Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daisy (Glynn in or out)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    What have people against Jorgensen? For the first time all season (bar when O'Flynn played) the ball is not coming straight back at the defence because someone has the ability to hold it up up front. I think he has been a major addition to the side, is better with ball to feet than Molloy, Glynn or Faherty, and am inclined to agree with choice of him and Molloy up front. Next time Glynn plays, watch how many times he tracks back when we don't have the ball, watch how many tackles he makes, and you'll see why he is only on the bench.
    I see your point, Molloy harried the Athlone back four in the last game... didn't allow anyone make easy clearances... the boy seems to have a good work ethic. Glynn's a finisher though... and lord we need goals...
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I think that 'performance' from Glynn puts this debate to bed once and for all. He looked disinterested, standing still too often and never threatened
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Hate to say this, but I agree with you Woodquay. He got his chance, he failed miserably to take it.
    If YOU are not part of the solution,
    YOU ARE part of the problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I think that 'performance' from Glynn puts this debate to bed once and for all. He looked disinterested, standing still too often and never threatened

Glynn is a player that needs space to run into. He was never going to be effective against 9 men camped on their 18 yeard line. The cobh game is ideal for him as both teams need a win and both teams will have to push forward to try and get it. However after last night i cant see jeff playing him and if he does not play for the next 2 games that will be us relegated.

gg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Glynn is a striker. He is supposed to create chances and score goals. I used to think he was being unfairly treated and that he should start 'cos he was sure to score. I've now revised my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry-Lander View Post
    Glynn is a striker. He is supposed to create chances and score goals. I used to think he was being unfairly treated and that he should start 'cos he was sure to score. I've now revised my opinion.

He is still the best of a bad lot. If the dane keeps playing the way he is he will have a record to match leech or vinny.

Maybe its time to give the molloy glynn partnership a try.

gg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I agree with Gordon - Glynn was never going to score against a packed Bohs defence.

Faherty is definitely not going to feature against Cobh - start Glynn and Molloy, with the Great Dane coming on during the match ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    The great Dane, in his short spell with us, has already a much better record than Leech. He tackles, he can hold the ball up, he chases things down. Glynn watches as an opposition player strolls past him with the ball.
    To say you can't judge him on last night as he was never going to score against a packed defence is hogwash - he is a striker for chris.t's sake. That is a shocking attitude to have: 'ah sure, there were lots of defenders God love him.' Rubbish, he is a striker, it doesn't matter how the opposition is set up, or how many of them there are, he is paid to score goals

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

the

great dane is paid to score goals u expect the rest to be in his game for starters, glynn only had a third of the game last night the great dane had the full 90. I was shocked though at the lack of movement up front when we were pressing from the back. They were all standing still, the bohs lads didnt have to move they had 3 lads there for the whole last 1/2 hour and no one tried to pull them around. Their goalie is brilliant though you would have to grant them that

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

J.J.

jj had a chance in the first half from 6 yrds out and managed to hit fresh air instead,Glynn would have buried that,heck i would have buried that,poor.
    Bohs did park the bus for last twenty mins and i heard Jeff more then once roaring at our strikers,midfielders to "come out" and draw out bohs but wasnt going to work.Once again we concede inside 10mins and once again we didnt shoot and when we did it was pi** poor.
    Just have to say we were playing the champions elect last night,some of their football around midfield was impressive and their style of play is excellent.Crowe actually hinders them i think,wayyyy too slow for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The great Dane, in his short spell with us, has already a much better record than Leech. He tackles, he can hold the ball up, he chases things down. Glynn watches as an opposition player strolls past him with the ball.
    To say you can't judge him on last night as he was never going to score against a packed defence is hogwash - he is a striker for chris.t's sake. That is a shocking attitude to have: 'ah sure, there were lots of defenders God love him.' Rubbish, he is a striker, it doesn't matter how the opposition is set up, or how many of them there are, he is paid to score goals

The great Dane with one goal against the mighty Athlone town has hardly a better record than leech. At least leech could win a few headers the Dane somehow manages to grow to 4ft2 when the ball is in the air. The Dane does appear to have more potential than leech but that wont keep us in the premier division. All that will keep us in this division is goals and the only proven goal scorer we have spends most of the time on the bench. We should be changing our style of play (if we have one) to suit Glynn not trying to change Glynn to suit us.

If glynn start next's week he will score, You cant say the same thing about any of our other strikers with any confidence.

gg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Were you in Terryland at all this season GG? Leech never won a header, simply because he always ducked out of challenges. And while Jorgensen may have only scored against Athlone, Leech played what, 15 games for us, and scored the same amount. Jorgensen does win ball in the air, and I think he is the one who is needed up front next week. It will be a real dogfight, and I'd rather have a Great Dane over a Daisy in a dogfight any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Were you in Terryland at all this season GG? Leech never won a header, simply because he always ducked out of challenges. And while Jorgensen may have only scored against Athlone, Leech played what, 15 games for us, and scored the same amount. Jorgensen does win ball in the air, and I think he is the one who is needed up front next week. It will be a real dogfight, and I'd rather have a Great Dane over a Daisy in a dogfight any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE=2]Well I hope your right but the 20 odd games leech played and the 10 odd games the Dane played stand against you. Over the last 2 years the only proven goal scorer we have is on the bench. If leech played every game against Athlone im sure he would be getting the legend status you are reserving for the Dane but we cant play them every week. It is looking more likely the more away games that glynn is on the bench that we will be playing Athlone much more often next season

I respect your opinion but at the end of the day if im proven correct it looks like glynn wont play and we will be relegated , if your correct we stay up and the Dane scores 10 goals in the next 10 games.

What seems the most likely??

Im quiet happy to stake 400 Euro on Glynn to score more than the dane over the rest of the season either way the loser sponsors a player?
    Its time to put up or shut up and either way the club wins?? It might add a bit of bite to the team if you agree to this?? With a bit of luck we stay up and the club get a handy 400 Euro either way.

gg
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    [I respect your opinion but at the end of the day if im proven correct it looks like glynn wont play and we will be relegated , if your correct we stay up and the Dane scores 10 goals in the next 10 games.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Im quiet happy to stake 400 Euro on Glynn to score more than the dane over the rest of the season either way the loser sponsors a player? [/SIZE]

Glynn playing or not playing cannot be directly linked to relegation / survival. There is no way to prove a correlation. Even if he plays and scores 20 goals and we stay up it cannot be proven that any other player who doesn't play would not have scored.

Secondly, if either of you have €400 spare cash why not just sponsor a player anyway. As you said time to put up or shut up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Don't be such a child, I'm not affording Jorgensen legendary status, simply stating my opinion that I think he offers the team more than Glynn does in his present state

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I dont think JJ is all he's cracked up to be. With I Dav and Jay coming down the wings on Sat I know who I want in there to run onto the ball.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean View Post
    I dont think JJ is all he's cracked up to be. With I Dav and Jay coming down the wings on Sat I know who I want in there to run onto the ball.
    I know who I want in there too. My point all along has been the fact he probably won't bother his a.rse running on to the ball, that is why he is on the bench.
    Anyway, if JJ or DG score, then we're all winners, and if they both score, well, WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean View Post
    Ruud Van Nistlerooy!
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12