Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen O'Halloran

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Stephen O'Halloran

Hope at last for a break through into the Aston Villa first team for Stephen O'Halloran.........Wilfred Bouma was taken off in today's Inter-Toto Cup game vs Odense with a very serious injury that will keep him out for a very long time.
    EDIT: Confirmed on Setanta that Bouma has unfortunately broken his leg!

I know Stephen was injured last season but I don't know if he's returned to traning yet, here's hoping he has and he is raring to go!

It's a shame about Bouma as he is a very good player who Villa fans admire greatly. I hope he has a very successful recovery!
    Last edited by rambler14; 26/07/2008 at 4:49 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As far as i know, he wont be back from injury for a while.

As you say, its a shame when any player gets injured so best wishes to Bouma. But lets hope O'Halloran can get himself back to fitness and makes the most of any opportunity that comes his way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Bouma's injury looks horrible. Poor guy. Watching here. Pats did well in the home leg v OB last year but outclassed away. I think Stephen is still out for a while as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Bojinov at Man City picked up the same injury as O'Halloran last August, and he's only made some reserve team run out since then, and still doesn't look like being ready for the new season. I don't think we're going to see O'Halloran back in the first team for Villa this side of Christmas

<EDIT>
    With Bouma out, what chance now that O'Neill will accept Liverpool's offer of Finnan + cash for Barry?
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 26/07/2008 at 6:17 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Bojinov at Man City picked up the same injury as O'Halloran last August, and he's only made some reserve team run out since then, and still doesn't look like being ready for the new season. I don't think we're going to see O'Halloran back in the first team for Villa this side of Christmas

<EDIT>
    With Bouma out, what chance now that O'Neill will accept Liverpool's offer of Finnan + cash for Barry?
    Just for your information Stephen is recovering well from his injury and has started running again. The people at Villa are very happy with the progress from the injury but he will not be rushed back until they are 100% sure he is ready. He may be playing again by Oct.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieohalloran View Post
    Just for your information Stephen is recovering well from his injury and has started running again. The people at Villa are very happy with the progress from the injury but he will not be rushed back until they are 100% sure he is ready. He may be playing again by Oct.
    Good to hear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stiofain View Post
    Good to hear.
    As a friend of stephens i cannot beat around the bush and pretend that i am disapointed that bouma has got injured, all my friends tonight rejoiced for use use of a better word that bouma got injured and hope that this could be a turning point in the career of stephen o'halloran.

As eddie said earlier stephen is now joggin and all and is looking to be fit for october so hopefully this could be the turning point and more importantly an opportunity for him to have a chance, i know that alot of the users here are fans of stephens from his performances with ireland and with wycombe, and lets face it football is a dog eat dog world and these are the opportunity thast make or break a career, stephen because of the person he is will be devastated for bouma but i have to admit i hope hally gets back fit as soon as posible because the chance is here for him now.

Heres hoping MON doesnt feel the need to sign another left back before october!!!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said bella couldnt agree with ya more. Everyone has ther fingers crossed for hally.
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Heres hoping MON doesnt feel the need to sign another left back before october!!!!

Constantly linked over here with Celtic's Lee Naylor over the last couple of weeks. I'd expect that to step up now and Naylor wouldn't cost more than a couple of million I'd say so might well be a decent short term solution for MON.

Such a pity Stephen is injured.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If he does sign Naylor it'd actually be good news for him. He relies too much on confidence which he hasn't had for 18 months. Although, that's the type of player O'Neill gets the best out of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    If naylor did move, would that mean O'Dea would start at left full for Celtic? Swings and roundabouts, eh?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus hopefully not i dont rate the boy one bit. He's a hoofer big time. Seen him play a few times.
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If naylor did move, would that mean O'Dea would start at left full for Celtic? Swings and roundabouts, eh?
    I'd say Wilson and now Caddis would be ahead of O'Dea for the left back spot. I'm sure Celtic are trying to sign a left back anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    O'Dea has played a couple of games at his natural centre back position in pre-season and has done well from the limited action I saw. I think he's going to get plenty of games this year, Kennedy is out on loan and Balde is out of the picture so even if Strachan gets another centre half I can still see him being involved a little more than he was last season.

If not it's time for him to move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    O'Dea has played a couple of games at his natural centre back position in pre-season and has done well from the limited action I saw. I think he's going to get plenty of games this year
    I've only seen him play against Middlesbrough, and he gave away an awful goal. A terrible back pass beyond Balde, and too slack to make it to the keeper, let Aliadiere in. The clearance from the keeper ricocheted off him into the net.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've only seen him play against Middlesbrough, and he gave away an awful goal. A terrible back pass beyond Balde, and too slack to make it to the keeper, let Aliadiere in. The clearance from the keeper ricocheted off him into the net.
    I've only seen that the once but I actually felt he was unfortunate with it. It was obviously a communcation issue between the 3 of them but everybody will view it differently I suppose. Might have a look on youtube to see it it again..

I also felt Brown could/should have dived at Aladiere's feet to smother the ball.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    On what I have seen O'Dea is not likely to be our centre back or left back saviour - a decent SPL player at best. I think Trapp needs to be creative in putting together a decent defensive formation as we are so short of players in this area. Maybe defensive midfield players like Whelan, Delap, Carsley, O'Toole etc or even Steven Reid need to be thought of as options to cover the fullback or centre back positions. I remember in the Giles era we were woefully short of defenders and Mick Martin and Tony Grealish played in the back four quite regularly even though they played in midfield for their club sides.

Out of the emerging pack st Ledger is the only young defender who looks like he might have the making of an international footballer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think if O'Halloran gets a decent run in the Villa side then he'll show us what a top player he is

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Villa making a bid for Reading's Shorey now apparently.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I know Stephen played centre back for a while, is he too small to realistically play there for Ireland, I've seen him play a few times, i think he would make an excellent wide attacking player...any thoughts...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast