Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City v Ramblers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Revisionism, methinks.

Top (league) crowd for 2005 was 8000 for the league decider; one crowd in the 6000s, one in the 5000s, one in the 4000s. 2006, top crowd was 5500, with two crowds in the 4000s. 2007, top crowd was 5000 with one crowd in the 4000s. Those last two were guesstimates, so you could probably take 10% off.
    He said 2-3 years ago not in the last 2-3 years.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    And I covered the period two to three years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    And I covered the period two to three years ago.
    Ok so, 4-5 years ago, when Shels were up top, and Derry were doing well. Maybe the figures will tell a different story but i remember it being 5000 average with a good few games sold out.

Anyway, cant expect that if players are half hearted.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4Pats View Post
    That's just not true. The only games we sold out in that period were the intertoto game against the french side and the league decider. We never averaged 5000
    Are you sure? I can remember alot of games where St Annes End was at least half full. I think you're wrong. I think the average was circa 5000.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    That's just not true. The only games we sold out in that period were the intertoto game against the french side and the league decider. We never averaged 5000
    In 2005 we sold out Shels in the Setanta semi, derry in the cup semi, league decider and Prague at home.

Ouyr average was nowhere near 5000. In fact our averages are better now.

but what A face is right about is were not getting the bumper crowds we used to get. Anytime shels came to town it was over 5000. We havnt had a game over 5000 yet this season.

But at the same time against the likes of UCD we were only getting 1500ish whereas this season tehre were more than 3000.

Our attendances are more consistent, but were missing the bumper crowds every now and then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Are you sure? I can remember alot of games where St Annes End was at least half full. I think you're wrong. I think the average was circa 5000.
    No where near it. Less than our average now in fact. Second last home game in 2005 A face. PAts at the cross on the brink of winning the league. Attendance? 2500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    In 2005 we sold out Shels in the Setanta semi, derry in the cup semi, league decider and Prague at home.

Ouyr average was nowhere near 5000. In fact our averages are better now.

but what A face is right about is were not getting the bumper crowds we used to get. Anytime shels came to town it was over 5000. We havnt had a game over 5000 yet this season.

But at the same time against the likes of UCD we were only getting 1500ish whereas this season tehre were more than 3000.

Our attendances are more consistent, but were missing the bumper crowds every now and then
    What you said

No where near it. Less than our average now in fact. Second last home game in 2005 A face. Pats at the cross on the brink of winning the league. Attendance? 2500
    Ah right, thats fair enough so. At least the average is up, a few bumper crowds would definitely help lift the average in the smaller games. Hopefully a little good run will help that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I wouldn't give out about the game per se but I didn't see anything in it that rectifys the problems of the first phase of games.
    Neither would I be too upset or embarrassed if I was a Rams fan.
    They should focus totally on beating the teams around the bottom.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    They won 5 - 0 and your still giving out. Seriously what more do you want
    A proper performance from committed players. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    A proper performance from committed players. Is that too much to ask?
    Whatever your opinions of the quality I think its very very harsh to question the commitment of any of the layers last night.

The worked very hard and kept pushing and running all nihgt. After 2 or 3 they could have sat back but they didnt. They kept pushing on and chasing down every ball, led by Mooney and Flynny up front.

If theres a particular player then name him and we'l see but I didnt see a single uncommitted player on the pitch last night. And I have been one of the people bitching about it earlier.

Id agree with Risteard though. Not much has changed. We're finishing a bit better but we need to sort out the midfield. get a proper right winger in and go 4-4-2 or we'l keep being killed down the wings by the stronger teams.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Whatever your opinions of the quality I think its very very harsh to question the commitment of any of the layers last night.

The worked very hard and kept pushing and running all nihgt. After 2 or 3 they could have sat back but they didnt. They kept pushing on and chasing down every ball, led by Mooney and Flynny up front.

If theres a particular player then name him and we'l see but I didnt see a single uncommitted player on the pitch last night. And I have been one of the people bitching about it earlier.

Id agree with Risteard though. Not much has changed. We're finishing a bit better but we need to sort out the midfield. get a proper right winger in and go 4-4-2 or we'l keep being killed down the wings by the stronger teams.

You coming down for the forum game next week Micls?
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    You coming down for the forum game next week Micls?
    Maybe. I'm on holidays so I have free time anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Not saying anything about the quality, its purely the commitment and lack for drive and ambition that is on show.

The worked very hard and kept pushing and running all night. After 2 or 3 they could have sat back but they didnt. They kept pushing on and chasing down every ball, led by Mooney and Flynny up front.
    Just because we are used to them sitting back on leads that doesn't mean that what we should be used to. Ideally you'd have a team the pushed on for all 95 mins or whatever length of time the game is. I'm making a pint of including the times of the game where we have thrown points away so far this season, the dying minutes of the game.

If they cant push on when we are three up then they should throw the towel altogether.

I dont have to go further than Gamble and Healy.

I think enough time has gone by to know that change is needed, and the lack of change is worrying. I was always saying that we'd have to give AM time to getting things going but he is not making enough adjustments to prevent some of the performances we've had. But i'm not blaming it all on AM, i think the players have to come in for loads of criticism but as long as they are winning 5 nil against Cobh the 'everything is grand' !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I dont have to go further than Gamble and Healy.
    Sorry but thats rubbish. Gamble was good last night and there was far from a lack of commitment. i think the contract rumours are clouding peoples view of his performances.

Healy did anything he had to do, which was very little. He was a holding midfielder in a game where they barely attacked.

Completely disagree with the lack of commitment and drive comments last night.

Other games yes, last night no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Sorry but thats rubbish. Gamble was good last night and there was far from a lack of commitment. i think the contract rumours are clouding peoples view of his performances.

Healy did anything he had to do, which was very little. He was a holding midfielder in a game where they barely attacked.

Completely disagree with the lack of commitment and drive comments last night.

Other games yes, last night no.
    I am speaking about the whole season, not just last night. And i wouldn't leave it at Gamble and Healy either. I'd say if you asked the same question of anyone on the team they'd say the same if they answered honestly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I am speaking about the whole season, not just last night. And i wouldn't leave it at Gamble and Healy either. I'd say if you asked the same question of anyone on the team they'd say the same if they answered honestly.
    Your initial post was complaining about last night. Thats what you were questioned about when you answered with lack of commitment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Your initial post was complaining about last night. Thats what you were questioned about when you answered with lack of commitment
    Right, question for you so. Do you think the team have given a full contribution so far this year? Ability, mental strength, rub of the green, all that aside, just their commitment to seeing that game through 90 mins and playing for the jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Right, question for you so. Do you think the team have given a full contribution so far this year? Ability, mental strength, rub of the green, all that aside, just their commitment to seeing that game through 90 mins and playing for the jersey.
    No. If you'd read my earlier psts you'd see I already said I had questionned their commitment earlier in the season.

But this thread is about the Cobh game, thats what you started complaining about and to say their was a lack of commitment is just wrong.

For the most part the team spirit has been good this year. How many times have we fought back from being behind?

Our problem has been concentration and formation imo. Things the manager needs to sort out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    No. If you'd read my earlier psts you'd see I already said I had questionned their commitment earlier in the season.

But this thread is about the Cobh game, thats what you started complaining about and to say their was a lack of commitment is just wrong.

For the most part the team spirit has been good this year. How many times have we fought back from being behind?

Our problem has been concentration and formation imo. Things the manager needs to sort out
    Fair enough

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123