Thread: Gareth Cambridge

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Gareth Cambridge

Gone.

Apparently had a huge bust up with someone at training the other night.
    Last edited by rambler14; 28/06/2008 at 9:52 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Well . . . Davin ONeill walked out of training also, and neither were in the squad for todays game

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Not Gareth's first bust up and at least Davin turned up!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    the club is looking more like a pear everyday
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can't say I'm all that surprised. I don't know gareth, but it seems he hasn't been right on the pitch for months, maybe there's been an underlying problem? Also, Hendo has to make space in the squad for any new signings that are coming in.

Must take the opportunity to say thanx to gareth though, he put in some storming performances last year, especially in the first half of the season. Would be happy to see him back in a Rams shirt in the future.

It'll be intersting to see what happens with Dav. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season and again, Hendo has to make space in the wages budget. Would be suprised to see Dav leave, unless of course a good offer comes in for him - although I really hope he stays and gets stuck in. However, I don't think we could afford to turn down ready cash for him at this stage!
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Who would buy Davin on his current form??

I think Hendo has to take some of the blame for the poor performances. I know I will have some of the He is god brigade come on and defend him but this is my opinion.

If a Manger cannot get a team going for a game against Cork City ther is something wrong. The after a 5-0 loss there is no reaction the next week and you get beaten 3-1.

From what I gather most players had there wages doubled since last year which the manager would have overseen and he must have known that some of these players were not going to step up to premier standard and instead of paying these players wages he should have brought in one or 2 experienced players and got rid of some of the players who would not cut it.

The manager takes credit when you win things they also have to take the flak when things are not going well now it is time for him to sort it out. I am amazed that no one holds him responsible its everyone elses fault but at the end of the day he is the manager not the chairman not the commitee the buck has to stop with the manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post
    Who would buy Davin on his current form??

I think Hendo has to take some of the blame for the poor performances. I know I will have some of the He is god brigade come on and defend him but this is my opinion.

If a Manger cannot get a team going for a game against Cork City ther is something wrong. The after a 5-0 loss there is no reaction the next week and you get beaten 3-1.

From what I gather most players had there wages doubled since last year which the manager would have overseen and he must have known that some of these players were not going to step up to premier standard and instead of paying these players wages he should have brought in one or 2 experienced players and got rid of some of the players who would not cut it.

The manager takes credit when you win things they also have to take the flak when things are not going well now it is time for him to sort it out. I am amazed that no one holds him responsible its everyone elses fault but at the end of the day he is the manager not the chairman not the commitee the buck has to stop with the manager.
    I echo your sentiments!.
    Manager has to be held accountable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by offside rule View Post
    I echo your sentiments!.
    Manager has to be held accountable.
    over the last few months i have supported hendo as i didnt believe he had the resources available to build a strong enough team but when a rams team plays without heart spirit and balls i feel that is mangers fault, this is a results business after all and we need results if current form continues it could be squeaky bum type as fergie would say
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    hendo needs to take a step back and analyse the problem, we cant get rid of him as who would replace him,

i think defence had been good up to the brake, but just before it they seemed to fall apart, and i was hoping after the break they be back to there best, this is not the case, i think B McCarthy should be dropped, if either murray or gutrie are out carey should moved into centerback, and either mucky or coleman to slot in at right back, mcarthy is useless, and hes just to negative,

midfield need to relax, the lads are just trying to hard to get rid of the ball, they need to play a bit, even force fouls from the opposition, make space, and keep track of people in space, and feed them, this is a big issue with us at the mo,

up-front, reilly is like a headless chicken most times, i know hes confidence is low, but he need to snap the fcuk out of it and stopp being a baby, hes been payed to score goals, and he not doing it often enough, he got a goal last night and that should help, i would expect him to come back on form and get better in the next 2-3 weeks,

last 20 mins last night showed how good we can be, we ran into spaces and players were picked out, and we got a goal and nearly a second except for a great save,

just get them to relax a bit on the ball, and keep possesion untill you can pick out a decent pass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    hendo needs to take a step back and analyse the problem, we cant get rid of him as who would replace him,

i think defence had been good up to the brake, but just before it they seemed to fall apart, and i was hoping after the break they be back to there best, this is not the case, i think B McCarthy should be dropped, if either murray or gutrie are out carey should moved into centerback, and either mucky or coleman to slot in at right back, mcarthy is useless, and hes just to negative,

midfield need to relax, the lads are just trying to hard to get rid of the ball, they need to play a bit, even force fouls from the opposition, make space, and keep track of people in space, and feed them, this is a big issue with us at the mo,

up-front, reilly is like a headless chicken most times, i know hes confidence is low, but he need to snap the fcuk out of it and stopp being a baby, hes been payed to score goals, and he not doing it often enough, he got a goal last night and that should help, i would expect him to come back on form and get better in the next 2-3 weeks,

last 20 mins last night showed how good we can be, we ran into spaces and players were picked out, and we got a goal and nearly a second except for a great save,

just get them to relax a bit on the ball, and keep possesion untill you can pick out a decent pass
    agree don, only thing i d say is for 70-80 mins reilly wasnt only one who looked like headless chicken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    agree don, only thing i d say is for 70-80 mins reilly wasnt only one who looked like headless chicken
    no arguement from me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    back to cambridge if has left club it is a shame, he was a major part of our success last year he has had a difficult season this year but his positives far outweigh the negatives, some of his goals last year will remain memories for life. deserves praise lads not to be booted out door

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    i think B McCarthy should be dropped, if either murray or gutrie are out carey should moved into centerback, and either mucky or coleman to slot in at right back
    No way. Deccie Cahill and Peter O'Halloran are both waiting in the wings and deserve their chance (though Peter may need another year before being thrown into the fire), also Stevie Mulcahy may be worth a look at full back. All three are playing with real heart and determination for the A-team, something that seems to be lacking in the first team.
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Played with him today in the forum match........it was his farewell to St. Colmans and he classed it as his testimonial........great player who will be remembered as a member of the legendary league winning side of 2007.............as I said to him today........Cheers Kid!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpster View Post
    No way. Deccie Cahill and Peter O'Halloran are both waiting in the wings and deserve their chance (though Peter may need another year before being thrown into the fire), also Stevie Mulcahy may be worth a look at full back. All three are playing with real heart and determination for the A-team, something that seems to be lacking in the first team.
    Think Stevie mulcahy is worth a run for the A team against pats he was one of the best players on the pitch made sum great runs defo worth a start think he's better then Lally neway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya mulcahy is a good player. is it definitely true about cambridge.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depor View Post
    is it definitely true about cambridge.
    Yeah it's true. As of July 1st 2008 he is a free-agent!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good signing for waterford or limerick, could come back to haunt us some day though