Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ideas to save the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ideas to save the club

Right lads, we have all had a good moan about the indo article and the 96fm ambush, its time now that we take the lead like Shamrock Rovers and Cork City fans did, lets stop bitchin and moaning and come up with some decent ideas to help the club.

Do we not look at the €2000 contribution as something like the 400 rovers supporters who helped bail the club out.

Just post ideas and discuss, no point in this thread if it degenerates into a slagging match.
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    Right lads, we have all had a good moan about the indo article and the 96fm ambush, its time now that we take the lead like Shamrock Rovers and Cork City fans did, lets stop bitchin and moaning and come up with some decent ideas to help the club.

Do we not look at the €2000 contribution as something like the 400 rovers supporters who helped bail the club out.

Just post ideas and discuss, no point in this thread if it degenerates into a slagging match.

Golf Classic, you could make over 10k
    Race Night again you could make 7k plus
    Why not get a ex manager or player from premier club organise a dinner with them doing after dinner speech 10@ 100 =1000k per table you coud make 25k Hold an auction another 7k
    the sub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    Race Night again you could make 7k plus
    Why not get a ex manager or player from premier club organise a dinner with them doing after dinner speech 10@ 100 =1000k per table you coud make 25k Hold an auction another 7k
    excellent ideas
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With so much musical talent in Cobh as was recently visible at the Regatta and the recent event in Cobh GAA to get a support act for Frances Black, how about restarting the Cobh Ramblers Talent Competition with the winner to perform at an open air concert in Cobh Ramblers.

I am quite sure with the proper approach, a good headline performer/band could be persuaded to come here to Cobh and give a concert to aid Cobh Ramblers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    With so much musical talent in Cobh as was recently visible at the Regatta and the recent event in Cobh GAA to get a support act for Frances Black, how about restarting the Cobh Ramblers Talent Competition with the winner to perform at an open air concert in Cobh Ramblers.

I am quite sure with the proper approach, a good headline performer/band could be persuaded to come here to Cobh and give a concert to aid Cobh Ramblers.
    Rambler's got talent
    can just see simon cowell and barry walsh judging the competition
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

Its good to see genuine interest in helping out,first off i think if something does happen it should go straight against loans the club has out not just handing over cash to the board members,i think longford have a members group which weekly pays off a debt the club has.If even a fiver a week was paid in im sure it would appeal to ppl as its small money.Credit history is vital to a small club like ours and the banks will be watching the league very closely in the next few months.Anything that involves fundraising for a lump sum would really want to be targeting 10-15k and at the current climate finances are thin so it has to be fresh and appealing to all age groups and ppl here should get involved posts might be that bit more posative if we are using our brains.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Firstly, for the record I want to state that I have never or would I ever want or indeed try to do anything to bring our Club into disripute and I am certainly not the person who leaked information.

Now with that out of the way, Guys, we have a great opportunity to use the great facilities we have to bring in some good money and create good will too.

Following the end of the football season, why can't we organise cabaret nights in the club which worked really well in the past and all door receipts going to a special fund. Lets do some outdoor concerts and get the Town Council and Local Chamber to help in sponsoring acts etc.

It can be done and I believe can bring in really good revenue.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Get Nicky back for a stint and the rest of the westlife gang.

Anyone have his phone number we could just ask him to do a concert!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post
    Get Nicky back for a stint and the rest of the westlife gang.

Anyone have his phone number we could just ask him to do a concert!!
    we would have to be quick cause sligo forum discussing same thing

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    I've been asking the fundraising commitee for the last 3-4 months if and when it's on this year. I keep getting the same response.........."It's On!"
    There doesn't seem to be a date set and the weather is disimproving so it would wanna be on fairly quick.
    I've heard Fota or Monkstown again being mentioned.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    fundraising is great and there are many ideas, you could do a pixel sale to name the next stand, have the golf classic, arrange a table quiz, dinner dances and all that,
    but what about cost cutting,
    i know the players took a pay cut, but what about other ways to cut, i would think make the match program more affordable, as was said they are making them at a loss, why not increase the price or reduce the expense, i hope the last match is the last match where there is no program available, need a bit more aggresion selling half-time tickets, the lads do a thankless job i know, but a bit more nagging would be great, im murder for not getting them, or even useing e-mail for letters, i have no bothers with that, it should be an option when you apply for your season ticket,

all the small things add up, with fundraising and basic cost cutting we will have the debth paid off in no time,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.