Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things almost at an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Unhappy Things almost at an end

As usual I am the bearer of not very happy tidings. This time, I'm afraid, it's quite serious.Things are at an all time low in the club from a financial perspective, with news I received last night from a very reliable source that players haven't been paid for the past fortnight, and that there is serious unrest with a few of them who either badly need to or simply want to get paid.
    I was also informed of a serious piece of bad/insensitive management(not football related) that happened after a recent game. I'll share this with ye later as I want to verify its authenticity. Basically lads, we're fcuked, and have we been informed of any of this by our committee....Hell, no!!
    Where do we go from here???....the only way now seems to be up!!(or more likely, completely out of football)

lims fan

good!

i genuinely would prefer the club not to exist at all than to continue like it is - the darkness, misery and hard luck story of western european football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I don't think any of us want it to exist as it does now...but we certainly want it to exist!! Players are going to start walking next, and then where are we??? really in the sh*t...a club without members, a team without players!!

lims fan

get real

the club are an embarassment to all the league and to all of football. They are a disgrace and I do not want to be associated with those ****wits of a committee. Its embarassing and why should we give a **** about a club that doesn't even respect itself.
    It is run like a bingo club and it is lie after lie after lie and I've had enough. I will not darken their door again.
    I actually hope they become extinct as then it will kill of the scum who run the club and may open a path for a new consortium.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i,ve had enough. I will not darken their door again.

Ni bheidh a leithid ann aris.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

and

i just postered the town looking for people to turn up on Saturday and loads of people are asking me is the club being thrown out of te league this week??? why wont the committee meet us so we can take over and see can we do a better job for the rest of the season?? why do they just wait to spill the story of the extingtion of senior soccer to John O'Shaugnassy at the leader??? let us in now and save our club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    It would be sad sad day to lose senior football in the city after unbroken membership of the league since 1937.

If you are serious about taking over and the club is going to the wall then I can't see how the current committee would not walk away. However you do need to get alicence to play in th eleague next year. I can't see how that can be obtained now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: get real

Originally posted by lims fan

It is run like a bingo club and it is lie after lie after lie and I've had enough. I will not darken their door again.
    I actually hope they become extinct as then it will kill of the scum who run the club and may open a path for a new consortium.
    Seems to me like you want to have your cake and eat it. If you don't see it out to the bitter end, then you're only letting yourself, the players and the few hardcore fans down. It's not really acceptable that you walk away from it all now. We've all known the gravity of this situation for some time and deep down, have all come to expect the worst.
    I've just received confirmation that there is not one penny there to pay wages this week, the third week in a row. How do you expect lads like Stevo and the Kerry lads to travel to training and matches from Mallow and Kerry for nothing...not even expenses. You can't, and they won't put up with it either. It was finally revealed to them(players)last night that they're not getting anything from the Dream team game...I'm sure that went down like a red balloon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: get real

Originally posted by lims fan
    It is run like a bingo club .
    most bingo clubs I know of are profitable, well run businesses...in no way are we like a bingo club.At bingo the old women know what they're doing...our old women don't!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

hea joe

whats the other piece of news u had for us about the "bad/insencitive management" im waiting for this all week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

You make me sick ..

.. Limerick fans.

If there was a whinging league for EL supporters you would be way ahead at the top.

Are any of you f**kers willing to do anything to assist your club ?

Why don't you start a lotto/do a fundraiser ?

No, this would involve some work and it would mean less time for meaningless rants on the internet.

Its obvious that the people running your club are incompetent.
    Why don't you do something about it ?

P. Dunne.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunne:

We have set up a Supporters' Club, run buses to the game, and help out fans of the club to help them supprt the team. Personally speaking, I would not give the people running the club a penny as they refuse to show accounts. Quite simply, I don't trust anyone who will take money and refuse to show where it goes.

On a personal note:
    Any idiot who comes in on their second post and gives out about other club's fans while not knowing the facts of the matter is an obvious idiot trying to make a "name" for himself on internet, more than likely because he is unaccepted by others in real life (you know that thing where people point and laugh at you).

Loser.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: hea joe

Originally posted by gael353
    whats the other piece of news u had for us about the "bad/insencitive management" im waiting for this all week
    sent you a pm on it gael, I don't think its fit for general consumption on this forum...too many people laughing at us as it is..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

If there was a award for being a prize p#%*k then Dunne it's all yours.
    You have no concept of how difficult Limerick supporters have had it. How can anyone raise money with a lotto when we have no way of effecting how the club is run. We might as well just hand over cash to the wren boys.

Your ignorance is frightening stay off our posts if the sound of the justified frustration of people who love their club offends you.

Nomadic what the hell does that mean ???
    You're ruining a grand game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    er....soda my man, I have nomadic down as my location because I travel around so much with my job that I never know where I'll be from one week to the next...I don't think W**ker Dunne even mentioned 'nomadic' in his posts. I know his stupidity probably clouded your ability to read the post correctly. However, I think we should all be thankful for idiots like him...he makes us all feel good about ourselves.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

Sorry Joesoap all offence intended for original target
    You're ruining a grand game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    no problem sodacake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

shame

Shame to see things so bad in Limerick.

Hope its sorted out soon though if the FAI implement this licencing thing a few other clubs could be in trouble.

The players are performing really well considering the wage situation etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thanks for the support Paudie...it's really appreciated. I saw something recently where the FAI have entered an agreement with AIB to financially help all clubs that need assistance meeting the UEFA licensing. The only problem with us is that you have to own your ground to benefit from such assistance, thus putting us firmly behind the 8 ball.
    Basically, in the words of one Montgomery Burns, we have to stop lollygagging, and get on with it. We need to find some filthy rich, subservient monkey butler with a carefree attitude towards his wallet to initially bail us out...any takers???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "sent you a pm on it gael, I don't think its fit for general consumption on this forum...too many people laughing at us as it is.."

I dont think theres anyone laughing at ye.
    It wasnt too long ago since we were in your position except we had a worse team.
    ye know what ye have to do.
    get the right people in where it counts.
    All genuine soccer supporters are behind ye.
    "tight? he's the kinda guy that eats baked beans on tuesday so's he can have a bubble bath on wednesday"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast