Thread: UCD AFC Golf Classic

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post UCD AFC Golf Classic

http://www.ucdsoccer.com/events.php?a=53
    UCD AFC Annual Golf Classic takes place in Elm Park Golf Club on Tuesday 26th August 2008.

The purpose of our Golf Classic is to raise funds for the UCD Soccer Scholarship Programme which is the cornerstone of UCD's involvement in Irish senior football. The programme attracts the best young players in the country to the Club and implies a high level of playing ability.

The football talent is combined with a University education which enriches and enhances the students potential both in sport and their future career.

Proposed format of the competition:

1. Teams of four. Two scores to count at each hole, stableford over 18
    holes.

2. Full G.U.I./I.L.G.U. handicap to count.

3. Entry fee is €800 (afternoon), €750 (morning) per team of four (to include meal).

4. There will be both a morning and an afternoon competition, with prize giving at the lunch and dinner respectively.

Preferred start time will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We would be most grateful for your support and hope you can join us on 26th August. Your support is very much appreciated.

To help us in our organisation of this event, I would be obliged if you could complete the attached form and return to:

DIARMUID McNALLY
    UCD SPORTS CENTRE
    BELFIELD
    DUBLIN 4

Phone No.: 01-7162142 or 087-6951564

Entry form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Hmm, last time we entered a team, Aberdonian Stu missed the round as he was in work until 8am and Schumi, Bald Student, Student Mullet and I had to abandon the game on the 15th hole due to failing light. We started first.

To put it another way, we're probably better at 6-a-side football than golf. The highlight of the day was when Bald Student took a shot which struck a tree, rebounded onto another tree and finally rebounded from that to strike Schumi. We all lost our first ball on the same shot - the first shot on the ninth hole, I think. In turn, we each landed a ball precisely in a stream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    The highlight of the day was when Bald Student took a shot which struck a tree, rebounded onto another tree and finally rebounded from that to strike Schumi. We all lost our first ball on the same shot - the first shot on the ninth hole, I think. In turn, we each landed a ball precisely in a stream.
    I think you've got a few shots mixed up there. Schumi was playing a shot over a stone bridge in case he didn't get enough lift to clear the stream. The ball rebounded from the bridge onto a tree, Bald Student's head and then into the stream. Whether Schumi lost a shot or not from this depended on whether I'm classified as a hazard or a natural feature when on a golf course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    The highlight of the day was when Bald Student took a shot which struck a tree, rebounded onto another tree and finally rebounded from that to strike Schumi.
    Hey! Don't credit my greatest ever golf shot to Student Mullet.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Sorry Schumi. It must have been the blow to the head.