Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers 4-1 Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Rovers 4-1 Harps

Delighted with the result after the week we had

we could have won 6 or 7 one , encouraging performances from Curran and Creane

Thought the back four were solid with Butler especially playing well

Raff is a living Rovers legend

All in all a great response from the lads

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yes have to give credit to the players after the week they had they give their all and got what they deserved, a great 3 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great result after the week we've had. All the players played their bit and did well especially Butler and Raff. And a very good performance from Curran hopefully he gets into the squadnext week. Also a very good game for Mikey Creane looked exhausted at the end. Hopefully Matthew Judge recovers from his injury. In the end a well deserved 3 points, lets hope for the same next week against Shamrock Rovers.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Every player(apart from Ventre) played extremely well. I've always said it and tonight has convinced me more, Harps are by far the worst team in this league, absolute muck. Really disappointed we conceded, we just lost concentration and gave up. Still, can't take anything away from them tonight and anyone at the game has no excuse not to come back next game, great performance. Absolutely delighted!

Judge has a broken cheek bone and is having an operation on Monday.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Judge has a broken cheek bone and is having an operation on Monday.[/QUOTE]

oh no not another player short just our luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another player down but through injury. But another chance to see what Mikey Creane can do. What was the attendance tonight ? Those anyone know how much the money in that big jar got ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Every player(apart from Ventre) played extremely well.
    I think you are being unfair to Danny there. I think all players played their part. I was confident going into this game believe or not. Despite losing players left right and centre, the one area that has remained in tact has been our back 5. If we lost any of these, then I would worry. I hope I am not tempting fate here.

After the Galway game I thought we looked a class higher than those below us and tonights game proved it, even before the sending off.

The only disappointing part of the night was not keeping a clean sheet, but then again you can't have everything.
    "Overwhelmed"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    I thought Ventre played well, Sligoman but doctors differ and patients die. Butler was my m o m and Curran can really find a pass. Boco is too selfish for my liking. Great pity about Matthew Judge because it looked like a night he might have got a few goals. Worst Harps team I've seen play in Premier and compared with Galway last week, they have no chance of staying up.
    Crisis? What crisis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    I think you are being unfair to Danny there. I think all players played their part.
    He didn't play particularly bad, I just think everyone else played really well, Danny did ok but still too many mistakes.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    He didn't play particularly bad, I just think everyone else played really well, Danny did ok but still too many mistakes.
    and he cant pass a ball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Hope the Sligo public responded to the rallying call and turned out in numbers, but if they are anything like the shower down here, probably not. By the way, thread title sayd 4-1, errortel said it was 4-0, so I presume they got it wrong again and Harps did score a consolation?
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Hope the Sligo public responded to the rallying call and turned out in numbers, but if they are anything like the shower down here, probably not. By the way, thread title sayd 4-1, errortel said it was 4-0, so I presume they got it wrong again and Harps did score a consolation?
    yes in the 89th minute.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    great game, great result
    i taught evreyone played well against a disappointing harps team
    delighted for curran and i hope he gets a few more games
    butler should have got motm
    the A team players slotted in well

gutted for judgie though
    get well soon lad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Butler is a nut job but he was pushed very foward tonight so the midfield never looked like napping. Except Harps are very bad and they will go down.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Harps were a jokeshop, total shambles.

Sligo may be massively overspending- but at least it's on quality footballers!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    pleased with that result, although Harps were absoulute muck. Had nothing going forward.noticed the last 3 or so games, Doherty's final ball is slowly improving.Everyone played well, and fair play to Mikey Creane, really got stuck in when he came on. Shamrock will be a big test next Friday, totally different prospect to Harps today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Judge broke his nose tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a result after the week we had, Butler no question about it was MOM really superb, The back 5 are a class act. I thought Doherty was class tonight his final ball in was very inviting all the time. Ventre done very well and does the donkey work always. Boco worked very hard and i thought Crane and Noctor both done well. And last but by no way least the Tubber twins were excellent, Gary Curran has so much football in him it is unreal. Also big thank you to Cook and Carr here is hoping for next year lads, and lifted the spirits of supporters after this week.

By the way get well Matt Judge he fractured his cheekbone and is out for the season

Edit: Fair play to the Harps fans who travelled in superb numbers hope you stay up.
    Last edited by Rovers Maniac; 20/07/2008 at 6:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Delighted with the result, everyone put in 100%! Nobody's attitude can be faulted! I was baffle that curran got man of the match, he split the harps defence a couple of times but apart from that was non existent before and after his goal.. Butler and raf were top class.Back four were solid if only our centre backs would keep the ball on the floor. Overall, a very good night

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile rov v harps

great result and fair play to the management and players they all played their part. butler was my man of the match. he was absolutely superb. if we could only hold onto all those players out there for next season and get over this financial crisis we could begin to build again.i don't want to take away the mam of match award from gary but those who make the decision know nothing about football. lets keep focused on the financial crisis and try and bring in as much money as possible. show the managemnet and team that we are right behind them. the big problem at the moment is that after teh cork game on sun aug 3th we do not have another home game until sat aug 30th. that means 4 weeks wages with no home gates. people have being asking me why the club has to gather such a large sum of money is a short space of time (e130000) well this is part of the answer plus the ongoing tax bill that has to be paid monthly.so i think this message needs to be got out. its up to us supporters good luck everybody. try and get those syndicate cards selling and new members in plus the 100 euro lotto tickets and anything else

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast