Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Questions for Trapattoni

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Questions for Trapattoni

I've listened to a couple of the press conferences that they have at FAI headquarters for squad announcements... I find them really frustrating... The journalists seem to ask the most boring and obvious questions about the same things every time... I wish that they would ask him questions about the potential for calling up players like James McCarthy or Barry Maguire, but they never seem to bother with what really matters for the future of Irish football...

I don't know who runs this site, but I wonder is there potential for an interview with Trapattoni (or even Brady or Tardelli) based on questions from people on this forum. It seems to me that there are a lot of people on this forum who genuinely care about the national team, so I'm sure the FAI would consider accommodation such a request... Has this been attempted before?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    who is barry maguire sorry

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Maguire is the son of an Irishman and a Dutchwoman who plays for FC Utrecht in Holland. He seems to be fairly highly rated.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Didnt he finally declare for Holland? Or is that another guy we are having a tug-of -love with the Dutch FA over.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    Didnt he finally declare for Holland? Or is that another guy we are having a tug-of -love with the Dutch FA over.
    Has played underage for Holland but seems open to a change if asked.

There's a thread on him a couple of pages bac if you want more info on it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Is stephen ireland the maximus gigantimus gob***** you have ever met in your entire life Giovanni?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musicinmouth View Post
    I've listened to a couple of the press conferences that they have at FAI headquarters for squad announcements... I find them really frustrating... The journalists seem to ask the most boring and obvious questions about the same things every time... I wish that they would ask him questions about the potential for calling up players
    Hear hear. For ages you'd swear Stephen Ireland was the only story in town. There's no guarantee whatsoever that he'd even get in the team - I certainly wouldn't have him in, or not in a 442 anyway - and the fact that he got 4 goals, 2 of which were winners, disguises the fact that he was simply swamped and went missing in key games like Cyprus and Slovakia. I'd challenge any hack focusing on Ireland's unavailability to a debate on why it's even an issue any day of the week.

Even the actual press conferences themselves seem to be reported badly, with only The Examiner regularly actually reporting the interesting quotes.

Non-selection of players, fringe players, young players, tactics, formation etc. are far more interesting than the tiresome Stephen Ireland saga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    So Trap, Keith Fahey?......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I'd ask him what qualities he saw in Robbie Keane that made him decide to keep him as captain. Then I'd ask him why the Irish squad wasn't gotten together for a 2 week training camp while the Euros was on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Great shout musicinmouth.

Working in media (meant as matter as fact, not like the pretentious stroker that I feel when I say it), it is undeniable the strength that the internet has on companies/advertisers, as well as the perception of the public towards them as a result. There is no reason why foot.ie, or a representative of, should not be there on behalf of the football-loving public. Especially, considering that we would be representing the issues that are dearest to the fans (Charlton Athletic were recently heralded for bringing a fans representative on the board - so if anything it would be a positive PR stunt that would bring the football related issues into the media's eye).

As a country that was born under the banner of a social democracy, it should be our right to contribute (appreciate that I've had a few lunchtime bevvies and might be going off on one here, but however...), especially when our arguments are more salient that the ****e stirring contributions of the national press in Ireland.

Personally, I reckon that the best way of making our mark is:

1) Voting in a foot.ie ambassador (or 2) from all members - Tetsjuin? Stutts,? or one of the old guard? (the geezer from soccercentral if he's a local face? - apologies, not sure of your pseudonym if so)
    2) Establisihing links with the FAI by polling supporters groups and getting support that way if needs be
    3) Polling on a monthly basis, the latest issues of the day - voted on a top three basis.
    4) Establishing ourselves as a viable media outlet by representation at future press conferences (creating negative press via the media for the FAI if not)
    5) Start highlighting the issues that are important to the supporting hardcore so that we can get our opinions viewed and drawn attention to by the wider media.

Anyway, I'm off to lambast my office with a p*ssed up rendition of "Free the People".

Stay Strong Brothers

Che Irish Wolf

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    I'd ask him what qualities he saw in Robbie Keane that made him decide to keep him as captain. Then I'd ask him why the Irish squad wasn't gotten together for a 2 week training camp while the Euros was on.
    it was hard enough to get the players together for the training camp before the euros, the players at that stage have their minds on summer hols so another training camp would have been a waste of time
    Its really not that complicated!!!