Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tickets for home games - forms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Tickets for home games - forms

Afternoon All
    Can any of ye boys let me know via this thread when you get the form for allocation of home tickets please.
    My tickets and forms get sent to my sisters house and I'm worried she won't bother letting me know I have post there. (I live in the uk and prefer to have my tickets posted to an address in Dublin)

Ta muchly

DK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    Afternoon All
    Can any of ye boys let me know via this thread when you get the form for allocation of home tickets please.
    My tickets and forms get sent to my sisters house and I'm worried she won't bother letting me know I have post there. (I live in the uk and prefer to have my tickets posted to an address in Dublin)

Ta muchly

DK
    No problem........I'll post on here the moment after She rings me!!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    These must surely be out soon.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    usually sent out the day we go abroad for an away game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Arrived in the post this morning.

No price change either -70 euro for Cusack Lower for Cyprus, 55 for Poland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yep arrived this morning 50 for Cyrus and 40 for Poland, Davin Stand.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    feck im finding it hard at the moment, pity this wasn't a bit later.

so they have put the Cyprus qualifier with the polish game?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Joe View Post
    Yep arrived this morning 50 for Cyrus and 40 for Poland, Davin Stand.
    Yes they have the BB's by the short and curlies for the friendlies
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I got my form yesterday. A weeks notice ro raise 500€ for a game in Oct and a game in Nov. How is that acceptable? I won't see the rest of the guys in my group before next friday and I cannot pay 500 off the cuff like that. I'm raging.
    Worked it out last night. They'll get 2.8 million early for the cyprus game to sit in a bank. That'll gather a nice bit of interest.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest I think the FAI are way out of order with the way they sell their tickets. It's not a cheap exercise going to games anymore and rather than rewarding their loyal customers they are screwing them. They're basically saying that we have a nice friendly lined up and you can't go to the qualifier unless you go to the friendly also. In effect you are paying double the price to see a qualifier..................lets face it the friendly in November is just a money spinner for the FAI.
    I am not happy with the idea that I have to purchase the same amount of tickets for all games particularly friendlies.
    I'm getting to the stage where I'll continue to go to away games but I am strongly considering canceling my BB for home games. This idea of having to buy for two games at a time is unfair and as somebody already stated one of those games is not for 3 months.
    There'll be snow on that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    what's the deadline lads? My forms haven't arrived yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddladd View Post
    To be honest I think the FAI are way out of order with the way they sell their tickets. It's not a cheap exercise going to games anymore and rather than rewarding their loyal customers they are screwing them. They're basically saying that we have a nice friendly lined up and you can't go to the qualifier unless you go to the friendly also. In effect you are paying double the price to see a qualifier..................lets face it the friendly in November is just a money spinner for the FAI.
    I am not happy with the idea that I have to purchase the same amount of tickets for all games particularly friendlies.
    I'm getting to the stage where I'll continue to go to away games but I am strongly considering canceling my BB for home games. This idea of having to buy for two games at a time is unfair and as somebody already stated one of those games is not for 3 months.
    Surely offering their loyal customers a guaranteed ticket for every home game is rewarding them and not screwing them.

I know plenty of rugby and GAA fans who would love the opportunity to be guaranteed tickets for big games because they go to the so called "mickey mouse" ones.

there is a waiting list for block bookings. The people o nthat who buy the tickets when offered are moving up to become block bookers.

The senior team is the FAI's main source of revenue to run football in this country. I think the BB system is a great way of selling tickets, rewarding the loyal fans and earning income as well.

Remember away tickets are sold to BBers first as well. While in most cases you'll get in anyway it will be harder to get tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Surely offering their loyal customers a guaranteed ticket for every home game is rewarding them and not screwing them.

I know plenty of rugby and GAA fans who would love the opportunity to be guaranteed tickets for big games because they go to the so called "mickey mouse" ones.

there is a waiting list for block bookings. The people o nthat who buy the tickets when offered are moving up to become block bookers.

The senior team is the FAI's main source of revenue to run football in this country. I think the BB system is a great way of selling tickets, rewarding the loyal fans and earning income as well.

Remember away tickets are sold to BBers first as well. While in most cases you'll get in anyway it will be harder to get tickets.
    No offence but I think saying that the FAI is "rewarding" BBs is rubbish.... I've been block booking for approx 15 years...originally to retain your spot as a BB you were only obliged to take tickets for w/cup or euro games... then and I can still remember it, we were sent a letter from Fran Rooney telling us how as a valued customer blah blah the FAI (Rooney) had decided to offer us the same number of tickets for friendlies...and in the small print he told us that if we didn't take them we'd lose our BB allocation for the compeditive games....

So now I end up taking 4 tickets for all games..which are used by me and my kids... so being forced to buy tickets for the Poland game on a winters school night IMO is being rightly screwed... as a loyal customer the least a BB should get is a discount... as the economy tightens methinks the FAI are going to find that many of their BBs just won't be able to affored to buy tickets.

slightly off topic..but I wonder what approach will they take with BBs when it comes to Lansdowne... they need to sell 10,000 premium seats, so wonder will they be also offering BBs the same allocation as they currently have or will they try to force us to buy the premium seats ??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    But it's not offering you a ticket it's telling you that you have to buy one or you won't get future tickets. Can't understand how that is rewarding your loyal customers. I take five tickets for each game and more often than not it costs me more than the price of the ticket to go to the friendlies!
    There'll be snow on that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    But it's not offering you a ticket it's telling you that you have to buy one or you won't get future tickets. Can't understand how that is rewarding your loyal customers. I take five tickets for each game and more often than not it costs me more than the price of the ticket to go to the friendlies!
    It's giving you the chance to buy them for the glamour games as well.

Take rugby, when England come to town a huge number of tickets end up in corporate hands, mainly sold by the clubs. Is that a fairer system? I know of one Kerry GAA fan who was at their first All Ireland round 1 game with 499 other people at home in Kerry 2 or 3 years ago. He attended every subsequent round until Kerry went to the final and he got no ticket. His father gave him his ticket in the end and missed the game himself. Now they had far far bigger crowds at subsequent rounds but I'm sure many people at the final were attending their only game of the year. Similiar story with Galway a couple of years back.

There were 4 home game slast year, 4 this year and probably the same next year or maybe a playoff as well. If they went back to a free for all then I could guarantee the people who went to Serbia and Poland would miss out on Italy, Brazil and Germany.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why take 5 tickets?

I have a booking for 7, the same 7 people use them all the time, so really I only hae 1 ticket and the others are held in trust.

Are you just keeping others on the list for the big games??

The BB system is by far the fairest system going.
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I agree with gspain, i think its a fair system. I only get one ticket cause when i have spare tickets for the smaller games Im often left with them.

Just logged in and paid my €90 for the Upper Hogan. I think the upper tier is way better for soccer cause the pitch is way too far away from the lower parts of the bottom tier.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomkerry View Post
    I agree with gspain, i think its a fair system. I only get one ticket cause when i have spare tickets for the smaller games Im often left with them.

Just logged in and paid my €90 for the Upper Hogan. I think the upper tier is way better for soccer cause the pitch is way too far away from the lower parts of the bottom tier.
    Ya i agree, was upper tier for the German game and was much better than most areas of lower tier. Althou i was in premium level for one game and that probably is the best view of all. Cant wait to get back to LR though, Croker doesnt suit football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The block booking system per se is fine.

The ticket prices and the ridiculous turnaround times are less fine, particularly for large block bookings.

This should be done months ahead as other organisations manage to do (eg IRFU tickets for the Autumn internationals are all sorted and the 6 Nations will be done by early Autumn).

Expecting turnaround within a week is simply administrative incompetence on the FAI's behalf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    There are two issues here as far as I'm concerned.
    One is the way they offer tickets, which I'm happy with. It means I'm guarenteed a ticket for all games, which if the system wasn't in place, I wouldn't be. And as a fan why would I consider myself deserving of a ticket vs Italy if I couldn't be ar$ed going to the China game? I wonder why the game against Poland was organised for November? Guarenteed money spinner thats why. Large Polish community here and any sort of decent start will pull the Irish punters in too. But charging €50 for a Nov friendly is ridiculous and is definitely treating your customers with contempt. I'd love to see these type of friendlies go to Cork or Limerick. Then at least I'd know it would be about rewarding the fans or getting extra practice for the Senior team. I'd still travel to the games.

The main issue I have is the notice of paying and the amount of time between payment and the games. I have to shell out €500 for the 4 regular tickets that I get. Thats a tall order at the moment, particularily as two that had said they'd go have pulled out. Which leaves me with a sh1tty shortfall with one weeks notice. I wouldn't mind but I actually get out very rare, Ireland matches are what keep me going from month to month, and when they start to leave a bad taste in the mouth thats hard to take.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast