Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club fined for smoke bombs at Shams game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I spoke to the guy and it's a bit different then everybody here says. somebody threw a flair near the guy and his son was in the smoke, so he threw it away on the pitch.
    I know you're friends with him tulip so you'll defend him but that is clearly not true.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    How much did and do these fans contibute personally to Rovers?

Their financial input alone outstreches the paltry fines that the FAI hand out. The MC should quit the blame game and look upon themselves. We are not up **** creek because of smoke bombs, we are there because of mismanagement.

dead on.

perhaps the club should release a statement outlining what punishment people will incurr for using flares in the future and have a universal punishment accepted by all.this line of identifying the culprits and doing nothing is ridiculous.perhaps having an acknowledged punishment policy in place would make too much sense?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    they should pay the fine

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I know you're friends with him tulip so you'll defend him but that is clearly not true.
    If you read the thread in the forzarovers board you would know it is, somebody there wrote he feels bad coz it was their flair in the first place!! And he will contact the club to pay the fine. And its stupid to just pick on one person, there were more people with flares and bogrolls etc!!!!
    Last edited by tulip; 07/07/2008 at 7:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    And he will contact the club to pay the fine.
    does he know the fine is €500?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    does he know the fine is €500?
    yes he does. but \i will chip in aswell, wasnt even at the match, but it's for the club so who cares?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair play to the lad who is going to pay the fine and lads who will help.On the whole flare issue as I mentioned before we brought it up along with other LOI clubs at a fans forum in Abbottstown and the FAI showed us some monstrosity box set of rules that are goverened by UEFA, which includes the exclusion of flares.Now one question I have is if a flare goes of at the showgrounds and we get fined €500 is is the same amount if one goes off at the San Siro or Anfield?

At the Finn harps game a management committee member approached me and told me in the first half that 4 flares would be let off at the end of the game and if there was anything I could do as we would be fined.I did mention it to one lad that the club know that there were flares to be let off, but he was already approached by another club member.

After that I suggested that the present management members simply stand in the middle of the lads who they know would let off the flares, ask them not too and save the inevitable fine.Instead they stood in front of them looked at it happening and then did a sort of a "I told ya so"

It was also suggested that a flare dispaly be done at the Liverpool legends game as this was not an FAI sanctioned match, sort of an amnesty and the flares that were bought could be used up.Didnt happen though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alan,
    If there is a set of rules somewhere that says you cant set off flares then you either live with that or do something to change the rules-how you do that I dont know.
    It is obviously the same group of lads that are setting off the flares so maybe if someone from the Management Committee or yourself as head of the Trust explain to them that it is costing the club serious money and while it does add an atmosphere it is not helping the club out at all.
    If after this has been explained to the lads involved and they still continue to let them off,then they should be not allowed into the ground until they agree not to let them off.
    If an away supporter lets off a flare,does the home team get fined as well?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No problem I can contact FAI and get some more info from them about this.Its also contained in the UEFA license(however a lot in that that has not been fulfileld).Its not the position of the trust to say to anyone what they can or cant do its up to individuals , we have no authority to do so.
    If thers anything the trust can do on this PM me or let any of the lads in the trust know.I do know that flares, smoke bombs may be let off if a qualified fire officer is present under certain conditions, but this can be expensive.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont understand Alan-they can either be let off or they cant.It has to be written somewhere that you cant let off flares etc or else the FAI wouldnt be in a position to fine the club.
    If what you say is true that they can be let off under the supervision of a Fire Officer,isn't one of the committee a Fire Officer?I'm sure he's not going to charge.
    Maybe you should drop the FAI a line and get the exact ruling etc.

I know you have no authority to tell people what to do but if somebody like you who is a figure in authority explained to these people the consequences of their actions rather than people roaring at them etc they might listen.If they dont,then it is Good Bye,I'm afraid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I really dont understand this thread?

The club is broke!

Supporters who know the club will be fined if they let the flares off still do!

If a supporter lets a flare off, then no matter how "true" a supporter he is and how much he "loves" the club, then the fine is €500 so this is more than the whole seasons ticket revenue that this "true" fan would have given to the club he "loves" and hence by a process of simple subtraction these "true" supporters are having a negative effect on the club they supposedly "love"?

Firstly i think the rules are too restrictive personally but the rules are the rules and we should all behave in a manner that benefits the club!

We can do without idiots like this who "love" our club!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akearins View Post
    It was also suggested that a flare dispaly be done at the Liverpool legends game as this was not an FAI sanctioned match, sort of an amnesty and the flares that were bought could be used up.Didnt happen though.
    There was flares and smoke canisters used at that game
    RIP JOHNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red_away View Post

The club is broke!

If a supporter lets a flare off, then no matter how "true" a supporter he is and how much he "loves" the club, then the fine is €500 so this is more than the whole seasons ticket revenue that this "true" fan would have given to the club he "loves" and hence by a process of simple subtraction these "true" supporters are having a negative effect on the club they supposedly "love"?

Firstly i think the rules are too restrictive personally but the rules are the rules and we should all behave in a manner that benefits the club!

it was only more because it was throwing on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nevermind more...it shouldnt be done!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red_away View Post

The club is broke!

yeah and all sit down and no swearing, what a jolly good time we will have!! This supporters love the club and like to put up a good display to show the players their support. They go to all the matches and not just to the ones that are important like most people.

And rules are rules? Thats what they said in nazi germany too. I think the FAI is well out off order to fine a club for something the club has absolutly no influence over (it was an away match!!) How would you like it when you have to pay a fine coz your neighbour was speeding in galway?? You would think its unfair and would be angry with the garda not with your neighbour!!!!

The displays are always done before the match starts and never during the match. I'm not involved with any of them but do enjoy them. In europe the clubs them self have confetti canons and lots of other things. It adds to atmosphere. I know it's fairly new here but most people here have been to matches in britain or europe and must have seen it there. Did you think that it was out of order then? The Rovers need more support then they have, let get more people in the showgrounds and one way to do it is by creating an atmosphere.

Dont forget its not aimed at anyone, there is no damage done and it looks good!!
    Last edited by tulip; 11/07/2008 at 7:31 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Look,I,m sure if Britney Spears or Paris Hilton ran accross the pitch naked or even still some of the committee-I'm sure that would create an atmosphere but the Club would still be fined.
    You either abide by the rules or try and change the rules but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to incur 500 euro fines when the club is under pressure finanically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    yeah and all sit down and no swearing, what a jolly good time we will have!! This supporters love the club and like to put up a good display to show the players their support. They go to all the matches and not just to the ones that are important like most people.

And rules are rules? Thats what they said in nazi germany too. I think the FAI is well out off order to fine a club for something the club has absolutly no influence over (it was an away match!!) How would you like it when you have to pay a fine coz your neighbour was speeding in galway?? You would think its unfair and would be angry with the garda not with your neighbour!!!!

The displays are always done before the match starts and never during the match. I'm not involved with any of them but do enjoy them. In europe the clubs them self have confetti canons and lots of other things. It adds to atmosphere. I know it's fairly new here but most people here have been to matches in britain or europe and must have seen it there. Did you think that it was out of order then? The Rovers need more support then they have, let get more people in the showgrounds and one way to do it is by creating an atmosphere.

Dont forget its not aimed at anyone, there is no damage done and it looks good!!
    get your facts right tulip - a smoke bomb was thrown during play in the second half of the shams match.
    i was down the front with my 7 year old child and it landed within 5 yards of us.
    There are reasons for these rules and even if we dont like them we must adhere to them.
    as sligo1 said even though we dont like speeding fines , the law is there for a valid reason and we gotta accept it.
    we as supporters now have to show zero tolerance to these idiots who are costing our club much needed money at present and i think you have to accept that this is the most important issue at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Any flares or smoke bombs used by Sligo Rovers supporters tonight at Terryland Park will result in a fine for Sligo Rovers Football Club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    Any flares or smoke bombs used by Sligo Rovers supporters tonight at Terryland Park will result in a fine for Sligo Rovers Football Club.
    Thanks for stating the obvious !!

If anybody knows who will be fined, for what and for where it's Sligo Rovers fans. seems we get fined after every game. regardless of atmosphere/ rule changes/ legal vs illegal debates, the facts remain the same - if you do anything with a flare or smoke bomb your club will be fined - yet some fans cant get this into their heads and continually let them off. Top professional clubs throughout europe can afford the fines - we cant - and that should be the factor taken into account before anyone brings these things into games.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    well done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast