Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 54 of 394 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 7867

Thread: The say anything, what's on your mind thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The last few jokes on the joke thread are a disgrace...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpong View Post
    Agreed barely raised a smile, never mind a giggle
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    At the risk of being controversial, while it's sad that Jade Goody's passed away, is it really necessary for yet more 8 page tributes in the newspapers and overly gushy messages from people that barely knew the girl, only from what they read on OK magazine or whatever. She's also being painted as 2009's Princess Di.... Undoubtedly she's done a lot of good in awareness of cancer but the media coverage over here is getting unbearable, leave her and her family in peace.
    Last edited by Pauro 76; 24/03/2009 at 7:35 AM.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpong View Post
    I misread that and thought you said the last few jokes in this thread are a disgrace ... so I just wasted the last 5 minutes trawling back through the pages of this thread looking for the offending jokes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Referee in the Sunday League I play in is famed for dodgy decisions and mad
    cap comments. On Sunday one of our strikers hit a shot, it was deflected wide
    by defender and our winger shouted "corner ball" .... "No" shouts the ref ...
    "Its a round ball"

Another game, same ref ... ball goes out for a throw ... "Our ball" shouts one of
    our lads ... Ref replies ... "It might be your ball ... but its thier throw"

Closing minutes of another game ... same ref (very hard to get people to ref
    CCFL Division 3 games!!!). We 2-1 down, pushing everything forward ...
    "Time ref" asks one of the lads ... ref checks his watch ... "twenty to one"

Legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    At the risk of being controversial, while it's sad that Jade Goody's passed away, is it really necessary for yet more 8 page tributes in the newspapers and overly gushy messages from people that barely knew the girl, only from what they read on OK magazine or whatever. She's also being painted as 2009's Princess Di.... Undoubtedly she's done a lot of good in awareness of cancer but the media coverage over here is getting unbearable, leave her and her family in peace.
    Agree. Even though I am a fan of hers I dont want to read about her constantly, I dont want to see her on tv constantly either. Thankfully its a little tamer here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Agree. Even though I am a fan of hers I dont want to read about her constantly, I dont want to see her on tv constantly either. Thankfully its a little tamer here.
    I don't mind coverage that she's died, so much.. But it's the whole media-driven 'Essex Princess' thing and 8 page pullouts that really grinds my gears. And there was an Irish flag left at a shrine too. Why?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't mind coverage that she's died, so much.. But it's the whole media-driven 'Essex Princess' thing and 8 page pullouts that really grinds my gears. And there was an Irish flag left at a shrine too. Why?
    Irish fan maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    Irish fan maybe?

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    As a cheapo who empties the dust from the bag in my vacuum cleaner, then reuses the bag for as long as possible, I always wonder why the dust is a uniform grey colour.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    But it's the whole media-driven 'Essex Princess' thing and 8 page pullouts that really grinds my gears.
    I was watching TV today, thinking it was Sky news, and was surprised at the sudden increase in quality of reporting and detail, as well as the lack of Goody-related news.

It was only when I changed channels that I realised I had been watching the BBC. They show much less trivial crap* on their news, and focus on real news stories. I think it is channels like Sky and newspapers like The Sun which know that they can manipulate people into caring about something and buying / consuming the media covering that issue.

*Jade Goody's death is not crap and is a tragedy, but is really just another cancer death, and no more a tragedy than any of the other victims of the disease dying every day without glorification in some sections of the media. In that sense is is a trivial news topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I was watching TV today, thinking it was Sky news, and was surprised at the sudden increase in quality of reporting and detail, as well as the lack of Goody-related news.

It was only when I changed channels that I realised I had been watching the BBC. They show much less trivial crap* on their news, and focus on real news stories. I think it is channels like Sky and newspapers like The Sun which know that they can manipulate people into caring about something and buying / consuming the media covering that issue.

*Jade Goody's death is not crap and is a tragedy, but is really just another cancer death, and no more a tragedy than any of the other victims of the disease dying every day without glorification in some sections of the media. In that sense is is a trivial news topic.
    Sky and the Sun owned by Rupert Murdoch.... hmm coincidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The thread should be renamed cause i just found out that i can't actually say anything thats on my mind in here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like the word... "TETCHY"
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock MIB View Post
    The thread should be renamed cause i just found out that i can't actually say anything thats on my mind in here
    Speak your mind Jock , we will listen but be mindful that you do not offend. Best bet is to try and keep it to a select topic so that way you will only run the chance of offending a minority.Also bear in mind that if you offend a minority of one then that could lead to the breakdown of all that is good in the world.

Personally I would only allow practising Roman Catholics to join and moderate a forum where everyone hides behind a username . That way if they unwittingly offend anyone , because this is the hard part to grasp, they don't know anything about them or their history or who their family is then the Roman Catholic in them will slowly eat them up with guilt.
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Speak your mind Jock , we will listen but be mindful that you do not offend. Best bet is to try and keep it to a select topic so that way you will only run the chance of offending a minority.Also bear in mind that if you offend a minority of one then that could lead to the breakdown of all that is good in the world.

Personally I would only allow practising Roman Catholics to join and moderate a forum where everyone hides behind a username . That way if they unwittingly offend anyone , because this is the hard part to grasp, they don't know anything about them or their history or who their family is then the Roman Catholic in them will slowly eat them up with guilt.
    the problem it seems to be that i am offending a minority of one and it looks like that person has more power than the man above when it comes to censorship
    Last edited by Jock MIB; 25/03/2009 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    i hate dictators

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    i hate dictators
    Yep..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Jock MIB suspended 1 week for trolling.

oscar, a web forum is a dictatorship by definition, someone has to hold the keys. If you have an absolute moral objection to dictatorships, you should take an absolute moral position, stand up for your beliefs, and stop visiting all web forums, social networks, and most websites.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Why haven't Pret A Manger or Greggs ever opened in Dublin? I just had the worst sandwich ever from M&S, the cheese was like rubber and the lettuce was rank! The standard of pre packed sandwiches is terrible here!! The freshly made ones aren't much better either......why is lunch so cr@p???
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi