Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: 96fm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

96fm

No need to go on to the air and embarrass the club, got ripped to shreads.
    i cringed everytime The Chairman was asked questions which i knew he wouldn't answer.
    Negatives beat the positives from this.
    "history is good but it only emphasises recent failure"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I missed it all. I was fast asleep

I caught the last 15 seconds of the interview with a member called John!..............which basically involved Mick Mulcahy saying "thanks and we'll probably take this up again Monday"

Can anyone give me the jist of what happened???
    Last edited by rambler14; 15/08/2008 at 10:57 AM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The auld fella just told me what happened and according to him, Barry got murdered by Frank O'Brien who was only on as a representitive of the MSL crew.

For those of you who don't know Frank O'Brien. He's not from Cobh, he has never been to a Ramblers match in his life and works as the rugby commentator on 103fm..........he's actually a very good commentator, he curses away at 3 o'clock in the afternoon calling the players all sorts of names,..........no censorship!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I didnt think Joe Dowling was a trustee of the club I thought he was a Vice President.

Anyone know who the trustees are?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

96 fm

I heard most of the interview and I be quite honest they tried ambushed your Chairman. This so called reporter from my view was taking bull****.
    As your chairman said there was develoment of 1.6 m euro went into the ground where as a club you had to come up with 350k at least.
    A reporter should not be bias but from what I heard this guy was part of the msl group and all the info was given to him by them, again one sided reporter.
    If your club is valued at 4m euro and you have debths of 150k like any other company or house ower you can if you wanted to mortgage and clear off the debt you can.
    This is different to city they have no ground or any think to go to a bank to get backing Cobh do.
    Did City go on air or the paper to tell the world who they owe mone to !!!! no they did not and any company/ club in their right mind would not do so.
    Guys back your Chairman, back your manager and back your club after all how many of your player are earning 2k or more a week as players.
    and if you go back down to 1st div so what you now know what is needed to get back up and stay up.
    the sub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post
    I didnt think Joe Dowling was a trustee of the club I thought he was a Vice President.

Anyone know who the trustees are?
    According to the Chairman, John Meade and himself (Barry Walsh) are the club trustees.
    eircom league div 1 champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret & Blue View Post
    According to the Chairman, John Meade and himself (Barry Walsh) are the club trustees.
    yes thats what he said
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You guys must have heard a different interview to me. Yes it was an ambush but in my book Barry Walsh handled it very well . O'Brien is a plonker and as one of you already said, was representing the other side. I actually thought Mick Mulcahy got a bit embarrassed and intervened to bring a bit of balance back into it.

O Brien overstepped the mark of impartial journalism and made 96 fm look bad. O'Brien openenly admitted he was basing his argument and questions on one man who hasnt been a club member for years, and others who are no longer officers. I think Barry in some places showed up his info to be out of date and questionable! We will hear more of!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    overall it was quite sad our club has been brought to the level of arguing on the radio, we seem to stumble from one mess to another
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    overall it was quite sad our club has been brought to the level of arguing on the radio, we seem to stumble from one mess to another
    It wasn't really fair on Barry as Mick said that Frank O'Brien was only put on air after Barry started. It looked like an ambush, there were a few questions which barry took too long to answer but he got through it.

As someone else has said, it was like an ambush and Frank kept harping on about meeting Barry in Rochestown Park Hotel, asking him the same questions and got the same answers this morning.

Really there was probably no need for the interview, an offical statement from the Chairman on behalf of the committee would have been sufficient but fair play to Barry for going on air and putting the facts out there for everyone.

We all need to get behind the club and do whatever we can to help with the finances. I for one thought The Rebel Rams idea was more of an option than the original plan but whatever the club finally come back with, we have to help out.
    eircom league div 1 champions

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lets be clear about one thing Ramsfan, The club didnt just stumble from one problem to this one. This was a carefully orchestrated ambush intiated by people who failed by 4-1 at the last EGM and who didnt even buy a Sunderland ticket to support their 'So called Club' in its time of need. If you listened to Frank O'Briens interview you would have heard that atleast one of those people isnt even a club member, the others are former committee officers.

Why did 96FM cancel a pre-recorded interview broadcast with those people some weeks ago? Becasue the station was unsure of the vialbility of the infomation and facts it was given. Thats why Frank O'Brien wanted to draw blood yesterday when he had Barry on air. Despite everything else, Barry actually debunked some of that misinformation and in doing so, showed up Frank O'Brien for being a one-sided and biased journalist -trying to make a story out of nothing!

Heres a simple question. Regarless of what people think or feel about our current Chairman and his committee, Would you like to see back in control, those who have blantantly ignored the democratic mandate given to the chairman by you the members and who conduct their business in such a clandestine manner, and dragging the reputation of our club through the muck at every oppotunity? -What would they be like if they got their hands on the controls, and is there really a contest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i would like to issue an apology to john o sullivan, for comments i made about him in an earlier post, i have been informed with the correct information on the situation at the time, and i made totally inaccurate acusations based on the information i recieved prior to them being corrected.

my sincere appolgies to john o sullivan
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Heard that interview the other day while in our club shop and everyone there agreed it was an absolute disgrace. Frank whatever should be ashamed of himself