Saw this in a bookshop today.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m.../bookcover.jpg

There are no words really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    It's sad to see.

But it's technically correct. Keane and Quinn are both Irish...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I keep seeing more and more little phuckers around town wearing Sunderland jerseys.

Drives me phucking nuts.

Wish to phuck they'd support their own team instead of some third rate Premiersh!t team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    There is just not enough vomit in the world........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Gona print it out in case i run out of bog roll
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Gona print it out in case i run out of bog roll
    Make sure the inks dry first, could end up with red marks (or more of them) around your hole!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Yeah the eagerness with which people have "adopted" Sunderland just makes you think there's no hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amaccann View Post
    Yeah the eagerness with which people have "adopted" Sunderland just makes you think there's no hope.
    Torn between wanting to abuse them and hoping they pay in their thousands tomorrow night....
    While we are here, they'll never die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Any word on how many of them crawled out from under the rocks to go to the Athlone game last night?

It sickened me to see how much coverage was given to this game in the papers this morning. An ordinary Athlone game usually gets about 4 lines.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Get over it lads, English clubs are always going to be supported over here because its a higher standard of football and there is now a huge Irish connection at Sunderland. Im go to Terryland every week to watch United and I watch english football too, and I have an interest in Sunderland because of the Roy Keane factor
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 08/08/2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There was 3000-3500 at Cobh v Sunderland a couple of weeks back. barstoolers not used to seeing "their team" every year.

IMO not many people who go to those games are actually Sunderland games. They have interest in football but not enough to go every week no matter what standard they looking at.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Get over it lads, English clubs are always going to be supported over here because its a higher standard of football and there is now a huge Irish connection at Sunderland. Im go to Terryland every week to watch United and I watch english football too, and I have an interest in Sunderland of the Roy Keane factor
    I dont think thats the point they are making, Lots of people support english clubs but i read somewhere that now 1,500 Irish fans go over every week to watch sunderland. This is only since Keane took over. I doubt there was ever 1,500 sunderland fans here never mind 1,500 that would travel each week to watch them.

I would wonder if UTD even get that many heading over every week They are just idiots that now support Sunderland because the manager is Irish What happens when he leaves will they move club too or just stop going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    I dont think thats the point they are making, Lots of people support english clubs but i read somewhere that now 1,500 Irish fans go over every week to watch sunderland. This is only since Keane took over. I doubt there was ever 1,500 sunderland fans here never mind 1,500 that would travel each week to watch them.

I would wonder if UTD even get that many heading over every week They are just idiots that now support Sunderland because the manager is Irish What happens when he leaves will they move club too or just stop going.
    Yeah I do agree that its ridiculous that all these people are travelling over to games and buying the shirts or whatever, but I do watch them because of Keane and when he moves onto the next club I'll have an interest in him there too

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    If Quinn wore the number 19 shirt, the cover would have been better.

19 16 The Irish Uprising
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I keep seeing more and more little phuckers around town wearing Sunderland jerseys.

Drives me phucking nuts.

Wish to phuck they'd support their own team instead of some third rate Premiersh!t team.
    The third rate Premiership team still play a much better standard of football than some of the sh1te we've had to put up with in Terryland this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Get over it lads, English clubs are always going to be supported over here because its a higher standard of football and there is now a huge Irish connection at Sunderland. Im go to Terryland every week to watch United and I watch english football too, and I have an interest in Sunderland because of the Roy Keane factor
    Zero problem with somebody being a LOI and genuine EPL fan. I fall into that category.

What I will laugh at are Celtic/ Sund-oireland fans that follow a team purely based on some kind of perceived Irishness, when real Irish teams are going to the wall for lack of ar*ses on seats.
    While we are here, they'll never die.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    Fcuking pathetic but not really surprising. The thing about it that is fustrating is if Sunderland get relegated most of their so called fans here will crawl back under the rock they came from. When Keane first took over them I was wishing him all the best and applauded the work he did there. But with so many day trippers picking this club over their own just cause they employ a few rish men I'm really hoping they go down.
    Couldnt put it better. With that in mind my main hope this season is that Sunderland go down. This my dear friends is a work in progress on social fickleness. Lets watch & see.
    The fact that Sunderland as stated above are marketing this Oirishness is a laugh. Those who have bought in are simply fools & there money will not be refused oop north you can be sure. Lets see where they are in 3 years time. Id like to personally say thanks to all who have scant regard for their local clubs & letting them go to the wall. Quality of football isnt an argument to me so dont bring it up in any replies. Quality of football is just an excuse to use as to why you were sitting at home eating sugar puffs playing the Xbox instead of standing & supporting your local team in rain, wind or snow. If you had a family member who was a junkie or misfit you would try & help them wouldnt you? Or would you go next door & try live in their house after all they adjusted quite well & were loved by all the other neighbours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stovelid wrote

Zero problem with somebody being a LOI and genuine EPL fan. I fall into that category.

What I will laugh at are Celtic/ Sund-oireland fans that follow a team purely based on some kind of perceived Irishness, when real Irish teams are going to the wall for lack of ar*ses on seats.
    I bet your a Liverpool fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Hope the hundreds of thousands of unsold copies are pulped into recycled toilet paper.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Coloured View Post
    Couldnt put it better. With that in mind my main hope this season is that Sunderland go down. This my dear friends is a work in progress on social fickleness. Lets watch & see.
    The fact that Sunderland as stated above are marketing this Oirishness is a laugh. Those who have bought in are simply fools & there money will not be refused oop north you can be sure. Lets see where they are in 3 years time. Id like to personally say thanks to all who have scant regard for their local clubs & letting them go to the wall. Quality of football isnt an argument to me so dont bring it up in any replies. Quality of football is just an excuse to use as to why you were sitting at home eating sugar puffs playing the Xbox instead of standing & supporting your local team in rain, wind or snow. If you had a family member who was a junkie or misfit you would try & help them wouldnt you? Or would you go next door & try live in their house after all they adjusted quite well & were loved by all the other neighbours.
    What a bizare arguement we should stand in the rain watching rubbish football because its local ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast