Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bayern Munich fans @ the Cross tonight

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bayern Munich fans @ the Cross tonight........!

A friend of mine brought his brother in law ( who is German ) and some friends to the game tonight ( they wanted to see the team "who drew with Bayern" those years ago - seriously ).

They are football fanatics and really enjoyed the game.

At one stage I pointed out Flynny and told them our #9 was an Irish U-21 International and scored during the week vs Poland. They immediately sat up and took particular notice in him.

Right on cue he doesn't let me down and hits the sweetest goal see in front of the Shed for quite a while.

The goal was followed by loads of nodding, German chatter and pointing etc.

When he scored that scorcher in the secnd half they were up off their seats shouting and giving one another high fives - I can confirm we have 4 new members to Flynny's fan club. They were going on about how fast he was and how good he was technically. Praise indeed from people so knowledgable - funny how the Dubs can't see these atributes in him!!!!!

One of them said to me on the way out that he reckons he will be seeing Flynny on TV in years to come.

Unless Corus have plans to beam into Bavaria in the near future I can only guess he meant GOD would be playing with a bigger club in a different country.

As I walked down towards the Turners X Tavern with them, the pride I felt listening to these compliments from such esteemed Footie Fans was tinged with that inevitable sinking feeling that we will probably be loosing this genuis soon and should enjoy what we are seeing while we have it.

We can say in years to come that we were there when John O'Flynn, Irish International and the greatest LoI player of all time, graced our hallowed turf.

Footnote to all Dublin readers:

Don't even try to counter argue my last comment above.
    You were not here over the past 2 games ( or season for that matter ) and did not see this genuis perform at a completely different level to everyone else in the League.

The man is different class.

What were Peterborough thinking of?
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the guy is a total gem. magic

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Flynny...

Bohs fans reading our comments about Flynny will probably just think its Cork bias and of course we are going to talk very highly of the guy.I have seen Glen Crowe enough times now to know he is not a shade on John O Flynn.I beleive the last two games have been Johns best since joining City and it now looks like he is getting better and better.His display tonight was absolutely fantastic.I do rate Glen Crowe highly and there are a few other players around the eircom league that look very good,but i honestly beleive we have one of the best strikers this league has ever produced.I am a realist also and i know its a serious step up to play even 1st division football in England.But i also beleive this guy could really make it.Obviously i would hate to see him leave but eventually on this form its highly likely it will happen.I do also beleive it is to early to think about him playing for the Rep of Ireland senior side and most guys would think that too.No offense to Jason Byrne but anyone to compere this guy with Flynny does not know his football at all.If the F.A.I ever want to sell this league they would be doing very well to get cameras down to the X on a few Friday evenings during the season...

thecorner
    nicely put crow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    who's to say he's gonna leave? He put in some great performances last year too. Eg. when he beat Bray on his own and yet there has been little serious interest. He has got to get into the irish squad now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The difference this year guys is .....

.....3 international goals - this will attract attention no matter what.

Also his consistency is unbelievable - he is likely to score in any game. None of this 4 goals one night and nothing for 6 games with him.

It was ironic to hear the Dublin press ( and Richardson + King ) saying he was in a slump recently - 3 games for Chri$t sake.

What a way to answer that type of $hit - 4 goals in 3 games and one in Poland.
    Irish by birth,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Scorching performance by John O' Flynn alright. Class goals, speed, skill, great work ethic. That performance against Rovers as well. He was everywhere.
    Where your friends wearing Bayern tops? I saw two people with Ballack on the back of their shirts wandering around.. (No crap pun intended).
    Note for TV3 pundits:
    Crowe + Byrne together are <= John O'Flynn
    Oh... and Peterborough = Morons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Will you all shut the funk up like ..... the more you praise him the more likely he will be snapped up, thanks be to god he didn't get a hat trick.

SSSSSSSsssshhhhhhhh !!!!!!!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A Face I think you could have a point here............!

We better change tackt...........so here goes.

That guy O'Flynn last night .....what a waste of space.

- He can't jump.
    - His ball skills are rubbish
    - He couldn't read a book not to mind say the game
    - He's unfit and lazy
    - He's got a horrible attitude and rubs his own players up the wrong way.
    - He won't do what his Manager asks and he obviously can't stand him

....and, is he ever going to score ( apart from those 2 flukes last night....oh and that one against Rovers .....oh and that one against Longford .....oh and those 3 for Ireland ....oh and those other 12 this season against pretty much everyone else )

Rubbish pure rubbish...........wish we had Kabia back. But then we lost him to a bigger club the minute he started playing "brilliantly"
    Irish by birth,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its plain and simple no arguement the best ever

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe the George bashers are actually a step ahead of everone else. Knoking him constantly so that people accross the water don't realise how good he is. [SIZE=3]NOT[/SIZE]
    I think a plan is just a list of things that don't happen - Mr Parker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Bayern Munich fans @ the Cross tonight........!

Originally posted by Counting Crow
    ....told them our #9 was an Irish U-21 International and scored during the week vs Poland. They immediately sat up and took particular notice in him....
    don't forget he scored against their U21 team as well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh yeah I said that to them also - with a smirk on my face.......to which they replied -

".....ferry gutt. He iss a gut player und vill be a big star"

I told them-

"......he already is my friend!"
    Irish by birth,

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Counting Crow
    A Face I think you could have a point here............!

We better change tackt...........so here goes.

That guy O'Flynn last night .....what a waste of space.

- He can't jump.
    - His ball skills are rubbish
    - He couldn't read a book not to mind say the game
    - He's unfit and lazy
    - He's got a horrible attitude and rubs his own players up the wrong way.
    - He won't do what his Manager asks and he obviously can't stand him

....and, is he ever going to score ( apart from those 2 flukes last night....oh and that one against Rovers .....oh and that one against Longford .....oh and those 3 for Ireland ....oh and those other 12 this season against pretty much everyone else )

Rubbish pure rubbish...........wish we had Kabia back. But then we lost him to a bigger club the minute he started playing "brilliantly"
    lol sorry...reminded me of this

"homer simpson is a ...... brilliant man.... with a lot of well thought out, practicle ideas... he is ensuring the success and future of this company for years to come. oh and his personal hygene is beyond reproach!"
    Jack