Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's signing up for the 5year membership?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who's signing up for the 5year membership?

Anyone signing up for the 5 year membership deal? Got info on it today. Deff gonna sign up on Tuesday morning. You can pay over 3, 4 or 5 years. You get a reserved seat in the stands too.
    The club needs the bobs to get through the present. This will be a way for the club to get back on track and to refocus on balancing out the books. Which i think will be done with the right people on board.
    The cost isn't much per week/month. You can pay it off early if you want too. When ever Gaynor is 9/1 again
    Division 1 Champions 2007
    Bring on the City derbies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya got info aswell its a great idea and i will be signing up to not only is it helping out club but its an easy way for me to pay for my season ticket for next five years at something like eleven euro a week excellent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ive it done too
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    havent heard of this can someone explain please
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    New find raisng drive ramsfan,€2000 from any supporter for a 5 yr membership, which includes all the usual but ou also get yuor own seat in the stand for the 5 years, i think this one will really separate the real fans from the "town cryers", also rams have linked up wit aib for this so you can get a loan off them which i did over 3,4,or 5 years, the 5 years deal works out as a tenner a week. Club needs the money.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'll meet up with ya during the week and give the details of it all if you want ramsfan...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    hardly get a loan now lads, E2000, theres a pay weekly option isnt there,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    New find raisng drive ramsfan,€2000 from any supporter for a 5 yr membership, which includes all the usual but ou also get yuor own seat in the stand for the 5 years, i think this one will really separate the real fans from the "town cryers", also rams have linked up wit aib for this so you can get a loan off them which i did over 3,4,or 5 years, the 5 years deal works out as a tenner a week. Club needs the money.
    Something like this isn't a bad idea and I don't want to be the one to put a dampner on it but your last sentence 'Club needs the money' sums it all up. Personally I look at this as being a short term fix. A fix for right now if you like. If people are to take a loan from any lending institution then its quite obvious that intrest will be applied to any such loan, which will increase the outlay quite significiantly. Ok, it's your membership paid for the next five years which reduces the likelyhood of any Season Ticket increase being applied against you for an annual purchase.

I'd be interested to see the official club press release on this and it ****es me off that such important information should make it's way onto a discussion forum before being put on the official website. Nothing personal Bella but I'm sure you understand what I mean. First port of call for any info like that should be the club site. Having said that, I won't be updating it until tomorrow anyway.
    Last edited by luka; 03/08/2008 at 5:12 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    New find raisng drive ramsfan,€2000 from any supporter for a 5 yr membership, which includes all the usual but ou also get yuor own seat in the stand for the 5 years, i think this one will really separate the real fans from the "town cryers",
    Poor choice of words there bella.

It doesn't really appeal to me. €2000 just for a seat, surely there has to be more to it!
    I absolutely hate sitting down at matches which is why I go to the Northbank so a seat for 5 years is useless to me.

I doubt i'll be going for this. I certainly won't be taking out a loan for it if I do, because i'm just about to get a car loan so 2 loans are out of the question.

Oh well back downtown with me "Here ye, Here ye!"
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not real an option for a lot of people as to commit yourself to 2 k is a lot , also it should really have been put to mebers and supporters by leeter before being released on this forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Must be my efficient postman again getting the info first.
    I hope there are a few that will be taking up the opertunity. I personally think it is a great deal and at €10 per week there aren't many that can't afford it.
    It's what being a member to me is, helping the club through bad times so we can celebrate great times. Last November when we won the league was one of the greatest nights I had. I was buzzing for weeks. Only Ramblers can do that for me.
    If you are taking a loan of course the bank is going to charge interest but work it out it isn't a great deal extra, it eases the burden of the lump sum every year.
    Seriously think about it lads, I personally don't sit in the stands much either, but think of the nights it will be pelting with rain in October and November, no need to be getting in early for a big game to keep your seat.
    If you are already a member it only starts the five years in Janurary, so it will be Jan 2014 before you have to renew, think of it like that.
    As for the way it came out, we need the bobs ASAP, that's why there is a rush. I have heard of some fantastic plans for the next year for fundraising, If we sort the finances now with this membership I have no doubt we will be looking sweet for the future. I think this club will be leading the way for others to follow.
    Think about it, the club needs it, we owe it to the club
    Last edited by The Rebel Ram; 03/08/2008 at 8:19 PM.
    Division 1 Champions 2007
    Bring on the City derbies!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    fundraising is one thing, but E2000 is a bit much for most people, people have splurged cash for the last 10-15 years and are now only useing there heads, so i wouldnt be expecting a good takeup of this idea,
    also does this include family tickets,

also bella very poor choice of words, rams have 600 real fans yet have 1-200 season ticket holders, thats judgeing on the previous 2 years in first division and i would say if we were relegated tomorow we would have more, our support has increased in the premier divsion, average is over 1000 a game, thats 60% odd increase,

also would like to know the figures on the sunderland event, was wondering if anyone knows if the members will be updated by post or an info meeting
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    actual figure is 2600 euro, if i was to buy a season ticket at current price for next 5 years i would pay 1250 euro adifference of 1350 euro is a big one and means there are 16 games per season at home

250/ 16 = 15.6 euro per game

520 /16 = 32.5 euro per game

ramblers is a night out and a laugh watching team i love, would you pay 32 quid to watch our football at mo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Poor choice of words there bella.

It doesn't really appeal to me. €2000 just for a seat, surely there has to be more to it!
    I absolutely hate sitting down at matches which is why I go to the Northbank so a seat for 5 years is useless to me.

I doubt i'll be going for this. I certainly won't be taking out a loan for it if I do, because i'm just about to get a car loan so 2 loans are out of the question.

Oh well back downtown with me "Here ye, Here ye!"
    No i still think this one will separate the real fans from the town cryers, its not a profit making move its a jesture to the club, i have a car loan, and still took out the loan. I never sit down at games but it still gives you the sense of importance and the feel you belong to the club.

And luka in all fairness it doesnt matter if this isnt put out on what website i didnt start the thread but the word has to be spread ASAP, and thats prob why rebel ram posted it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Before I continue I'll say that I'm not totally against this idea, but need to make that clear before as people twist things to suit when carrying a story back.

No i still think this one will separate the real fans from the town cryers,
    I disagree with that Bella. People are free to make whatever choice they want.

And luka in all fairness it doesnt matter if this isnt put out on what website
    Indeed it does. It's about time people started to realise exactly what the Official Site is for and how best to use it. There is a deep lack of understanding behind the scenes when it comes to this side of things and never enough information coming out of the club to put on it. Look at the other teams around us. They all have regularly updated content. FFS it's a job for us to have info before a match. People need to look at their roles and discover exactly what it is they are supposed to be doing like.

i didnt start the thread
    Sorry. For some reason I thought you did.

Bottom line for me here is that I'd like to see this in Black & White before making any decision.

• Is there an opt out option?
    • What happens a contributor if he/she get's banned from the Club?
    • What happens if a contributor thinks the next elected committee is not up to the job?
    • This is supposedly enabling a contributor a five year membership. How does this affect a family membership?
    • Is there a Weekly/Monthly option via Direct Debit? As we know, DD's can be cancelled at any time which leads to my next question
    • Is there a contract between Contributor & Club for this that covers either refunds or being contracted and obliged to pay the full amount once signed up so that you are not permitted to cancel a DD once signed so as to ensure that you pay the full amount you agreed to?

Those are just some of the basic questions
    Last edited by luka; 04/08/2008 at 7:13 AM.
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    every member will get a letter i would say by wedensday at latest due to long weekend. It is basically asking members for a donation of €2000. There are a couple of different ways of doing this the first being handing over the money directly, or else you can go to the AIB bank and sign for a loan of the above amount over 3,4,or 5 years the club has set this up with the bank and they will recieve €2000 for every member exisitng or new who does this. That means that direct debits cant be stopped as there will be a contract with the bank not the club to pay them back.

In return for this each person who takes this up will recieve a five year membership which will include a reserved seat in the stand

This is being aet up to help try and save the club as the club needs money in the current and this is a way of securing it. It is a chance for all of us to help out and insure the club has a bright future.

As to family tickets etc i am not sure how that will work, will probably be in letter, as for someone getting banned how often does that happen and more than likely it will have been there own fault so im sure it wont be an issue realisticaly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we done that this year but our was 15 year season tickets for 1k

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    every member will get a letter i would say by wedensday at latest due to long weekend. It is basically asking members for a donation of €2000. There are a couple of different ways of doing this the first being handing over the money directly, or else you can go to the AIB bank and sign for a loan of the above amount over 3,4,or 5 years the club has set this up with the bank and they will recieve €2000 for every member exisitng or new who does this. That means that direct debits cant be stopped as there will be a contract with the bank not the club to pay them back.

In return for this each person who takes this up will recieve a five year membership which will include a reserved seat in the stand

This is being aet up to help try and save the club as the club needs money in the current and this is a way of securing it. It is a chance for all of us to help out and insure the club has a bright future.

As to family tickets etc i am not sure how that will work, will probably be in letter, as for someone getting banned how often does that happen and more than likely it will have been there own fault so im sure it wont be an issue realisticaly.

I think an an option to pay via DD from your own bank should also be included in this for those who may not be willing to take out a loan so as not to be paying interest but who also do not want to pay a €2000 lump sum. The request is for €2000 for a five year seat. Thats €400 per year for the next five. Take a loan and you end up paying €2680.8 and the club only get €2000 of that. The AIB get the other €600. Personally if I were doing it it by an installment option then I would prefer to have it taken from my own Bank and on my terms. More people might sign up to it if there is a choice as listed below.

• Take a loan with AIB over 5yrs and pay €2680.8 approx
    • Pay via your own bank and pay €2000 only

Third choice could be that AIB make these loans interest and fee free for the duration but that's unlikely. I suppose looking at it in the cold light of day paying a tenner a week won't add up to much even if there are 200 members paying it so the option really only is the load from AIB as the club get the cash straight away. Well, I've asked and answered my own question there I suppose.
    Last edited by luka; 04/08/2008 at 10:38 AM.
    RamblersWeb

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    we done that this year but our was 15 year season tickets for 1k

Don't you mean 15yrs for 10k.........?
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    would have t agree with luka and ramsfan here lads. This does not look like a viable option to me.
    Firstly its 400 a year without paying any interest.More than 500 if you go for the interest option. At the moment a season ticket ia almost half this price.
    Secondly what happens IF I am not happy with how the club is being run in future years. At the moment it seems any joe sope can call an egm. Can I opt out.
    Next what if something goes wrong in the next few years. Will i be left repaying a loan for a club that is not playing senior football.
    Also bella how do you believe that this will show the real fans. There is no incentive involved in this package to attract buyers. It looks as if you pay over the odds for a seat. With most clubs a season ticket is used to attract people to the ground on a regular basis this just seems to be a money making effort.
    Would like to see the press release on this one luka. Is there one to follow that shows the complete package on offer. and as you have already said is there a direct debit option where the interest to the bank is removed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast