Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Team/Teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Mooney has crossed over the magic divide that suddenly turns someone into a great player.

MOONEY FOR IRELAND?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    This game with Georgia is huge .. 3 points is everything for us and we need to put this guys away and keep them in their own half.

I would like to see Trap just go ahead a name him, Andy and Carsley ..Maybe even get another game against a club ...St Pats or Bohs etc.

He could have a play about with the line up and formation .

Also I know Folan has never done much with his clubs but I was really impressed with him in the Notts game and the Poland game. Georgia wouldnt have a clue about him or even what to do.

Trap could try something like this

Given
    Finnan O'Shea Dunne Kilbane

Carsley Whelan Duff
    Ireland
    Keane
    Doyle

Throw on Long and Folan after 75 mins and let them run amok.
    Andrews or Gibson for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bwagner View Post
    This game with Georgia is huge .. 3 points is everything for us and we need to put this guys away and keep them in their own half.

I would like to see Trap just go ahead a name him, Andy and Carsley ..Maybe even get another game against a club ...St Pats or Bohs etc.

Also I know Folan has never done much with his clubs but I was really impressed with him in the Notts game and the Poland game. Georgia wouldnt have a clue about him or even what to do.

Trap could try something like this

Given
    Finnan O'Shea Dunne Kilbane

Carsley Whelan Duff
    Ireland
    Keane
    Doyle

Throw on Long and Folan after 75 mins and let them run amok.
    Andrews or Gibson for Ireland
    Yeah nice one, naming Andy Reid and then bringing on Whelan, Folan and the Gibson Muppet in front of him, that'll show Reid who's the boss!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if we had all r players fit and available i wud def ave the followin team (with 1 r 2 decisions stil to make)

----------------------given---------------------
    finnan-------dunne------------oshea--------kelly
    -------------------(carlsey/s.reid)---------------
    mcgeady--------ireland-------------------duff---
    ------------------------------keane-------------
    -------------doyle------------------------------

kilbane isnt a good left back at all and hasnt been playin ftbal at al recently...
    ...i think reid showed he wud do a great job as a dmf against georgia and montengro in r 1st games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwagner View Post

Shamrock Rovers new stadium is due to be completed around the time of the Georgia game (Feb 11th), and will be looking for a big game to open the stadium. The FAI would be happy to raise the profile of the domestic game in the eyes of plastics, and so a SRFC v. Ireland B? a week or 3 days before the game might be a possibility if there's a chance to fit it in with the players club duties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    the Gibson Muppet
    Well harsh. Surely a 21-year-old footballer, who has had a few nervous performances for his country, deserves encouragement, not childish derision. He may not be as popular as Garvan, McCann, etc, with the posters on here, but he's a young lad, and he could be important for us in the future, and he has the attitude to suggest so. Anyone remember the nightmares Cascarino, Staunton, Cunningham, Carsley and Duff endured before they established themselves as internationals? Give the lad a break.
    Last edited by Supreme feet; 17/12/2008 at 6:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Shamrock Rovers new stadium is due to be completed around the time of the Georgia game (Feb 11th), and will be looking for a big game to open the stadium. The FAI would be happy to raise the profile of the domestic game in the eyes of plastics, and so a SRFC v. Ireland B? a week or 3 days before the game might be a possibility if there's a chance to fit it in with the players club duties.
    Big Game? I'm sure Shamrock Rovers would be looking for more illustrious opponents than the Ireland B team although I'd imagine the opening game at the new stadium would be a sell-out regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorgan87 View Post
    if we had all r players fit and available i wud def ave the followin team (with 1 r 2 decisions stil to make)

----------------------given---------------------
    finnan-------dunne------------oshea--------kelly
    -------------------(carlsey/s.reid)---------------
    mcgeady--------ireland-------------------duff---
    ------------------------------keane-------------
    -------------doyle------------------------------

kilbane isnt a good left back at all and hasnt been playin ftbal at al recently...
    ...i think reid showed he wud do a great job as a dmf against georgia and montengro in r 1st games
    Most of your team is pretty much waht is picked anyway, but that one position of left back is a bad choice. Stephen Kelly is a natural right back and a decent one. He looks horribly uncomfortable when defending on his left side and generally ends up booked, red carded or having a mare out there because he isnt tackling with his naturally stronger side. I like the guy and think he is good back up for Finnan, but at left back he is a complete no no for me.

I have no idea where this "He's a left back" talk came from, because he isnt

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerNThongs View Post
    Stephen Kelly is a natural right back and a decent one. He looks horribly uncomfortable when defending on his left side and generally ends up booked, red carded or having a mare out there because he isnt tackling with his naturally stronger side. I like the guy and think he is good back up for Finnan, but at left back he is a complete no no for me.

I have no idea where this "He's a left back" talk came from, because he isnt
    I wouldn't be a fan of him there either but he has played there a good few times for Birmingham and Spurs in the premiership.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    I wouldn't be a fan of him there either but he has played there a good few times for Birmingham and Spurs in the premiership.
    Ya, but it started out as a make shift thing and then he fell out of favor with Spurs in that position and hence why he mocved to Birmingham. It took a few months of persuasion if I'm not mistaken, for them to realise, he isnt very good there, but is capable on the correct side.

Any time I saw him play there for both clubs, he was getting destroyed by mediocre players, and it's been no different when i have seen him wear the Green left back jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerNThongs View Post
    Ya, but it started out as a make shift thing and then he fell out of favor with Spurs in that position and hence why he mocved to Birmingham. It took a few months of persuasion if I'm not mistaken, for them to realise, he isnt very good there, but is capable on the correct side.
    He had a decent run at right full for Spurs in the second half of the 2004/2005 season when the first choice (think it was Pamarot) got injured, even notched a few goals. When he came back at the start of the 2005/2006 season, Kelly got dropped to the bench, played less games than in 2004/2005 and moved on to Birmingham for first team football.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Big Game? I'm sure Shamrock Rovers would be looking for more illustrious opponents than the Ireland B team although I'd imagine the opening game at the new stadium would be a sell-out regardless.
    Speaking as a Rovers fan I think a game versus an Ireland XI coached by Trapattoni wouldn't be half bad. Far better than playing a British side, which has already been correctly ruled out by the board. The first game will be a sell out I'd imagine, but for the "neutral" new Tallaght fans a game against an Irish XI may capture the imagination more than one against a medium to big name side from the continent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    What about Lee Carsley and Dean Kiely.... should they have apologised first before returning to play after retiring
    They weren't 22 years old when they did it..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    I wouldn't mind Garven or McCann to get a shot on the team so everyone sees how average they look at a higher level and stops treating them like midfield saviours.

I think that giving them "a shot" is all that has ever been advocated on this site. The fact is that they have done at least as much as Whelan, Gibson, Andrews to deserve that opportunity and its not as if any of the aforementioned have looked like international world-beaters. This is an opinion, and therefore comes with a hefty big health warning, but I do think that both Garvan and McCann will end up playing more regularly at a higher level than Gibson or Whelan and that Andrews is destined for a swift return to lower league football. This is not to suggest that they are saviours, simply that they might be better than the obviously medioce incumbants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    a week or 3 days before the game might be a possibility if there's a chance to fit it in with the players club duties.
    Ya, are you thinking they might be able to travel over on the Sunday and play after playing on saturday? Sure the clubs will have no problem releasing their players for a high profile B international the wednesday prior either even though those clubs are likely to have a match........
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12