Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Director - Quentin Tarantino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Director - Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Tarantino

I have to say his films are great. Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs are unreal, but True Romance was quality as well. Dusk till Dawn was great up to Salma Hayek scene, then it went 'vampire' which if you like that was actually done fairly well i suppose. Jackie Brown was very well done as well.

Is he doing anything else soon? Kill Bill was the last i heard of him.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Quentin Tarantino

I have to say his films are great. Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs are unreal, but True Romance was quality as well. Dusk till Dawn was great up to Salma Hayek scene, then it went 'vampire' which if you like that was actually done fairly well i suppose. Jackie Brown was very well done as well.

Is he doing anything else soon? Kill Bill was the last i heard of him.
    Death Proof was out last year, and didn't do well at all.
    Next up is inglorious *******s, a WW2 film he's been working on forever
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Used to like him a lot, up til and including Jackie Brown I thought his films were excellent, particularly liked the storyline for True Romance (I know he didn't direct it). He's let all the fanboy praise go to his head though, Kill Bill was fun, but thats all, Deathproof I haven't watched but I've heard it's ****e
    Last edited by jebus; 15/07/2008 at 1:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    He directed episodes of ER and CSI in the past. Had his trademark all over them.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    He has gone downhill since Jackie Brown. Hopefully he gets round to making the Vega brothers movie he used to mention but its doubtful.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Yeah he seems to be on the decline, Since Pulp fiction each of his films seems to have gotten a bit worse, his last one Deathproof wasn't great, had its moments and I actually thought Kurt Russell was very good in it but overall it was only alright

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    He's still relatively young for a Director.

It'd be nigh on impossible to maintain the standard, originality and impact that "Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" had. They are both classics of the genre.

I'd imagine he'll have a few more great films left in him.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the best thing he done was cast Samuel L Jackson saw Pulp fiction again the other night that was the last good film he made and even then if he didnt cast such good actors it would have died on its arse, kill bill was terrible watch kung fu hussle and you will see what he was trying to do but failing miserably.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Great director, although any time I've seen an interview, he comes across as a tosser.

Great, great dialogue in his early films. I think his films have got a little bit pretentious recently.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Wached Pulp Fiction again on BBC2 the other night and I'd nearly forgotten how good it is. I love the scene where Bruce Willis' character is picking out a weapon after he escapes from the hillbilly. He sees the hammer, the bat, the chainsaw and then he knows he's struck gold when he finds the sword....absolutely classic

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Pulp Fiction still holds up really well & always worth watching a bit of when catch on tv. Jackie Brown is very good too in more low key manner. Never really got into Reservoir Dogs...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    the best thing he done was cast Samuel L Jackson saw Pulp fiction again the other night that was the last good film he made and even then if he didnt cast such good actors it would have died on its arse
    In fairness you could say that about any film, can't think of one good film played by ****ty actors, one thing I've always liked about Tarantino is that he doesn't automatically go for the current flavour of the month A-list actor, also I thought Jackie Brown was pretty good and wouldn't agree Pulp fiction was his last good film.

Anyway rumur has it his next film may be a film about the Vega brothers starring John Travolta and Michael Madsen, apparently Mr Blonde and Vincent Vega were brothers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Anyway rumur has it his next film may be a film about the Vega brothers starring John Travolta and Michael Madsen, apparently Mr Blonde and Vincent Vega were brothers
    looks like that film idea has been abandoned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vega_Brothers
    Tarantino stated that it's "looking unlikely" and that he probably will not make the film because "everyone is older now"
    and his next film will more than likely be Inglorious *******s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglorious_*******s
    On June 21, 2008, Tarantino confirmed that "Inglorious *******s" was his "next project" and that he had just finished the script and planned to have the film ready for Cannes in 2009
    At the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, Tarantino said "if all goes well" that he would premiere Inglorious *******s at the Cannes festival in 2009
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    708 Posts
    Inglorious B*stards is supposed to be shaping up for a two-parter again. Deathproof went way over length (the missing reel idea was entirely necessary to keep the double bill from becoming a marathon), and Kill Bill needed to be cut into two. He's gotten bloated and egotistical in his filmmaking. Someone needs to smack him around the head and tell him to make a 90 minute film that actually comes in at under two hours.