Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Leicester Deal! Any benifits?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Leicester Deal! Any benifits?

Any benifts from the Lecister Deal. Does anyone know any inside info?. Are we going to be getting any players on laon or anything or what is a complete waste of time. What the delaney deal the only thing to come out of it or what?

Does anybody know anything about the ins and outs of it. I know we were given the speel at the start but what now?, it looks like Peter Taylor isnt even going to well at the moment and will be lucky to hold onto his job , which would mean if he goes so would Colin Murphy and maybe the link up with them. Thats if it really matters anyway.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down You're guess is as good as mine

Firstly: i'm still opposed to the deal (not going thru allover again though)

Benefits:
    - 50k a year?
    - Use St Marys training pitch?
    - Freebie junkets to Filbert St? (sorry counldn't resist)

Would think the "deal" will remain no matter whose the manager.

IMO the Delaney theft would have happened whether there a "linkup" or not.

Sure you're only a supporter of the club, why do you think you have a right to any details of the "linkup" as its the Directors club! (i'm being sarcastic)

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: You're guess is as good as mine

Originally posted by rebel

- Use St Marys training pitch?
    That should read Mayfield United, though AFAIK there's been no movement there.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face typo

doh! typo

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Benefits:

1) being linked with a quality and world known club like Leicester City
    2) getting some of their players over on loan
    3) getting a Premiership club to come over and play a pre season friendly every season
    4) sending some of our boys over to train properly
    5) getting a better price for players than we would on the open market.
    6) having Leicester City to off load all uneeded talented young players.

All these wonderful benefits have helped the club don't you think? We were sooooooo lucky to have got such a balanced deal.

In fact I'm thinking that since the club linked up with Leicester that things have turned sour from there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    In fact I'm thinking that since the club linked up with Leicester that things have turned sour from there...
    The only thing we've got from Leicester is their ability to struggle to pick up points.

"A bullish Peter Taylor hit back at the critics after his side scraped their first point of the season against Ipswich.

The Leicester chief was under pressure after two defeats and a run of just three Premiership points in the last 36, but finally had something to cheer as Dean Sturridge levelled the game in the last minute."
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    too right naimh,

Jumping on the bandwagon of becoming a feeder club to a great benefactor such as leicester is a sorry inditment of the ambition permeating all city boardroom decisions. The only benefits are of course that they get our finest offspring and chuck us a few quid to get back on the game and produce the next batch. We might however benefit from looking at a club like brighton and hove albion who in the mid 90's were groundless, practically bankrupt and the verge of going out of the league. Through a protracted effort on behalf of their fans who did everything from lobbying local councils, to unifying any supporters they had to act( I won't go into it but a look at www.seagulls.co.uk will fill you in: rebel) they have managed to turn the club around and their future looks bright. Sacking the board is a cop out without a viable alternative being in place, but a strong proactive supporters club willing to take matters into ther own hands to increase the standing and public awareness of the plight may throw up something or one of interest. Procrastinating on a website will invariably get you nowhere. And redcards is the an idea worthy of a five year old.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation Link-ups

I've criticised the "link-up" since its creation & i'm not going thru all again. However the worst thing about the "linkup" is the measly sum involved. If it had to happen there was nothing the supporters could do about but the club is worth more than 50k a year!!!!!!
    The turnover of Leicester Football club would surely be around 10million a year & if they even find 1 Damian Delaney every 5 years it'll be a unbeliveable bargain.

rant p.s.
    I know the eL clubs need the money but unless they stop selling young players for 50k they will NEVER progress. BTW big clubs are never interested in the 1st teams of the feeder clubs as they'll almost never take a player once hes over 21 or 22. Its the young uns they want.

Bring back Rocketman!