to stake a claim for the Ireland squad. Could be the next Holland or Kinsella. Oh, and don't forget that Andy Townsend enjoyed a similarly rapid rise to prominence back in the day - from Weymouth to the old First Division!

Ince obviously sees something in him - why didn't he try to sign Garvan, O'Toole, Alan Quinn, Stephen Quinn, McPhail, McCann, Rowlands or any other competent lower-league midfielder? He obviously knows something that we don't.

As for Fahey, he's obviously a decent player, but seems to be more in the Hoolahan mould - tidy, good technique, but not big or muscular enough for the modern game at any elevated level. Probably still better than Miller though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    exactly, everyone calm down and wait and see. I wouldnt be getting excited yet, but nor would I be knocking the lad down...
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian1890 View Post
    Byrne scored his debut and got injured after that O'Callaghan played a good few games.
    Glen Crowe was the best irish player that night FACT didnt seem a step up for himand Fahey is playing European football step up from championship level.

As you didnt know that Fahey played centre mid you must have be lying saying you support pats real Oirish fan,Ole,Ole
    when did I say Fahey didnt play midfield ya ham!...sad sign when you have to invent things to support an arguement.

Its well known Jones didnt rate Byrne when he got there, hence he cut his losses and let him go for free...Point is neither of them cut the mustard and i didnt see either in the squad..hence, my point if your GOOD enough, you Should be selected! The guys just didnt make the grade.

How come Crowe wasnt a regular then? Hardly, going to respond with your generic EL conspircy theories are ya?
    'hold on a minute baby, you have jumped over the fence'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    All these "[x] should be called up" debates are trivial at this point. Trap is a real manager and he won't call up fring players to "give them a go." Don't be surprised if he doesn't give a 1st cap to a single player over the upcoming 2 year campaign, most international managers wouldn't.
    He's already given Whelan, Delaney and Hoolahan their first caps, and with the number of players from the current U-21 setup who are overage for the next campaign, it's highly likely that one or more of them will make the step up to the senior team over the next 2 years.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its a massive step up for him ,he looks good and ince must think he can handle it but as for him to be called into the squad is a joke .you get called into the squad cause you deserve it not cause you signed for a premiership team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    All these "[x] should be called up" debates are trivial at this point. Trap is a real manager and he won't call up fring players to "give them a go." Don't be surprised if he doesn't give a 1st cap to a single player over the upcoming 2 year campaign, most international managers wouldn't.
    Classic.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    That is not true and you know it bet Dave Mooney will be playing for Ireland within six months

and if he is, it'll be because he will be fitter, better coached and used to playing at a higher level than he was

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I like the look of Ince as manager and have changed my opinion of late, i dont think Blackburn will be the relegation material that i thought they would be. As for Andrews, Im not sure if he will make the starting 11 straight away but hopefully he'll be given his fair chance. A partnership with S Reid would do very nicely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    It's always good to see more Irish players playing at the top level. If he proves himself then he should be in the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disabledrog View Post
    its a massive step up for him ,he looks good and ince must think he can handle it
    I've no idea about Andrews and his ability to play Prem or international football.
    But it's not entirely beyond possibility that Ince has signed him for reasons other than strictly footballing ones.
    There are rumours of dissent in the Rovers dressing room, as often happens when a strong character like Ince takes over from an equally strong-willed, but popular, man like Hughes.
    In such circumstances, the new manager often likes to get someone he trusts 100% into the Dressing Room, so he can find out what's really going on behind his back. (Brian Clough used to do it all the time, with players like O'Hare and Bowyer following him from club to club).
    In which case, since Andrews won't have made much of a dent in his transfer and wages budget, it won't matter hugely to Ince whether he plays regularly or not.

Just a theory, mind.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    and if he is, it'll be because he will be fitter, better coached and used to playing at a higher level than he was
    why is nobody on aboun noel hunt in dat case as he has played at a higher level dan mooney and has aquitted himslef v well at it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    when did I say Fahey didnt play midfield ya ham!...sad sign when you have to invent things to support an arguement.

Its well known Jones didnt rate Byrne when he got there, hence he cut his losses and let him go for free...Point is neither of them cut the mustard and i didnt see either in the squad..hence, my point if your GOOD enough, you Should be selected! The guys just didnt make the grade.

How come Crowe wasnt a regular then? Hardly, going to respond with your generic EL conspircy theories are ya?

IMO, we are weakest in central midfield and this guy is an option if he gets his game. that is a quote from you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How will he be fitter??Better coached you know this how??I take you know how Reading and Cork players are coached??Higher level how is that??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    How will he be fitter??Better coached you know this how??I take you know how Reading and Cork players are coached??Higher level how is that??
    if you think that the coaching, facilities, level of football etc at cork are on a par with reading you're in dreamland

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if you think that the coaching, facilities, level of football etc at cork are on a par with reading you're in dreamland
    If you know nothing about Cork or Reading coaching then dont talk about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    If you know nothing about Cork or Reading coaching then dont talk about it.
    likewise! but id say my assumptions are way closer to the truth than yours

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    likewise! but id say my assumptions are way closer to the truth than yours
    I go on facts Mooney was full time like he will be at Reading,Stephen Ward went over scored a few goals and was tipped for player of the month all in his first month over there.

His fitness was fine and he said coaching was more or less the same.
    I am going on that someone who has played European football and LOI football has said it and thats good enough for me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Throw him into the squad just because he moved from MK Dons to Blackburnhas not even played a game yet.Keith Fahey should be in a head of this loser.
    I can't see how Andrews justifies the term loser being thrown at him. Most Irish fans will be pleased at his progress, whether or not he turns out to be a latter day Kinsella. But we live in hope - or some of us do.

You seem very angry. I also think resorting to the Ole Ole cliche against another poster on this forum is very strange indeed. Why are you cross & why do you think it is OK to call Andrews a loser?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All, i know a member of the Andrews family and i think he ( Keith ) may have told Don Givens the truth allegedly so I would not hold your breath waiting for him to play. He was youngest captain of Wolves and could not get a game he was in the premier before and could not get a game so why should he get one now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Phillips View Post
    All, i know a member of the Andrews family and i think he ( Keith ) may have told Don Givens the truth allegedly so I would not hold your breath waiting for him to play. He was youngest captain of Wolves and could not get a game he was in the premier before and could not get a game so why should he get one now
    The 'truth'? Little bit ambiguous - could you elaborate?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that a player could have improved between the ages of 23 and 27?! He came on for the second half today, which is encouraging.
    Last edited by Supreme feet; 30/08/2008 at 8:22 PM.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast