Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duff to return to Blackburn?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I’m not saying 6.7 makes him a world beater but the point is he hasn’t played under the current Liverpool manager so he can’t be judged until tried for a period of time. I will again take up the point
    He's exactly the sort of player that teams struggling near the bottom of the Premiership have in their ranks.
    He is currently in the ranks of the Liverpool team who are of course struggling near the bottom of the premiership-Blackburn are not in this position either they finished 7th last season not in fact anywhere near the bottom of the table so your current opinion is based on? The fact we have sold Friedal and got a new manager!!! Blackburn are a stable Premiership team and have been for three years in a row!!
    I see a trend developing where people tend to write individuals off very quickly-ince for instance has not even been in the role three weeks and Blackburn are suddenly relegation fodder which is nonsense-all I am saying is Robinson and Ince at least deserves a chance like Friedal when he first arrived and the fact is Pennant is not one of our players I would much prefer Aaron Lennon (which is a strong possibility)

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diarmo View Post
    I would love for Benitez to resurrect his interest in Duff. Liverpool could do with a left winger, and I'd love to see Keane and Duff linking up at club level. However, pipe-dreams, I suppose.
    absolutely no chance of that ever happening imo - duff had his chance --he took the wrong option and went to a club going nowhere fast and is now paying the price

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I know it seems unlikely, but Liverpool's need for a left-sided player is desperate and the Barry deal is never going to happen now. Assuming that Duff's pre-season form (and the occasional glimmers playing for us last season) indicate that the basic talent still lurks beneath the layers of self-doubt and questionable fitness, it could be an inspired move by Benitez. He could probably land Duff for the same amount he would net for Pennant. There is very little to lose maybe Robbie can encourage him to take a punt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diarmo View Post
    I would love for Benitez to resurrect his interest in Duff. Liverpool could do with a left winger,
    They already have one in Babel who will play even more this season if he can stay fit. Leto is another who Rafa rates highly who can come in and do a job. Not as skillfull but very direct so IMO left wing isn't a major concern. Would like to have seen Bentley arriving for the right hand side though.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I see Blackburn are poised to sign Keith Andrews for 2 million according to some of today's papers. Another strange transfer involving Ince. Seems a bit high for a 28 year old journeyman who's never made it in the game at a decent level. More signs Blackburn will struggle under Ince.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    I see Blackburn are poised to sign Keith Andrews for 2 million according to some of today's papers. Another strange transfer involving Ince. Seems a bit high for a 28 year old journeyman who's never made it in the game at a decent level. More signs Blackburn will struggle under Ince.
    Can't believe that price if true, Mk Dons would've snapped their hand off for a quarter that....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah for some reason I can see Ince struggling at Blackburn. Not sure what it is but letting Friedal go and getting in Robinson was not a great bit of business. If they lose Bentley and Santa Cruz, they will be in big trouble.
    In Trap we trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12