Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Times

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Changing Times

Once again another meeting has taken place filled with many versions but all about the same issue.......finance.

I have to admit I was shocked to see so many who had been closest supporters of the Chairman, finally having the confidence to stand up and be counted and when they questioned anything he said, they were told they were out of order.

How the hell can you run a Club when members are ruled out of order for expressing their opinions?

It is now proven, Cobh Ramblers is been led by a dictatorship and not a leadership.

But again, nobody here will admit this.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Once again another meeting has taken place filled with many versions but all about the same issue.......finance.
    Well it was a finance information meeting!

I wish jamesd that you'd stop stirring and looking for reactions

I wasn't there so I can't comment but what I do know is that anytime something happens in this club your always first to comment and you know what, it's rarely about team matters and it's always negative toward the running of the club.

Grow up for feck sake!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He only get a reaction because you take the bait each time.

The easiest way to ignore these posts is for no-one to respond!

At least if he is only talking to himself there is no argument!
    eircom league div 1 champions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    that is the best way to stop all the negative crap... no response and they go away
    the sub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    time to move on lads, must say the critiscm of the foot.ie and off forum by certain people last night is bordering on paranoia.what is it with these people are they afraid of technology or what. disgraceful behaviour all round by some of these numnuts.
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    DICTATORSHIP. A form of government in which a single individual, who has seized power by force, exercises complete and often arbitrary control over all aspects of government.
    DEMOCRACY is government by the people in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system."
    I presume not even you need help seeing which one of these is in place jamesd. Im sure if you have trouble choosing the minutes from the recent egm where the chairman was shown full support by the people under a free electoral system might help ya.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfarlo View Post
    DICTATORSHIP. A form of government in which a single individual, who has seized power by force, exercises complete and often arbitrary control over all aspects of government.
    DEMOCRACY is government by the people in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system."
    I presume not even you need help seeing which one of these is in place jamesd. Im sure if you have trouble choosing the minutes from the recent egm where the chairman was shown full support by the people under a free electoral system might help ya.
    Full support of whom??? It is truly amazing to see people attending meetings as season ticket holders who don't attend matches.

And for any Chairman to bark at members and say put up or shut up, well it certainly is not professional conduct by a so called leader.

And of course best of all, we have a manager who has not delievered for the club, pleading with people to put their hands in their pockets and support the club.

The manager would be better advised to keep his opinions to himself and channel his energies into figuring out a way to keep the team in Premier Division.

The sooner that the Football is kept apart from the running of the club the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    lad no more replies, just let it die,

thread out
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    thread out
    what??
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    what??

thats what 3 12 hour night shifts do to ya
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems to me that the infamous 'Jamesd' is the one who took the bait there. As soon as someone replied to him, he left his mask drop once again and showed his pathetic twisted hand.

You can bet he didnt put his hand in his pocket or sign up to save 'His' club though!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redshanks View Post
    Seems to me that the infamous 'Jamesd' is the one who took the bait there. As soon as someone replied to him, he left his mask drop once again and showed his pathetic twisted hand.

You can bet he didnt put his hand in his pocket or sign up to save 'His' club though!
    On the contrary, I would do anything I can to help out the club. My only concern is that where are the assurances that this kind of financial mess won't happen again.

You are all ready to chew me when I question the Chairman and Committee. I am entitled to do so, and I would argue that if it were any other Chairman in office, many here would be the first to seek his/her removal.

Let me state, that I have no personal grevience with the Chairman, in fact I have been an admirer of his for many years. And like I have suggested to him, I believe it is time for a fresh start. I also believe that all Committee positions should only be held for a maximum of three years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the contrary, I would do anything I can to help out the club. My only concern is that where are the assurances that this kind of financial mess won't happen again.

You are all ready to chew me when I question the Chairman and Committee. I am entitled to do so, and I would argue that if it were any other Chairman in office, many here would be the first to seek his/her removal.

Let me state, that I have no personal grevience with the Chairman, in fact I have been an admirer of his for many years. And like I have suggested to him, I believe it is time for a fresh start. I also believe that all Committee positions should only be held for a maximum of three years.
    Redshanks asked you a direct question and this is what you came back with, vague answer
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    Redshanks asked you a direct question and this is what you came back with, vague answer
    Where was the question?? He made a statement assuming that I wasn't prepared to assist the club. How wrong he is.

What really annoys me here is that people assume too much. If I say something wrong then I will put my hand up and apologise. But when I question how things are run, I am told to shut up.

As a member of Cobh Ramblers FC and someone who has served in the past, I should be entitled to my opinion like anyone else without been slated or abused. I am not a member of "any side" as people here are fond of saying.

But it really frustrates me that members are been asked to dish out their money without been assured that this kind of financial mess won't happen again. Its not so long ago when the Club was in dire straits and again we were told it was all sorted.

If that is been negative and knocking, I apologise but so be it. There can be no quick fixes here. We need a clear vision for the future regardless of who is in charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where was the question?? He made a statement assuming that I wasn't prepared to assist the club. How wrong he is.

What really annoys me here is that people assume too much. If I say something wrong then I will put my hand up and apologise. But when I question how things are run, I am told to shut up.

As a member of Cobh Ramblers FC and someone who has served in the past, I should be entitled to my opinion like anyone else without been slated or abused. I am not a member of "any side" as people here are fond of saying.

But it really frustrates me that members are been asked to dish out their money without been assured that this kind of financial mess won't happen again. Its not so long ago when the Club was in dire straits and again we were told it was all sorted.

If that is been negative and knocking, I apologise but so be it. There can be no quick fixes here. We need a clear vision for the future regardless of who is in charge.
    havent the committee appointed two people with a third to come to run the finances of the club, thats what i took out of the meeting the other night. So when they come back with their financial plan for the future of the club then it should be interesting to see what they propose

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I"d have to agree with both sides here,jamesd has only stated the truth and seems to have the club at heart but is getting aggressivly attacked from fellow supporters.If this were a proper run business the current board would have been run a long time ago,ppl will have to accept no matter whos in charge there will be opposition I for one would not give a cent to the current chairman but hes in charge of our club so its best just getting on with things.The end of the season will tell a lot and this new fundraising commatee is a massive posative but they need to have full control of finances meaning any spending will have to be put to them first then the chairman cant be singled out.

PS..Just to let ppl know how bad this club is I know of supporters who paid the 100 euro for the season ticket up front but were never approached for the balance,this is not proper planning.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PS..Just to let ppl know how bad this club is I know of supporters who paid the 100 euro for the season ticket up front but were never approached for the balance,this is not proper planning
    That maybe so (and I say MAYBE) but sure whose job was it at the time before closing date of 26th May to chase these people down for any outstandsing balance?
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    That maybe so (and I say MAYBE) but sure whose job was it at the time before closing date of 26th May to chase these people down for any outstandsing balance?
    the treasurer?, did we have one then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    The end of the season will tell a lot and this new fundraising commatee is a massive posative but they need to have full control of finances meaning any spending will have to be put to them first then the chairman cant be singled out..

Its the financial committee not fundraising
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Financial commatee,thats even better id imagine they"ll will have the final say on spending so at least things cant get worse.

Im not sure whos job it was to go chasing ppl for money but the POINT is it went un-noticed and this not a club who can afford such a lazy attitude

Id agree the club has moved forward but basics such as the above need to be addressed in the future,communication is vital.

Finanally can anyone tell me if i can get my hands on a white ramblers jersey only seen them on kids??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast