Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Who would pay €1,000 for 5 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who would pay €1,000 for 5 years

Who would be interested in paying €1,000 for a 5 year membership?
    If the club was to offer this deal would you take it up?
    Give a simple y/n to guage the interest
    Division 1 Champions 2007
    Bring on the City derbies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Are we that desperate now or something, i have my loan of 2k out just waiting to sign it.

Theres no way people (bar OAPs or family tickets IMO) should get the same deal for 1k cheaper,

This isnt official you should stress that rebel ram, well id presume it isnt official, if people wish to donate 1k or 1 hundred i'd imagine it would be welcomed wit open arms.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Are we that desperate now or something, i have my loan of 2k out just waiting to sign it.

Theres no way people (bar OAPs or family tickets IMO) should get the same deal for 1k cheaper,

This isnt official you should stress that rebel ram, well id presume it isnt official, if people wish to donate 1k or 1 hundred i'd imagine it would be welcomed wit open arms.

Lads,

This is becoming very messy altogether.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Lads,

This is becoming very messy altogether.
    Correct Luka
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only reason for it is that there seems to be f all input from others on how to generate bobs quickly and I can't see there being a big take-up on the €2,000 offer.
    We need ideas not critisism, and there doesn't seem to be many coming through...........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The knockers are always the last to produce ideas or alternatives!

Maybe Frank O'Brien of 96FM can sort out all our problems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Tough times for everyone, I hate to say it but if the Club constitution allows it you might have to think about selling the ground and leasing it back over time or sell it completely and share with with you're good mates City, the journey isn't too daunting for Cobh people and you might even get bigger gates with away fans and city folk coming along..... both Clubs need the money, and it could secure the future of both clubs by increasing the revenue being generated on gates and reducing the maintenance/staffing costs and would make ground sponsorship more appealling.....

DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT OVER THIS... IT'S JUST AN IDEA THAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE!
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    Tough times for everyone, I hate to say it but if the Club constitution allows it you might have to think about selling the ground and leasing it back over time or sell it completely and share with with you're good mates City, the journey isn't too daunting for Cobh people and you might even get bigger gates with away fans and city folk coming along..... both Clubs need the money, and it could secure the future of both clubs by increasing the revenue being generated on gates and reducing the maintenance/staffing costs and would make ground sponsorship more appealling.....

DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT OVER THIS... IT'S JUST AN IDEA THAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE!
    How about us sharing St. Colman's Park with City, could be a nice earner for Cobh and a cheaper option for City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Ram View Post
    How about us sharing St. Colman's Park with City, could be a nice earner for Cobh and a cheaper option for City
    Yes, and at least one of us will still own there own ground that way!!
    eircom league div 1 champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so sell our milti million euro ground to pay a debth thats less than half the price of a house
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Genius!
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    so sell our milti million euro ground to pay a debth thats less than half the price of a house
    The grounds not much good to ya if the club goes to the wall.... the sell and lease back might attract a group of investors who would have an asset to invest against.... it's been done before... most investors look at football as a financial black hole with big money in, nothing out and no assets to fall back on, 2-3 medium investors + supporters group could swing it... set the club up for years....
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Genius!
    At last my talents have been recognised

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    They tried that before and this happened!

It would be a resounding failure IMO.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Lads I think it's time we stopped being a members owned club and brought in investors because 160 odd people who arn't millionares can't keep a club running where as two or 3 people who are can easily do it.

There are millionares in Cobh and it's well known there are and in my opinion I think it's time we asked them to become part of Cobh Ramblers.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Lads I think it's time we stopped being a members owned club and brought in investors because 160 odd people who arn't millionares can't keep a club running where as two or 3 people who are can easily do it.

There are millionares in Cobh and it's well known there are and in my opinion I think it's time we asked them to become part of Cobh Ramblers.
    they all refused, as they all caught you stalking them

i said this months ago, its not that the club doesnt work, its the fact its a member club is the reason it doesnt work, you cant run such a big operation with part-time voluntary members, and to say were in as little debth as we are goes to show how hard these people work for the club, with no pay
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its not that the miliioneres havent been asked, they have, but the existing members we do have, are holding out. In the absense of alternative ideas or financial plans beeing put in place, it soon wont matter, and all you guys could in future be writing here about what might have been.

Its at the stage now where I've heard people using the silly (players loan debate/fiasco) as an excuse for not taking out the loan themselves (anything to avoid signing the dotted line themselves). All I can say, is there are alot of Niro's fiddling and posting on here while Rome is burning around them. The sad thing about it, is that many will exchange fiddles for fingers later when its time for pointing the blame!

I can honestly predict that the next EGM will be brought about by the members own lack of action and accountability/Responsibility. Lets not forget its a members/owned club. The senior committee are not blamless here also, partcularly in the manner which they delivered this initially, but some of the excuses I've read since from members were pathetic to say the least. Yet I've only read one single alternative idea since!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post

If these 160 or so members gave 1000 euros is that not the debt covered as you say above its a members run club. 160X1000=160,000 problem solved?
    Bake em away Toys

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    If these 160 or so members gave 1000 euros is that not the debt covered as you say above its a members run club. 160X1000=160,000 problem solved?
    Whats the future then???, after we all cough up €1000...........................more debt!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No R 14, not if its properly managed. The alternative - and preferred one seems to be to do nothing! A bit of honesty here would go a long way and make this thread alot more interesting and productive!